DBZ Season 1 in HD Free on Xbox One

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

samuraix123
I Live Here

DBZ Season 1 in HD Free on Xbox One

Post by samuraix123 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:44 am

Hello Everyone! I just felt like sharing that Dragonball Z season 1 in HD is available free on Xbox One
US
https://video.xbox.com/#FeaturedList/fh ... sonandsale

Canada
https://video.xbox.com/#TVSeason/d16c24 ... e98ecc2dd4
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Re: DBZ Season 1 in HD Free on Xbox One

Post by dbboxkaifan » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:49 am

Wait.. Xbox One.. only? No Xbox 360?

Way to alienate their own customers. :|

I'd love to have those free 1080p/4x3 HD even though they're locked to US without a proxy of some kind.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:05 am

They're not really alienating their own customers. Whoever has an X-Box 360, has one. But X-Box One is the new kid on the block and wants to promote unique features. Nothing wrong with that. I have a PS4 and knowing what it costs and what it took to get one this year, yeah, I expect content on it that you can't get on PS3.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:18 am

TheGreatness25 wrote:They're not really alienating their own customers. Whoever has an Xbox 360, has one. But Xbox One is the new kid on the block and wants to promote unique features. Nothing wrong with that. I have a PS4 and knowing what it costs and what it took to get one this year, yeah, I expect content on it that you can't get on PS3.
Most people who own an Xbox 360 decided to go with PS4 or are going to because Xbox One was a huge disappointment, so they should try to maintain the 360 customers that they still have left before losing them to PlayStation completely.

PS2 won the 6th gen, 360 the 7th gen and PS4 the 8th gen.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

SupremeSSJ
Beyond Newbie

Post by SupremeSSJ » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:31 am

its on the 360 to. just turned my 360 on and its on the home screen.

Kuwabara
Regular

Post by Kuwabara » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:21 pm

So is it still in 4:3?
dbboxkaifan wrote:PS2 won the 6th gen, 360 the 7th gen and PS4 the 8th gen.
Damn, the PS4 hasn't even been out for half a year yet and it's already won? Give me a break! :lol:
This is the episode of when Gokuh enrages himself after Freezer talk shit about Kuririn

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:45 pm

Kuwabara wrote:So is it still in 4:3?
Yep!

I'm downloading them as we speak (001-030 can't add the other 9 to the download list). Each episode is around 1.70 GB to 1.80 GB large.

Here's a pic I took with a Sony 1080 camera:

You can see it's very grainy even though it wasn't a direct capture (wish I had an ElGato to capture this).
Kuwabara wrote:Damn, the PS4 hasn't even been out for half a year yet and it's already won? Give me a break! :lol:
PlayStation is better suited for gaming (+ superior exclusives) than XO, has less issues and doesn't have a paywall on everything, also PS Plus makes paying a subscription worthwhile.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:12 pm

Lol Nobody's going to be buying any 360s just because of this, so why should they care? Besides, I have a PS4 and don't see how it could be "better." It really only plays games. It's not very good with other media. X-Box One plays games...so I don't know how anyone could say one is better than the other.

It used to be, "Sega is better, it has Sonic!" "No, Nintendo is better, it has Mario!" Today, 95% of the games are the same. So the argument really now is preference. I got a PS4 because I always preferred the PS controller, I have a PS Plus subscription, I like the PS layout. Those who always liked 360 more can't make those arguments, so what are the standards for determining which system is better? The PS4 plays games. Doesn't recognize USB, doesn't play CDs, the Blu-ray player is annoying because when pausing/FF/Rew, it puts up a giant picture of the Blu-ray, which is annoying. The streaming thing is boring. I love it, but I love the games, layout, controller, etc. I see no real explainable way in which it's "better" than an X-Box One. It's preference and I don't get how someone who preferred 360 can change their preference so easily. And this is spoken by a PS4 owner who has zero intent on getting an X-Box One.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:24 pm

TheGreatness25 wrote:Nobody's going to be buying any 360s just because of this, so why should they care?
It's good to know for Xbox users.
TheGreatness25 wrote:Besides, I have a PS4 and don't see how it could be "better." It really only plays games. It's not very good with other media. X-Box One plays games...so I don't know how anyone could say one is better than the other.
Well, you know, that's what game consoles are supposed to do. Play games, not be a media box like Xbox One.

I would respond to why Xbox 360 owners preferred to go with PS4 than XO, but that should be obvious with any research.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:31 pm

Can we please keep the console war nonsense out of here? I get enough of that on Gamefaqs.

To OP, thanks for the info. My roommate's downloading it right now :thumbup:
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Fizzer
Advanced Regular

Post by Fizzer » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:39 pm

So its the Levels restoration?

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:42 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:Can we please keep the console war nonsense out of here? I get enough of that on Gamefaqs.
It's not about childish console wars, just the mere fact of which is the better console overall.
Fizzer wrote:So its the Levels restoration?
Yeah, it is.

They still haven't updated to the new 16x9 HD episodes so it's a good thing they made this free for everyone (in US & CA).
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:45 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:just the mere fact of which is the better console overall.
That's a matter of opinion, not fact. Not to mention, it's off-topic.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:04 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:
Fizzer wrote:So its the Levels restoration?
Yeah, it is.

They still haven't updated to the new 16x9 HD episodes so it's a good thing they made this free for everyone (in US & CA).
Wow, this changes everything if it really is true.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:17 pm

do i need an xbox account to get these on my pc?

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:19 pm

These are the same episodes available on PSN only for free, then? Huh. How high is the episode count? 40?
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:07 pm

Big Momma wrote:Wow, this changes everything if it really is true.
Well, isn't that Raditz screen proof enough?
eledoremassis02 wrote:do i need an xbox account to get these on my pc?
You'd need an Xbox 360 / ONE but without it these episodes are sort of useless because they have DRM, but if you know how to remove it then they're watchable anywhere, or by using VPN/proxy.
bkev wrote:These are the same episodes available on PSN only for free, then? Huh. How high is the episode count? 40?

001-039 episodes should be about 66GB-ish in total.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Patrick
Beyond Newbie

Post by Patrick » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:43 pm

It's on the 360 too? I might just have to grab the damn thing from my grandpa's house now.
Zephyr wrote:Toriyama's not breaking into everyone's homes and editing your copy of the manga with a pen to include Goku's mom and this "blasphemous" information about her.

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:02 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:Can we please keep the console war nonsense out of here? I get enough of that on Gamefaqs.

To OP, thanks for the info. My roommate's downloading it right now :thumbup:
That's 1 thing I absolutely hate about Gamefaqs. you can't ask a question or anything without either getting a smart ass remark, or trolled. lol so I stopped going to it. I'm glad we don't have to worry about it here.
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:30 pm

There's no need for a console war. The PS4's hardware is objectively better by a relatively large margin. I won't get into technical details, it's mostly aimless and the proof is in the games that have released already. It's the reason you're seeing games like Ground Zeroes running at 1080p 60fps with the Xbone counterpart running at 720p 60fps. There's many other examples that adhere to this pattern too.

It doesn't matter though. You're going to buy a console based on your needs. Perhaps you like the media-centric features of the Xbox One and its exclusives or maybe you're into Sony's ones and their back upcoming back catalogue via Gaikai.

I game on PC, I find the whole pricing debacle and brand favourtism absurd. $100 extra dollars for inferior hardware, that's crazy talk to me but at the same time, I totally understand the aforementioned different needs.

I don't think much more needs to be said.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.