Thanksgiving Thankfulness and Dragon Ball

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kakarot88
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Thanksgiving Thankfulness and Dragon Ball

Post by Kakarot88 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:16 pm

In light of Thanksgiving I was thinking about what I'm thankful for and beyond health, family, etc. I realized I am thankful for Kanzenshuu and all it has provided for me this past year as well as the fact that we got a new Dragon Ball Z movie! So I was wondering, how about y'all? What are you thankful for in terms of Dragon Ball and/or Kanzenshuu?
"You might think you know everything there is to know about me, but really, you're not even CLOSE."

"Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." ~ Sir Winston Chruchill / Dragon Ball Z in a nutshell

How I enjoy the anime:

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Re: Thanksgiving Thankfulness and Dragon Ball

Post by Chuquita » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:39 pm

In terms of new stuff, Gokû's ssjg form (so cute... =u= ) and BOG in general.

Also thankful Kanzenshuu exists, and the db pages on pixiv I visit. DA for continuing to exist so I can post my art.
TFS for still going strong.

I'm sure there's more, just can't think of it atm.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Pretorious
Beyond Newbie

Post by Pretorious » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:10 am

I'm thankful for this site, the community, BOG, Animazement and the opportunity to meet the cast of the series, and for completing my Dragon Box Z collection. I'm also thankful that people still like Dragon Ball in the year 2013.

Future me is thankful for BOG coming to the U.S. Whenever that may be.

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:21 am

Definitely this site! I couldn't imagine even having half of the great conversations anywhere else on the internet than right here. :D The people are what makes Kanzenshuu, Kanzenshuu. :P If this site happened to go away, I wouldn't really have much use to get on the internet other than check mail. :lol: I'm thankful for the Dragon-boxes and finely getting the original Dragonball season sets. :) I'm also thankful for you for making this topic. I love stuff like this.
Maybe If your all good I'll tell you the tale of Goku and the Indians LOL

Edit - I actually really like Upa considering I had a-lot of Native Americans in my family. :)
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:51 am

I'm gonna have to agree with everyone else and say this site. I had almost completely stopped engaging in anything Dragon Ball related, and I happened to come across Kanzenshuu at the beginning of the year. Thanks to the community here, I've regained my love of a series that I had more or less stopped caring about.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:19 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote: Thanks to the community here, I've regained my love of a series that I had more or less stopped caring about.
We're a community of enablers. I don't know if I'd be such a die-hard fan if I didn't associate the series with the awesome people I've met here. :lol:

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:12 pm

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote: Thanks to the community here, I've regained my love of a series that I had more or less stopped caring about.
We're a community of enablers. I don't know if I'd be such a die-hard fan if I didn't associate the series with the awesome people I've met here. :lol:
Same here. This forum is so great I don;t know what I would do without it in my daily life.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:35 pm

I'm thankful for

- Goku and the Cast. One of my favorite cast ever
- Goten! He deserves his own spot just because he's the fucking man. So badass and awesome.
- Sony Vegas so I can make DBZ amvs. Nice program. Great for hardcore amv makers like myself
- This website. I love this place which is why I post a lot......A LOT! It's awesome. It's fun being here. Going to miss it when I go to college next school year(2014 - 2015) and be stuck studying all day
- Scarz....pictures
- GOOD fanfics of DB
- Korean BoG DVD(Can't wait to get it....if it comes out)
- BoG. Though I hate the movie with a strong passion. I do like the score and it gave me more material to edit with
- DB dvds. All of them. Even the fucking Orange bricks. Before I had a PC I used the Bricks to watch DB
- Akira Toriyama
- Episode of Bardock(For the fighting)
- Yo! Goku and Friends return!
- The Fans of DBZ-DB-GT
- Toei Animation

Gogeta 00
Beyond Newbie

Post by Gogeta 00 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:50 am

I love fluffy little topics like these it is always so nice to celebrate the holidays in relation to Dragon Ball! Haha.

Just a few things from me for now.

I am thankful to webmasters for the incredible amount of hard work that they put into maintaining the site and moderating the forum! I honestly have no idea how you guys find the time to do all of this but I am so glad that you do. Seriously you guys rock, give yourselves a pat on the back!

I am thankful for my Dragon Boxes because they are incredible and I am so happy that I got them while I could.

I am thankful for my Rock the Dragon set for being a wonderful time capsule and allowing me to own a piece of my childhood and revisit the reason that I am a fan.

I am thankful that years ago when I joined this forum I was made more aware of the issues in the dub and I am very thankful that I gave the original a try because of it. It really is a completely different experience which I prefer in almost every single way and I'll never go back to being a dub fan (though I may watch some youtube clips for nostalgia and comparison clips).

But most of all I am thankful that this stupid little show still manages to cause me so much happiness whenever I watch it and think about it, even after 17 years of being a fan. I was three years old when I started watching the ocean dub on syndication, I barely even remember it. I have come so far since then and so many things in life have obviously changed, but Dragon Ball has been with me through it all and it has never let me down.
[url=http://daizex.fanboyreview.net/viewtopic.php?t=9403] 12 years, 100 memories[/url]
[Former dub fan 1996-2008]