Other Possible Gods of Destruction

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Re: Other Possible Gods of Destruction

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:09 am

UpFromTheSkies wrote:
Nex Carnifex wrote:
Friezacooler wrote:Whis is not a god of destruction, there should be a canon movie of Goku meeting Grand kai for training before kicking some major ass in the next series, Toribot would own the other 12 gods unless Grand kai and Goku fusion 8) .
what is he then, god of beerus?
We're never told what he is.
I'm pretty sure we're told that he's Beerus' attendant. He's basically Super Popo.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:13 am

You should make an unsuspecting God of Destruction, around the size of Gregory or Oolong, and have a very large beast or dragon accompany him.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:15 am

Kamiccolo9 wrote: I'm pretty sure we're told that he's Beerus' attendant. He's basically Super Popo.
That doesn't tell us what he is, though. He could be a God, a magical being, a super powerful alien, ect.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:21 am

It might also be interesting to have a God of Destruction that's not anthropomorphic at all, and have it look like an ordinary dog, or some other animal. I'm not sure how that would look in a battle, but it would be interesting, and no one would suspect him. That seems like something Toriyama would do.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:44 pm

goku the krump dancer wrote:So is the guy in the chicken mask SSJ4 Vegeta?
No, it's that chicken guy from the Budokai who did a looooot of training and became a Hakaishin.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:07 pm

Here Kamiccolo, a larger image of the purple one.
The beard, upper eyes, and horns are very ram/goat like so it seems you got your goat after all.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:12 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:Here Kamiccolo, a larger image of the purple one.
The beard, upper eyes, and horns are very ram/goat like so it seems you got your goat after all.
Okay, I can see it now. Thanks pal!
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:44 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
KentalSSJ6 wrote:Here Kamiccolo, a larger image of the purple one.
Okay, I can see it now. Thanks pal!
The Go-to Fanart Guy strikes again.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:48 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:
They look way too competent. Look how Beers looks silly and non threatening. They don't quite fit with him.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:57 pm

Marco Polo wrote:They look way too competent. Look how Beers looks silly and non threatening. They don't quite fit with him.
Agreed. Toriyama likes to make his villains look unsuspecting, and usually the weakest looking is the strongest. Fans never seem to catch onto that when they make fan art/fan fiction.

They actually look like guys that would show up at the Tenkaichi/Anyoichi Budokai's and be defeated quickly in one fight.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:39 am

I like their designs. They look and feel like characters that would exist in the DB universe unlike the stuff in DBA.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:46 am

They actually look like guys that would show up at the Tenkaichi/Anyoichi Budokai's and be defeated quickly in one fight.
I agree with this part, at least. Not a big fan of those designs.

Maybe at least one of the gods should be completely eldritch, or just flat-out weird? Like that Green Lantern who also happens to be a planet. One should at least be non-humanoid.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:55 am

It won't surprise me if Beers is a low tier compare to the other gods in Universe 7. I already put Beers above SSj4 level and I bet that the top tier gods could make SSj4 Gogeta look like a ant.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Friezacooler
Regular

Post by Friezacooler » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:38 am

^ nothing but opinion.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:43 am

Friezacooler wrote:^ nothing but opinion.
Super Saiyan God Goku is stated to be Goku's strongest form (in a promo of the DBZ: Battle of Z video game), which could be interpreted as SSGod > SS4, and even SSGod Goku > SS4 Gogeta, since SS4 Gogeta is technically a form of Goku.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Friezacooler
Regular

Post by Friezacooler » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:52 am

There are no GT characters in battle of Z and there is no mention of GT characters in battle of gods the primary source so nothing but opinion indeed.

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:50 pm

UpFromTheSkies wrote:
Marco Polo wrote:They look way too competent. Look how Beers looks silly and non threatening. They don't quite fit with him.
Agreed. Toriyama likes to make his villains look unsuspecting, and usually the weakest looking is the strongest. Fans never seem to catch onto that when they make fan art/fan fiction.

Freeza didn't look unsuspecting, neither did Cell or Super Buu, Tao Pai Pai, Piccolo Daimao, Piccolo Jr, Nappa, Vegeta, Jeice, Recoome, Baata, Captain Ginyu, Dodoria, Zarbon, Tambourine, Cymbal and many more.

The unsuspecting-looking villains are much more rare, and the weakest looking isn't usually the strongest.
An example of this would be Guldo actually being the weakest, as well as Kid Buu, Buffed up Cell being weaker than SPC.
Whis, who is stronger than Beers looks weaker, but is stronger.
Freeza in his first form did't look weaker than the rest either.

This is simply not as clear as you make it be.
Sure, Toriyama likes to occasionally make a stronger villain less intimidating in his looks, but this isn't by any means the standard.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:09 am

Godo wrote:
UpFromTheSkies wrote:

Freeza didn't look unsuspecting, neither did Cell or Super Buu, Tao Pai Pai, Piccolo Daimao, Piccolo Jr, Nappa, Vegeta, Jeice, Recoome, Baata, Captain Ginyu, Dodoria, Zarbon, Tambourine, Cymbal and many more.

The unsuspecting-looking villains are much more rare, and the weakest looking isn't usually the strongest.
An example of this would be Guldo actually being the weakest, as well as Kid Buu, Buffed up Cell being weaker than SPC.
Whis, who is stronger than Beers looks weaker, but is stronger.
Freeza in his first form did't look weaker than the rest either.

This is simply not as clear as you make it be.
Sure, Toriyama likes to occasionally make a stronger villain less intimidating in his looks, but this isn't by any means the standard.
Toriyama does like to make the weak looking characters stronger, he's even mentioned it in interviews. Examples would be General Blue, Karin, Popo, Kami, Master Roshi, Arale, Grandpa Gohan, Vegeta (he looked much weaker than Nappa), baby Gohan, Freeza (His henchman looked more intimidating), fat Majin Buu, kid Goten and Trunks, Kaioshin (Kibit looked like he was the strong one), Kaio-sama, 17, 18, 19, 20, ect

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:42 am

UpFromTheSkies wrote: Toriyama does like to make the weak looking characters stronger, he's even mentioned it in interviews. Examples would be General Blue, Karin, Popo, Kami, Master Roshi, Arale, Grandpa Gohan, Vegeta (he looked much weaker than Nappa), baby Gohan, Freeza (His henchman looked more intimidating), fat Majin Buu, kid Goten and Trunks, Kaioshin (Kibit looked like he was the strong one), Kaio-sama, 17, 18, 19, 20, ect
Yes, as I said, not every villain is weak-looking. It is not like every villain is weak looking as you said earlier.
Regarding the heroes, having them weak looking is pretty much standard in shonen? At least there are a lot of manga having that.
We have enough strong looking villains to disregard that villains have to look weak as a rule, which was the thing I objected against in the first place.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:58 am

Godo wrote:
UpFromTheSkies wrote: Toriyama does like to make the weak looking characters stronger, he's even mentioned it in interviews. Examples would be General Blue, Karin, Popo, Kami, Master Roshi, Arale, Grandpa Gohan, Vegeta (he looked much weaker than Nappa), baby Gohan, Freeza (His henchman looked more intimidating), fat Majin Buu, kid Goten and Trunks, Kaioshin (Kibit looked like he was the strong one), Kaio-sama, 17, 18, 19, 20, ect
Yes, as I said, not every villain is weak-looking. It is not like every villain is weak looking as you said earlier.
Regarding the heroes, having them weak looking is pretty much standard in shonen? At least there are a lot of manga having that.
We have enough strong looking villains to disregard that villains have to look weak as a rule, which was the thing I objected against in the first place.
Every main villian in Z started out looking weak, or much weaker than others they were with.

"[Beerus is] a bit eerie, and at first glance, he doesn't seem strong at all, so I like him quite a bit. He even makes cute cat-like gestures. In my works, “guys who seem like they ought to be strong are actually weak.” ……Like Nappa. (laughs)"
--Akira Toriyama