SPC vs SSjin 2 Kid Gohan Argument

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kakashi
Banned

SPC vs SSjin 2 Kid Gohan Argument

Post by Kakashi » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:53 pm

I see them as close rivals, however I have heard people saying Gohan beat him at half power so he is much stronger which is laughable IMO. What do you think?

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Re: SPC vs SSjin 2 Kid Gohan Argument

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:07 pm

Cell's new power definitely put him in Gohan's league, but I still think Gohan is the more powerful one. I just think the fight would be much tougher for Gohan, like Cell says.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Hearts

Post by Hearts » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:38 pm

At the time i would put maybe Gohan at 70% of SP Cells power, maybe even lower, because Gohan said himself that he has less than half his power left. The only reason Gohan managed to beat Cell was because Vegeta distracted him. Also i think that Cell was about to put an end to Gohan, he was about to put all of his energy into the Kamehameha but Vegeta hit him with his blast, Cell got distracted for a few seconds and werent focusing on the clash with Gohan. Thats why Goku yelled "NOW!" and thats why they beat him.... i think : P

Kakashi
Banned

Post by Kakashi » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:38 pm

Super Saiyan Turlast x4 wrote:Cell's new power definitely put him in Gohan's league, but I still think Gohan is the more powerful one. I just think the fight would be much tougher for Gohan, like Cell says.
Gohan is slightly stronger IMO

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:42 pm

Kakashi wrote:I see them as close rivals, however I have heard people saying Gohan beat him at half power so he is much stronger which is laughable IMO. What do you think?
If you think it's laughable, you've already come in with a completely made-up mind, and it sounds like you -- once again -- just want your own thoughts regurgitated back at you, otherwise you're just going to laugh at the responses.

This accomplishes nothing and sets a horrible tone for a discussion.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Kakashi
Banned

Post by Kakashi » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:48 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
Kakashi wrote:I see them as close rivals, however I have heard people saying Gohan beat him at half power so he is much stronger which is laughable IMO. What do you think?
If you think it's laughable, you've already come in with a completely made-up mind, and it sounds like you -- once again -- just want your own thoughts regurgitated back at you, otherwise you're just going to laugh at the responses.

I said it because the Manga states SPC was stronger than half power SSjin 2 Kid Gohan

Dragon Sequoia

Post by Dragon Sequoia » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:53 pm

I have Super-Perfect Cell at 85% of Gohan's power. Due to Cell's battle intelligence, it could present Gohan with a great deal of difficulty. I think a rage-boosted SSJ2 Gohan is a great deal stronger than Cell however, and Gohan would require little effort to get rid of him.
Last edited by Dragon Sequoia on Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kakashi
Banned

Post by Kakashi » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:58 pm

Dragon Sequoia wrote:I have Super-Perfect Cell at 85% of Gohan's power. Due to Cell's battle intelligence, it could present Gohan with a great deal of difficulty. I think a rage-boosted SSJ2 Gohan is a great deal stronger than Cell however, and Gohan would require little effort to get rid of him.
85% is not a hard fight.

SPC should be at least 90%+ of SSjin 2 Kid Gohan

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:04 pm

Kakashi wrote:85% is not a hard fight.
Says you. No matter how much fans want to keep repeating it, there are no strict power level ratios that determine the course of a fight.

Anyway, I think Gohan and Cell were pretty much equals before Gohan got injured. Gohan got his power back at the last possible moment and won the Kamehameha clash.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Kakashi
Banned

Post by Kakashi » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:16 pm

Kaboom wrote:
Kakashi wrote:85% is not a hard fight.
Says you. No matter how much fans want to keep repeating it, there are no strict power level ratios that determine the course of a fight.

Anyway, I think Gohan and Cell were pretty much equals before Gohan got injured. Gohan got his power back at the last possible moment and won the Kamehameha clash.
You follow the 2x gap no? That's why

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:19 pm

As just said screw it and make them equals.

SSJ4_Zankuto
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJ4_Zankuto » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:25 pm

I was thinking about power difference between newly-regenerated, powered up Super Perfect Cell and Super Saiyan 2 Kid Gohan these past few days. Cell and Super Saiyan 2 Gohan (before arm broken) does seem pretty confident they can outdo each other. Which is likely both are equal in power.

Dragon Sequoia

Post by Dragon Sequoia » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:45 pm

Screw it. It'd be less tiresome if we just make them equals.

Tyro
Patreon Supporter

Post by Tyro » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:22 pm

Dragon Sequoia wrote:Screw it. It'd be less tiresome if we just make them equals.
That doesn't mean that it's true.

Dragon Sequoia

Post by Dragon Sequoia » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:25 pm

Tyro wrote:
Dragon Sequoia wrote:Screw it. It'd be less tiresome if we just make them equals.
That doesn't mean that it's true.
You're exactly right, but it'd give me closure.

Tyro
Patreon Supporter

Post by Tyro » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:00 pm

Dragon Sequoia wrote:You're exactly right, but it'd give me closure.
Trying to determine what's most likely true would give me closer. Granted we don't have a lot of information to work with, but I couldn't arbitrarily say "they're equal" and expect to sleep well at night.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:01 pm

Yeah, it's really hard to compare the two. All we know is Cell powered-up "like Gohan", and was able to damage Gohan with a Chi-blast for Vegeta.

Gohan's pretty confident in his power, but once Cell hit him with that Chi-blast, he says that he underestimated Cell's power. Cell also seemed pretty happy that Gohan had gotten much weaker, but I dunno. Wish we could've seen an actual battle.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:29 pm

I have SS2 Gohan slightly stronger than SP Cell. Gohan did lost half of his power, but he momentary recovered his full power through his rage boost, and killed Cell when he wasn't paying attention.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:25 pm

Kakashi wrote:
VegettoEX wrote:

I said it because the Manga states SPC was stronger than half power SSjin 2 Kid Gohan
And Ultimate Gohan is still by that logic stronger than half - power Raditz.

Myself I see Gohan as stronger than Cell, to the extent that Gohan have had to be damaged for Cell to dominate.
And not just by a slight amount, but by a whooping 50%
Considering both Gohan's damage and his low motivation by that time, I'd say that that was the reason why his power seemed lower than it was.
So if Gohan was 150 and Cell was 100, Gohan losing half his power would be 75, and Cell would still dominate.

See, I can too make up my own rules and make sense of them.

Kingsley

Post by Kingsley » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:29 pm

I'd say Gohan is slightly stronger than Cell since he's the one still being used as the measuring stick for power seven years later rather than Cell