What if Goku didn't join the 25th Tenkaichi Budokai?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

What if Goku didn't join the 25th Tenkaichi Budokai?

Post by dbzfan7 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:25 am

Or in other words, what if Goku didn't come back to earth on that day. I think Vegeta and Gohan, but mainly Vegeta would have put a stop to Boo before he was brought back.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Re: What if Goku didn't join the 25th Tenkaichi Budokai?

Post by Kid Buu » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:30 am

Vegeta kills Dabura.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:50 am

Kid Buu wrote:Vegeta kills Dabura.
I think Vegeta may just end up fighting all of them.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:09 am

Yes a Battle Royale(incidentally it's first now I realize why that game is called Zenkai Battle Royale) with Vegeta vs. anyone who stands in his way.
Vegeta would win of course without taking any damage to boot and Majin Buu wouldn't even be revived.
Or maybe he would, Vegeta might crave a proper challenge now, that he can't fight Goku and Gohan is pathetic. So maybe, but yeah otherwise Vegeta just kills them all.

Super Vegetto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Super Vegetto » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:38 am

Gohan/Vegeta/Kaioshin enter the ship. Kill Pui Pui and Yakkon. Vegeta kills Dabura or Gohan transforms in SSJ2 and kills Dabura. Babidi is also killed and Majin Boo is sealed for eternity.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:25 am

Goku was the reason why Vegeta became Majin Vegeta. Without Goku, Buu would never be hatched. I think AT would have Piccolo fight Yakon instead having him be turn into stone. In BOG, they would be screw by Beerus.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:42 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:Goku was the reason why Vegeta became Majin Vegeta. Without Goku, Buu would never be hatched. I think AT would have Piccolo fight Yakon instead having him be turn into stone. In BOG, they would be screw by Beerus.
I wouldn't be to sure. It was Boo who pissed off Beerus, if Boo isn't there to annoy him, then he may have left peacefully.

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:57 pm

If we keep this purely in-universe, then only Gohan and Vegeta would have entered (since Piccolo was deemed too weak).
I doubt that Vegeta would have let Gohan fight. Even so, Vegeta would probably have fought Dabra himself.
Gohan would have gotten his energy sucked out, as there is no reason for the fight to go the same way.

The fights would be (if they used the Janken and Vegeta respected that it was Gohan's turn):

a)

- Puipui - Vegeta (Insta-kill)
- Yakon - Gohan (as with Goku, he would probably use SSJ2 or something similar)
- Dabra - Vegeta (Dabra is easily defeated)

or

b)

- Puipui - Gohan (Insta-defeat)
- Yakon - Vegeta (as with Goku, he would probably use SSJ2 or something similar)
- Dabra - Gohan (The same as in the original storyline)

In both options Buu is never hatched, Babidi is killed by Vegeta (before he releases Buu) or Buu is released with half-power (and is subsequently defeated by Vegeta and Gohan). Peace on Earth.

Another scenario could be that Vegeta is taken over by Babidi against his will. In this case, either he fights Gohan and fills the meter up, the story proceeds as usual. Buu survives Vegeta's sacrifice, Trunks is intercepted by Babidi and Buu and is killed (no Goku to stall him). Buu kills Babidi and befriends Mr. Satan. Fat Buu becomes Super Buu. Gohan trains in the Kaioshin realm.
Now we have several outcomes:
a) Vegeta returns on his one day, and fights Super Buu, but is beaten badly. Ultimate Gohan arrives and fights Super Buu. Super Buu absorbes Vegeta, but still hasn't got the advantage and loses.
b) Vegeta returns on his one day, and fights Super Buu, but is still beaten badly. Ultimate Gohan arrives and fights Super Buu. Super Buu absorbes Gohan. Everyone dies.

In any of the options, Goku could arrive on his one day anytime, so in that case, we have Vegetto and they will eventually prevail in their fight (although it's not as much fun that way).

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:45 pm

In both options Buu is never hatched, Babidi is killed by Vegeta (before he releases Buu) or Buu is released with half-power (and is subsequently defeated by Vegeta and Gohan). Peace on Earth.
Kaioshin stated that half-power Buu would still slaughter them all, which would match with how powerful fatso was portrayed to be later. Everyone dies here if they go with Vegeta's plan.
In any of the options, Goku could arrive on his one day anytime, so in that case, we have Vegetto and they will eventually prevail in their fight (although it's not as much fun that way).
No Vegetto. Super Buu would have already killed or more likely absorbed Vegeta.

You're also not considering the more likely outcome in that case: with no Gotenks to stall him, Buu just blows up the Earth and goes on to continue his reign of terror across the universe with no one who can even think about contesting him.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:36 pm

Buu hatch because of Goku and Vegeta. Without Goku, Vegeta would never go Majin and everyone would have a happy life afterwards. Maybe Beerus would not destroy the Earth unless someone pisses him off. If you want to throw in GT then Bebi would take over the Earth since no one would be strong enough to stop him.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:14 am

RandomGuy96 wrote: Kaioshin stated that half-power Buu would still slaughter them all, which would match with how powerful fatso was portrayed to be later. Everyone dies here if they go with Vegeta's plan.
Good point, missed that. One could argue that he was using half his power initially against Majn Vegeta as well, until he got mad in the fight.
RandomGuy96 wrote: No Vegetto. Super Buu would have already killed or more likely absorbed Vegeta.
Vegeta getting killed at pretty much any time is given, yes.
And also, when I reconsider this, for Vegetto to exist, Goku has to reach the Kaioshin realm, and this means that he would have to know that Gohan is there, even if he is in the afterlife.
So there is a high likelihood that Goku won't make it in time.
RandomGuy96 wrote: You're also not considering the more likely outcome in that case: with no Gotenks to stall him, Buu just blows up the Earth and goes on to continue his reign of terror across the universe with no one who can even think about contesting him.
Quite true.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:14 am

Vegeta is the guy that let Cell reach his perfect form. I wouldn't be so sure that he would prevent Buu's release.

Blade
I Live Here
Location: Contrary to popular belief, not on Kanzenshuu forums.

Post by Blade » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:33 am

Marco Polo wrote:Vegeta is the guy that let Cell reach his perfect form. I wouldn't be so sure that he would prevent Buu's release.
I agree.

In my head it plays out a little bit like this:

//Fanfic
'Multiculturalism means nothing in Japan, for every outside culture must pass first through the Japanese filter, rendering it entirely Japanese in the process.' - Julian Cope.