What could Toei have done to avoid filler inconsistencies?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Re: What could Toei have done to avoid filler inconsistencie

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:06 pm

Boss Rabbit is either a joke character or he is a special type of rabbit that can live in space. The first choice is most likely the reason.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:59 pm

Logan wrote:Vegeta and Nappa were a good distance away from Arlia when it was destroyed. Far, far from the stratosphere.

And we are also talking about a planet that is not Earth, so we don't know the limits of Arlia's stratosphere.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:30 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
Logan wrote:Vegeta and Nappa were a good distance away from Arlia when it was destroyed. Far, far from the stratosphere.

And we are also talking about a planet that is not Earth, so we don't know the limits of Arlia's stratosphere.
Vegeta looks like he has a lightsaber. I guess Trunks had to get his talent from somewhere.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Logan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Logan » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:26 am

I stand corrected. :)

Some of the shots of the planet disintegrating make it look like they're much farther away, hence my mistake.
There is no Dragon Ball canon.

JamesOwnz
Beyond Newbie

Post by JamesOwnz » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:03 am

How did Vegeta and Nappa survive a planet EXPLODING so close to them? lol

SaiyaJedi
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by SaiyaJedi » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:08 am

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:

I am quite sure that the atmospheric layers in this image are not to scale with the planet below. 50 kilometers isn't even a millimeter with the Earth at this size!

(Also, the sun would be burning us all to a crisp at the distance implied in this graphic.)
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

UltimateHammerBro
Advanced Regular

Post by UltimateHammerBro » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:16 pm

Even if Saiyans can breathe in the stratosphere, Vegeta and Nappa stood outside their capsules for a while after making Arlia explode.
I'm a webcomic artist! Check out http://tapastic.com/series/Hearts