"DBZ: Battle of Z" (360/PS3/Vita) On-Going Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Drev
Beyond Newbie

Re: "DBZ: Battle of Z" (360/PS3/Vita) On-Going Discussion Th

Post by Drev » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:55 am

DarkPrince_92 wrote:
Big Momma wrote:For the PS3 Demo only, how to unlock Scouter Vegeta, Nappa and others

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSs9Ff33HfQ
Did anyone actually try this? Most of the Youtube comments are about errors people are experiencing. I don't want to bother myself if this doesn't work. I still wanna use my boy Vegeta.
i suggest you to NOT try these things: it's both hacking and cheating. I doubt sony/microsoft will do anything about it, but be aware that it's cheating and hacking, and they could ban you for this. And in that case i will say to you all "you deserved it"

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:22 am

Drev wrote:i suggest you to NOT try these things: it's both hacking and cheating. I doubt sony/microsoft will do anything about it, but be aware that it's cheating and hacking, and they could ban you for this. And in that case i will say to you all "you deserved it"
I've resigned savegames countless times, downloaded demos/media/games from other regions and specifically for Xbox 360 the de-listed trials I downloaded from the PC to the 360 and to this day it's all perfectly normal.

It's not as if you're hacking or cheating, all you'd be doing is reassigning the savegame to your profile and from there on they can only assume it's yours.

For some reason this reminds me of the early times when PS3 was hacked and then people got all worked up thinking the sales would drop and thus far developers too, erm, Xbox 360 was hacked and they're still making millions. The 7th gen (PS3/X360) will still remain for a couple more years because PS4/XO are lacking in games (Wii U is in its own league).
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:37 am

Microsoft has very specifically banned consoles for purchasing cheap/free items on foreign marketplaces. What was that most recent one? Rayman Legends on the Bosnian marketplace?

On the flip side, I'm well aware that people have fixed Skyrim bugged-out save data on the 360 by doing a similar process and fixing it on the PC dev/console/whatever side of things, and I haven't heard any reports on that leading to bans.

Definitely the kind of stuff where you're agreeing to a certain set of terms/rules/limitations/etc., and you have virtually no recourse to fight back with / leg to stand on should they decide to do something with your online access. Not saying it's right, but them's the breaks.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Drev
Beyond Newbie

Post by Drev » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:21 am

In this case it's a demo so no one really cares... but what if this method (or a similar one) is working with the final game too? You could have all cards, maximum level, etc. at day 1, and that would be not fair. THIS is what I'm really concerned about. :?

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:36 am

Drev wrote:In this case it's a demo so no one really cares... but what if this method (or a similar one) is working with the final game too? You could have all cards, maximum level, etc. at day 1, and that would be not fair. THIS is what I'm really concerned about. :?
That would be problematic but more than likely at that stage it would only be usable for Hacked 360's and PS3's.

P.S.: If Microsoft banned my Xbox 360 then that would be the reason to finally hack it so I could watch DVDs and play 360's games from any region.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Drev
Beyond Newbie

Post by Drev » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:42 am

dbboxkaifan wrote:
Drev wrote:In this case it's a demo so no one really cares... but what if this method (or a similar one) is working with the final game too? You could have all cards, maximum level, etc. at day 1, and that would be not fair. THIS is what I'm really concerned about. :?
That would be problematic but more than likely at that stage it would only be usable for Hacked 360's and PS3's.

P.S.: If Microsoft banned my Xbox 360 then that would be the reason to finally hack it so I could watch DVDs and play 360's games from any region.
well, talking about hacked 360 or ps3 i don't care, because they can't even go online with them (or else, they can but they will be banned after that). The problem would be in ORIGINAL (not hacked/modded) ps3 and 360, that's what i'm talking about :(

BobZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BobZ » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:23 pm

Hey guys!

It's been a while since I checked this thread and since I'm a lazy s.o.b, I was wondering if someone would be kind enough to advise what's the latest on the EU pre-order edition for the game. Specifically, for the Vita if possible.

The Day 1 Edition only includes the Sage Naruto costume for Goku as a bonus, correct?

I was only able to find the the SSJ Bardock and Vegetto pre-order bonus here - http://www.game.co.uk/en/dragon-ball-z- ... ion-237269

Is there confirmation that these characters will be available post-launch or are they strictly pre-order as well?

Basically, I'm really interested in them and don't care much for the Sage Mode costume... so, yeah.

Thanks in advance to anyone who sheds some light on this! : )

GogetaSSJ2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by GogetaSSJ2 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:23 am

Does anyone have an update whether BoZ will have an offline vs CPU? So far it seems like the only single player mode is story mode (great...) and all of the battle modes are for online only.
PSN: Nightwing7841

"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta, I am the instrument of your destruction!" - Gogeta

Drev
Beyond Newbie

Post by Drev » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:42 am

GogetaSSJ2 wrote:Does anyone have an update whether BoZ will have an offline vs CPU? So far it seems like the only single player mode is story mode (great...) and all of the battle modes are for online only.
no one knows for sure yet, we have to wait for 23rd of january. But anyway who care? The game will be enjoyable anyway.

superkakarrot2
Not-So-Newbie

Post by superkakarrot2 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:09 am

GogetaSSJ2 wrote:Does anyone have an update whether BoZ will have an offline vs CPU? So far it seems like the only single player mode is story mode (great...) and all of the battle modes are for online only.
I really hope so this game looks so fun otherwise :( .

GogetaSSJ2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by GogetaSSJ2 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:45 pm

Yes I admit the game is fun still. It can get crazy fun with 8 people on the battlefield at once :lol:

What console did we all agree on for Kanzenshuu game night? ps3 or 360?

"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta, I am the instrument of your destruction!" - Gogeta

kazamino
Not-So-Newbie

Post by kazamino » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:08 pm

GogetaSSJ2 wrote:Yes I admit the game is fun still. It can get crazy fun with 8 people on the battlefield at once :lol:

What console did we all agree on for Kanzenshuu game night? ps3 or 360?
Not sure about everyone else, but with my personal friends... I've decided to do 360 just for the fact that I wanted a physical copy
In a world of approximately seven billion people, the irony is that wandering around... is the fastest way to get noticed

SparkyPantsMcGee
I Live Here

Post by SparkyPantsMcGee » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:38 pm

Can't say for sure, but it looks like the game will allow you to play the same modes offline with computers. I didn't see it with the demo, but it's just a demo so who knows. I can say that if you are in the middle of an online fight and a person leaves, the game will just swap his place with a computer opponent.
...Wait what are you doing? Are you still reading this? I finished what I had to say, why don't you move on to the next post?

Rukura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Rukura » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:05 am

Finally got around to playing it again last night (for the first time this year :P ). When it's smooth, it's really fun. When it's laggy, it's un-freaking-bearable.

Had a match where it was unbearable until the last 3 minutes, where it got really smooth. The following match was great, and we kept KO'ing the other team 1-by-1 with synchros for a good part of the match :D
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

SSJ6Goku
Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJ6Goku » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:02 pm

i heard the only offline cpu is the story mode. everything else is online

Rukura

Post by Rukura » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:24 pm

SSJ6Goku wrote:
From all their hype of being able to make your own dream team, I'll be VERY surprised if there isn't an offline battle vs cpu mode where you can put your Goku team versus a Boo team.
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

GogetaSSJ2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by GogetaSSJ2 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:27 am

Rukura wrote:
SSJ6Goku wrote:
From all their hype of being able to make your own dream team, I'll be VERY surprised if there isn't an offline battle vs cpu mode where you can put your Goku team versus a Boo team.
Yeah....you'll be able to make your own "dream team" by collaborating with 3 other people online and telling them who they're characters are going to be.

"Me: Ok so you're gonna be Jeice, and the other guy will be Burter, player 3 will be Recoome and I'll be Ginyu."

"Player 2: When are we gonna play with my dream team of multiple Krillins..."

"Me: NOT NOW! SOON!"

Rukura

Post by Rukura » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:29 am

That's exactly why I think it probably has an offline vs cpu move. Even if just for practise, if nothing else. I wouldn't put it past them, if they made the story mode out to be THAT, but there's only so many what-if teams they can come up with.

Oh, there's a new video up on the Dragon Ball Games/Namco Bandai Facebook page. Majin Boo (Mr Boo) turns Yamcha into chocolate.

jollyr
Beyond Newbie

Post by jollyr » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:46 pm

So I'd like to buy this game but can you transform as you're playing or do you have to pick it as a character? Like if I'm playing as Goku can I go Super Saiyan in the middle of the fight or is it if I pick base Goku I'm stuck as Base Goku?

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:02 am

jollyr wrote:So I'd like to buy this game but can you transform as you're playing or do you have to pick it as a character? Like if I'm playing as Goku can I go Super Saiyan in the middle of the fight or is it if I pick base Goku I'm stuck as Base Goku?
There's no in-game transformation, so you have to select which form you want and stick to it.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!