DBZ Season 1 in HD Free on Xbox One

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Re: DBZ Season 1 in HD Free on Xbox One

Post by dbboxkaifan » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:41 pm

AjayLikesGaming wrote:Perhaps you like the media-centric features of the Xbox One and its exclusives or maybe you're into Sony's ones and their back upcoming back catalogue via Gaikai.
Spending $500 on Xbox One for the intention of being the home's media centre is just a waste of money because that thing can't even play Matroska files which a cheap ass TV-TDT box does. Gaikai is a great idea but paying for what I already own? No thanks.

Anyhow, if someone here knows of a method that works to remove the DRM from these episodes please let me know.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

JackyBoi99
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by JackyBoi99 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:43 pm

Are these episodes available on xbox one Australia by any chance?
It is clear that sometime in Mark Satan's life, he acquired the dragon balls and called upon shenlong to grant him immortality.

98% of Kanzenshuu-goers have not kissed a girl. If you're one of the 2% that has, copy and paste this into your signature.
- Kid Buu

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:04 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:
AjayLikesGaming wrote:Perhaps you like the media-centric features of the Xbox One and its exclusives or maybe you're into Sony's ones and their back upcoming back catalogue via Gaikai.
Spending $500 on Xbox One for the intention of being the home's media centre is just a waste of money because that thing can't even play Matroska files which a cheap ass TV-TDT box does. Gaikai is a great idea but paying for what I already own? No thanks.

Anyhow, if someone here knows of a method that works to remove the DRM from these episodes please let me know.
Haha, oh yeah, it's absolutely mind boggling but I was just trying to keep the peace with the whole different strokes, different folks argument.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:24 pm

JackyBoi99 wrote:Are these episodes available on xbox one Australia by any chance?
It seems to be an exclusive offer for US & CA, but you can get these too by asking someone of the forum to download them for you. The downside is that it requires a US IP in order to enable the view feature.

Never thought I'd get Dragon Ball Z Level 1.1, 1.2 and 2.1 (ish) for free. Sweet.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:37 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:Wait.. Xbox One.. only? No Xbox 360?

Way to alienate their own customers. :|

I'd love to have those free 1080p/4x3 HD even though they're locked to US without a proxy of some kind.
It's been shown by this point that the episodes are available for 360 as well, but if that weren't the case it wouldn't be alienation as much as it would be incentive to upgrade. How strong that incentive is would be up to you as a DBZ fan.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:03 pm

SamuraiX confirmed that the eps are also on the 360 and since then I've been leeching all of them to my 360's HDD.

Remove the DRM, add Japanese audio (not sure if it needs to be re-sync though no prob) + English subs to the MKV container and it's done. The tough part is the DRM removal, the rest's pretty easy.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:37 pm

Dang! I dont got an xbox, but I would love to get the rest of the level episodes (2.1 episodes)

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:58 am

Is it possible to download these, then put them on a pc and play them? Also, do they look close to the level sets, or possibly just upscales of some dvds? Edit: read that they're for the US and Canada. If that so, could anyone download them for me, since I'm living in Norway ^^?
dbboxkaifan wrote:
Kuwabara wrote:So is it still in 4:3?
Yep!

I'm downloading them as we speak (001-030 can't add the other 9 to the download list). Each episode is around 1.70 GB to 1.80 GB large.

Here's a pic I took with a Sony 1080 camera:

You can see it's very grainy even though it wasn't a direct capture (wish I had an ElGato to capture this).
Kuwabara wrote:Damn, the PS4 hasn't even been out for half a year yet and it's already won? Give me a break! :lol:
PlayStation is better suited for gaming (+ superior exclusives) than XO, has less issues and doesn't have a paywall on everything, also PS Plus makes paying a subscription worthwhile.

Codarik
Advanced Regular

Post by Codarik » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:01 am

Welp, this is the 1st time I've been glad to choose Xbox One over PS4. I'm still regretting going with XBO.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:35 am

They don't look close, their source are the Level episodes.

No, these episodes don't work on a PC just by transferring to them (via a 360, XO can't) due to the DRM restriction.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Krycek7o2
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Krycek7o2 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:20 pm

As long as you have a MS Account, you can "buy" the season. I did it last night without turning on my 360. I just clicked on the link and bought them, logged in with my info and I could watched them on my computer.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:50 pm

Krycek7o2 wrote:As long as you have a MS Account, you can "buy" the season. I did it last night without turning on my 360. I just clicked on the link and bought them, logged in with my info and I could watched them on my computer.
But to physically download them than stream you'd possibly still need an Xbox to do that.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:39 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:
Big Momma wrote:Wow, this changes everything if it really is true.
Well, isn't that Raditz screen proof enough?

I didn't see that until after I had posted. For some reason the image didn't load.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:30 pm

MediaCoder unfortunately didn't magically make the episodes watchable but it showed up some scrambled video footage and technical info:
"Encryption: Encrypted" if this gets decrypted we'd have the entire Saiyan arc in 1080/4x3 with Japanese audio & English subs (additionally). I'd love that to happen.

By the way, the "file size: 10 MB" is one of the 179 files, the first one that leads the way to the rest.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray