How did you decide/get your avatar?

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Re: How did you decide/get your avatar?

Post by Attitudefan » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:19 am

Gogeta 00 wrote:After 5 years it just felt like it was time for a change. I wanted to stick to Gogeta to match my name sake.

Also, Attitudefan we should chat sometime. I miss the attitude era so much. Thank god for all of the awesome DVD releases which allow us to easily relive it!
Give me a hell yeah for that!! Hell, they have been pretty decent about uploading old WWF and WCW stuff on Youtube as well!

Ahhhh..... NOSTALGIA!!
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada

Z-Dragon
Beyond Newbie

Post by Z-Dragon » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:03 am

I felt like I need to change my Zero avatar to Hakumen, my favorite character from Blazblue Series.

Gogeta 00
Beyond Newbie

Post by Gogeta 00 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:52 pm

Attitudefan wrote:
Gogeta 00 wrote:After 5 years it just felt like it was time for a change. I wanted to stick to Gogeta to match my name sake.

Also, Attitudefan we should chat sometime. I miss the attitude era so much. Thank god for all of the awesome DVD releases which allow us to easily relive it!
Give me a hell yeah for that!! Hell, they have been pretty decent about uploading old WWF and WCW stuff on Youtube as well!

Ahhhh..... NOSTALGIA!!
Hell yeah!
[url=http://daizex.fanboyreview.net/viewtopic.php?t=9403] 12 years, 100 memories[/url]
[Former dub fan 1996-2008]

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:39 pm

'Tis the season :P
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:25 pm

I had Buuhan for a while. Decided to change it up. Plus, I've been replaying Fallout 2 recently.

It's part of this theme I have with forum avatars: I'm trying to make it so all of my avatars on various forums are figures wearing gas mask-like helmets with colored eyes. I currently use a Civil Protection officer from Half-Life 2 (blue eyes), a Helghast soldier from Killzone (red eyes), an HECU marine from Half-Life (green eyes), and this Enclave soldier from Fallout 2 (orange eyes).
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:05 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:I had Buuhan for a while. Decided to change it up. Plus, I've been replaying Fallout 2 recently.

It's part of this theme I have with forum avatars: I'm trying to make it so all of my avatars on various forums are figures wearing gas mask-like helmets with colored eyes. I currently use a Civil Protection officer from Half-Life 2 (blue eyes), a Helghast soldier from Killzone (red eyes), an HECU marine from Half-Life (green eyes), and this Enclave soldier from Fallout 2 (orange eyes).
You could try out the Dust Men from Infamous. Or the assassin guys from Dishonored too.
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:31 pm

Met Cm Punk IRL so I got this from a member.

Edit I found an even better one! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: . BEST IN THE FUCKING WORLD! One of the GOAT!

CM PUNK!

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:02 am

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:I had Buuhan for a while. Decided to change it up. Plus, I've been replaying Fallout 2 recently.

You could try out the Dust Men from Infamous. Or the assassin guys from Dishonored too.
I assume you actually meant the First Sons? Maybe. Though I'll need more forum accounts before I can justify having that many avatars :) . That and I'd like if they all had different colored eyes. Then again I guess I could just use a Civil Protection avatar that has the black or gray eyes instead of the blue. Decisions, decisions.

I've been thinking about using one of the assassins, but I prefer to only have avatars of stuff I've watched/read/played, so no Whalers for now.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:17 am

RandomGuy96 wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:

I assume you actually meant the First Sons? Maybe. Though I'll need more forum accounts before I can justify having that many avatars :) . That and I'd like if they all had different colored eyes. Then again I guess I could just use a Civil Protection avatar that has the black or gray eyes instead of the blue. Decisions, decisions.

I've been thinking about using one of the assassins, but I prefer to only have avatars of stuff I've watched/read/played, so no Whalers for now.
Yeah, that. It's been a while since I played that game :P
Malik_DBNA wrote:

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:05 pm

Oolong with a Christmas sweater with a warm cup of cocoa, with an expression that represents mine at the moment.

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:45 pm

Christmas avatar. Grinch. Blah.
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Post by El Diabeetus » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:38 am

It's the same Beerus in South Park's style avatar I was using/made before. I just edited the background to be Green and Red for Christmas-y colors and gave Beerus a Santa hat.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:15 am

I felt that I had many avatars I wanted to use. So I've decided to make them Random. I have Kental's Mr Satan gif, The Rock, Cm Punk, My girlfriend, and Blingman121v3(MY youtube).

Man it feels great looking at these.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:26 pm

Feels like I should have changed this earlier, but I kept forgetting. As Christmas is tomorrow though, I'll likely go ahead and at least use this through the end of the year. Merry Christmas peoples!
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:14 pm

I recently watched Sword Art Online and Asuna is such a cutie (that and was getting tired of my old avatar).
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Post by Attitudefan » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:33 am

A friend showed me an AMAZING anime, which has some of the funniest things I have seen ever, called Sorcerer Hunters. Tira Misu is the girl I chose cause she's a cutie ;) :thumbup:

Also, the show has one of the best opening songs ever. Dominant and sexy chicks, good music, and it's freaking hilarious (at least, I think so :P )

Totally underrated.
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:28 pm

Well, now that the holiday season is over and it's a brand new year, no more Christmas Kuririn. Now we're too...er...happy-about-something-naughty Kuririn?

The picture I cropped this from is a lot cleaner than one might suspect, honestly, though. Not a bit of nudity to it. :P
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:25 pm

New year, new avatar. Suave swine.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:31 am

My new avatar is Shadowmoon. I've been watching Kamen Rider Black and Shadowmoon is even more badass in the Showa era then he is now.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

GsTvo
Not-So-Newbie

Post by GsTvo » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:54 pm

Because all of us must hail the king. As tribute I chose this avatar.

Original Picture: Here.