Does anyone else dislike Zenkai Power?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Does anyone else dislike Zenkai Power?

Post by WittyUsername » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:26 am

Seriously, I personally think that its an obnoxious song and that its too "cutesy" for it's own good. Does anyone else agree?
Last edited by WittyUsername on Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

baneofdemon22
Beyond Newbie

Re: Does anyone else dislike Zenkai Power?

Post by baneofdemon22 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:30 am

I agree. I always attempt to listen to it and then get 10 seconds in and go NOPE!

Looneygamemaster
Beyond Newbie

Post by Looneygamemaster » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:33 am

I agree that the song's too obnoxiously cutesy, but what I really dislike is the ending animation for it, which is boring. I know those sequences aren't supposed to be as exciting as openings (though Z hardly has a great opening either), but surely they could have come up with something more interesting.

jpdbzrulz4sure
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by jpdbzrulz4sure » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:34 am

I don't dislike it at all, but I do somewhat feel that it has overstayed its welcome after the Saiyan arc.
-Joey

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:36 am

I kind of agree though I don't actually dislike it but It's my 2nd least favorite ending theme song out of all the anime TV shows (1st being "Wings of the Heart").
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:38 am

Interestingly, I liked the song a lot more after I heard the full version of it the first time. Most of the DB songs follow the same structure: two verses with an instrumental bridge in the middle, and the first verse is what is used for the TV version. Well, I actually really like the middle of this song! And so while it's never been my favorite, I appreciate it much more now than when I only heard it on the show. :lol:
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 4/1/24!)
Current Episode: A Match Made in Hell - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 2

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:44 am

Gaffer Tape wrote:Interestingly, I liked the song a lot more after I heard the full version of it the first time. Most of the DB songs follow the same structure: two verses with an instrumental bridge in the middle, and the first verse is what is used for the TV version. Well, I actually really like the middle of this song! And so while it's never been my favorite, I appreciate it much more now than when I only heard it on the show. :lol:
Well I personally could never get into it. It has this really weird 'Teletubbies' vibe to it that feels really out of place following Goku becoming a Super Saiyan among other things.

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:47 am

Again, have you ever heard the full version of the song, and not just what's used as the ending?
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 4/1/24!)
Current Episode: A Match Made in Hell - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 2

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:49 am

Gaffer Tape wrote:Again, have you ever heard the full version of the song, and not just what's used as the ending?
:shock: No.

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:55 am

Don't know if you'd like it any better. The second verse follows the exact same structure as the first verse, but I just looooove that bridge. I'm not sure what kind of instrument it is. It sounds like some kind of woodwind (although probably synthesized), but it just makes me feel like I'm on some tropical island (in the '80s :lol: ), which is totally not what I was expecting from this song (except for the '80s part).

BlazingFiddlesticks
I Live Here

Post by BlazingFiddlesticks » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:07 am

Gaffer Tape wrote:Interestingly, I liked the song a lot more after I heard the full version of it the first time.
Will have to try this, as while I too am not big on Zenkai power, seeking out the full version did make me a bigger fan of Yeah Break Care Break. We'll see.
JulieYBM wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:Reading all the comments and interviews, my conclusion is: nobody knows what the hell is going on.
Just like Dragon Ball since Chapter #4.
son veku wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Kingdom Piccolo
Where is that located?
Canada

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:16 am

It grew on me the more I became familiar with the Japanese version of the show. It's just too cute for me to hate it.
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

Codarik
Advanced Regular

Post by Codarik » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:32 am

The song and its ending animation was great for the Saiyan arc, but when the Android/Cell arc came around the song didn't fit and the ending animation was outdated.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:38 am

It's not too bad, but it sure doesn't live up to I'll Give You Romance, or Yeah! Break! Care! Break!, though I'm also not too fond of the idol group's second Kai ending.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

DBZ Mick
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Mick » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:30 am

I think it's adorable with some cute lyrics.

Hungry naughty Kinto'un!
:D

Yesterday goes bye, bye, bye. Gohan!
:P
It is in his character to be rude and a bit crass. He's a hick, with no formal education. That is Son Goku. That is who he is.

Superman in an orange Gi was the bastard son of FUNimation. Its not The real character, it is as false as Chatku.

-DemonRin

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:48 am

Yeah, I really tried listening to it but only lasted a minute or so. Then I went back to Dan Dan.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:50 am

I hated it at first, but it grew on me once I started watching my Dragon Boxes. It's crazy, addictive, and the lyrics are so absurd that I do enjoy singing along to it occasionally... :shifty: I actually really like some of the animation in it as well, like Gohan waving in time with the "Bye-bye-bye" and him running in front of SD versions of Goku and Piccolo at the 23rd Tenkaichi Budokai (that's based on a title page, right?).

It's got nothing on We Were Angels, though. :D Or any of the GT endings, for that matter....the animation in those; so, so good. And the music. Oh, man. :thumbup:
Last edited by DragonBoxZTheMovies on Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:04 am

DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:It's got nothing on We Were Angels, though. :D Or any of the GT endings, for that matter....the animation in those; so, so good and the music. Oh, man. :thumbup:
I completely agree! :thumbup: Angels was great, and GTs endings were some of the best parts of GT. :lol:
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:14 am

It's not a great song, but it makes me feel very nostalgic.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:38 am

kei17 wrote:It's not a great song, but it makes me feel very nostalgic.
For some reason ZARD's cover of Dan Dan and FLOW's cover of CHA LA are the ones that really get me feeling nostalgic.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]