Character Spin-offs?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MyVisionity
Banned

Character Spin-offs?

Post by MyVisionity » Mon Mar 29, 2004 8:27 pm

I recently read a post about what would happen if Freeza had his own spin-off series, and thought what kind of serious Dragonball spinoffs could there actually be? I was thinking of maybe a series focusing on the adventures of Tenshinhan and Chaotzu as they travel the world, atoning for past sins etc. Or maybe a series that would take place in the Otherworld with all new characters except for some familiar faces like Enma Daiou or the Kais. What do you think?

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:49 pm

Dragonball spin-off = DBGT. :D
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

tablet the eunuch
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by tablet the eunuch » Mon Mar 29, 2004 10:25 pm

They get enough screentime throughout the series. I'd dare say that Tien and Chaotsu atoned for any "sins" by being blown up and killed in Season 1 of DBZ

SpiritBomb
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SpiritBomb » Mon Mar 29, 2004 10:50 pm

Ooooh! The possibilities!

Like, maybe what happened BEFORE 17# and 18# were in the series! you could show them as humains, make it as if Dr.Gero was hunting them down for years to get them as his androids! Make it like they always had certain powers, and it was weird growing up with it.

Then you have Future Trunks but they made a special out of that called The History Of Trunks..still, i love him so much! Maybe when he comes back and suddenly starts seeing a lot of people coming back to life cause of what he did to the past, and then his life with the Z-Warriors in the future! So, it would be better than GT cause you would still have all the characters! Then again, some would be older though,like Bulma...making new characters! Like Bra and Pan! They would be much older and maybe Trunks will have a kid...*gasps* PAN! HIS WIFE! *laughs histerically*

I dont know what people were thinking about having one with Frieza! Maybe the determination of weather he's a guy or a girl lol! My friend made a site and in his humour section he shows top 10 reasons why he thinks Frieza is gay. http://www.silverneo.vze.com/

I cant think of any other good ones now...

Well, bye!
Some day, you'll be wishing for today.

http://gogocookiedough.blogspot.com/

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Mon Mar 29, 2004 10:53 pm

Hey Jersey, our Freeza spinoff is actually being considered for things!

...I like Otherworld idea you mentioned a great deal. I'd love to know more about the Kais... especially Kaioshins. Another good one would be on Vegeta with completely original characters, maybe put Bardock in there too. I just love the pure Saiyan characters.

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:00 pm

SpiritBomb: I totally forgot about the jinzoningen! Good thinking. As for your friend's site... well, I'm just not going to say anything. :?

Gen- I mean tablet: I have to admit, you've got a hilarious new theme. I just don't want to get warned for mentioning things about DBZOA, so I'll just leave it at that.

tablet the eunuch
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by tablet the eunuch » Tue Mar 30, 2004 12:19 am

Zackarotto wrote: Gen- I mean tablet: I have to admit, you've got a hilarious new theme. I just don't want to get warned for mentioning things about DBZOA, so I'll just leave it at that.
I would love if VegettoEX was as cool (if not cooler) than Mike Toole of http://www.animejump.com and made my custom title Gen Fukunaga *wink wink nudge nudge*. Speaking of which, more developed on it, but I will not say it here casue that's rude and junk.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Tue Mar 30, 2004 5:21 am

Zackarotto wrote:Hey Jersey, our Freeza spinoff is actually being considered for things!
I know I can't believe this! I also like the idea about the Otherworld. It would be great to see adventures about the four Kaioshins and the original Dai Kaioshin. I thought from the few little scenes that showed then living in the Otherworld before Buu came along, made them look like a really funny and kooky bunch! I think it would make for a fun spinoff. :D

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Tue Mar 30, 2004 9:05 am

The 4 Kaioshins'd be kicking the shit out of each other at otherworld tourneys (with the southern as the Tenshinhan-esque a la budoukai guy of course) until the Dai Kaioshin unites them. It could be a big ongoing battle between them and Dabra's twits before peace was brought to the universe. Then Dabra+co get banished to the realm of demons or wherever they are and there'd be a nice 50 min tv special where Bibidi, the strongest magician and only goon to escape the exile, creates Majin Boo and we see all the Kaioshins go byebye.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Tue Mar 30, 2004 9:50 am

Ohohoho! I love it! Punch out the script right now Dayspring and send it to TOEI ASAP!! :D

Dai
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dai » Tue Mar 30, 2004 3:09 pm

I always kind of tinkered with the idea of a spinoff about Kame Sen' nin... What made him become a martial artist, what his (oh so strange) family would be like, how he came to train under Mutaito, his friendship and later rivalry with Tsuru Sen' nin, etcetera.... Because you gotta admit, even though he is one of the longest running characters in the entire series, his past is pretty much shrouded in mist. Then the series would go on also telling about the lives of Gohan, the Ox Demon, and others... For once again, their pasts are hardly even known.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Wed Mar 31, 2004 9:31 am

I always fealt Kame-sennin stuff would end up feeling too early DB-style. The Ox King and Gohan training would be a repeat of Krillin+Goku's so there wouldn't be too much new stuff. All we'd know is that it'd be longer training since they weren't as skilled/strong as Goku+Krillin when they started. Although it would be interesting to see the Mutaito+Tsuru-sennin stuff, another Piccolo Daimao saga ending w/Mutaito+Mafuba, seeing Kame-sennin gain immortality (phoenix) and fight his sister's goons for some reason (as he already knew about the 5 fighters in DB). It could also be that when Kame-senin won the budoukai, maybe in the semi-finals he defeated Gohan who then followed him around going "Please train me! Please train me! Please train me!" like some puppy, annoying the bejeezus outta Kame until he gives in. I'm so full of ideas. Shame I'm lazy, this'd be a great fanfic/fanmanga/spinoff anime.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Wed Mar 31, 2004 9:38 am

Heh. I'd like to actually see a scene of that phoenix of his dying of food poisoning. It would be a great comedic moment. :D
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Wed Mar 31, 2004 9:47 am

How bad is Kame-Senin's cooking that he can poison an immortal to death? :P
The REAL reason why he had Lunch "train" with them! Because a schizo-woman's place is in the kitchen, biotch!

And then replaced her w/Krillin. That's why Goku went out to acquire experience whereas Krillin stayed w/Roshi.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Wed Mar 31, 2004 9:52 am

Ya but has anyone ever seen Kuririn actually cooking? Although you might be onto something. Remember in the Android saga when Tenshinhan left Chiaotzu at Kame House and he cooked and made that really delicious ramen. Kamesennin and Oolong were practically begging him to stay there and live with them so they could enjoy his cooking. Kamesennin:the Great Turtle Master and the Great Lazy, Freeloading Deadbeat. 8)

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:03 am

Yeah...and why the hell is Oolong there at all? Like LOG2's turtle says, "For a hermit, Master Roshi really seems to have a lot of friends!"

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Wed Mar 31, 2004 5:17 pm

That's because Oolong's a deadbeat mooch too. :mrgreen: Ever notice in all of DB and DBZ, except for when they first meet, he never has a place of his own? He's always either over at Buruma's or Kamesennin's place. Puar's there quite a bit too, but only because he follows Yamucha around. At least he isn't around when Yamucha's not! What's really funny about Oolong is that Buruma's always treating him like dirt, especially in DB, but he stills hangs around. How much of a mooch do you have to be that you're willing to put up with that? :?

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Wed Mar 31, 2004 6:55 pm

Didn't he scam himself a palace in DB, before following Goku and Bulma?

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Wed Mar 31, 2004 7:09 pm

Yep. Remember then he had all those girls too because they thought he was a big monster. Even though he ended up catering to them! 8)

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Wed Mar 31, 2004 7:12 pm

Oh! I'm sorry Jersey-sama, I didn't catch that "except for when they first meet" part. I'm quite the fool, you see.