Broly's Power?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

xmysticgohanx
Regular

Broly's Power?

Post by xmysticgohanx » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:18 am

How strong do you guys have Movie 8 and Movie 10 Broly? I have Movie 10 Broly = SPC I can easily be persuaded otherwise though.

P.S. Not as important as the other question but how strong would a Movie 10 LSSJ3 Broly be like in RB2? Maybe 2x Kid Buu level?
Last edited by xmysticgohanx on Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Canon is Jaco, Dragon Ball except for EoZ, Dragon Ball Super anime and manga (both are separate canons)
Kai >>> Z
Current Roshi/Kulilin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SSJ3 Gotenks

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Broly's Power?

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:06 am

Movie 8: Weaker than SSJ1 Goku and the combined ki of injured and beaten up Piccolo, SSJ1 Trunks, Gohan, and Vegeta.
Movie 10: Not strong enough to kill Videl in one hit.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:41 am

Movie 8: Weaker than full power Perfect Cell
Movie 10: about as strong as Super Perfect Cell
Stupid what-if video game form- still weaker than SS3 Goku
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

chaospunishment
Beyond Newbie

Post by chaospunishment » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:45 am

Weaker than Super Saiyan Cell Games Gohan. broly does nothing impressive in movie 8 Cell Jr's do the same thing to stronger versions of the same people.

Beat by 2 half dead regular Super Saiyans. Can't kill Videl. Overpowered by SS2 Gohan more than once by breaking his grabs. Just below Super Perfect Cell.

In RB2 they think that (Based off Melee damage)

Super Vegito = Buu (Gohan) = Ultimate Gohan

Ultimate Gohan > Buu (Gotenks)

Metal Cooler = SS3 Goku = Hatchiyack

Super Perfect Cell > Super Buu

Final Form Cooler = Super 13 = broly

So it could end up being weaker than Saibaman, which would be accurate.

Gokuden
Regular

Post by Gokuden » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:26 am

If by some means Broly came back as a LSSJ3, it would be as a raging dream in otherworld in the HFIL.
Or, it could be a memory that evolves into something else, such as a LSSJ3 Broly.

LSSJ3 Broly would have an infinite amount of energy based on the multipliers theory, that would land everyone in a pickle if they haven't fused.

That said, I think Vegeto (Base) would absolutely mop the floor with his head, and SSJ3 Gotenks would be slightly stronger, or at least equal to him in terms of power.

Gohan would absolutely ROLFSTOMP him as an UTM GOHAN.

By introducing the fusion technique, I understand that there is no more room to be scared of the LSSJ, the same thing applies to the mysticism of the Elder elder elder elder etc. Kaioshin Pervert man.

I'm pretty sure Vegeta's SSJ3 would be equal to Broly's though, maybe not an infinite abyss of power, but equally as potent. If the fight dragged out, it will look grim for the Saiyan Prince. But I doubt the fight will be long, since Vegeta with his brain, and power, will finally be able to show his master stratedginess, and he has fought Broly before.

The only missing piece is whether or not Broly gets something similar to Zenkai just by fighting alone. Which would explain why he thinks he is getting stronger every 2 minutes or so, and has to expel some ki, maybe just infinite ki?
Last edited by Gokuden on Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
That time your teacher asked you to draw Cell in biology class.
This man is my hero:
To be perfectly honest, I couldn't care less about the fans a re-issue might alienate because if all they're concerned about is being able to scalp the people who were either unaware of the Dragon Boxes or couldn't afford them at the time, they're just leeches and deserve to have their greed backfire on them.

SSJ4_Zankuto
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJ4_Zankuto » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:05 am

Legendary Super Saiya-jin Broly from the eighth movie is probably somewhere between Perfect Cell (Suppressed) and the full-powered Perfect Cell at best. Then he returned in the tenth movie stronger than the last time through the near-death power up to give Super Saiya-jin 2 Gohan a run for his money. As for Bio-Broly in the eleventh movie is unknown.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:14 am

Gokuden wrote:If by some means Broly came back as a LSSJ3, it would be as a raging dream in otherworld in the HFIL.
Or, it could be a memory that evolves into something else, such as a LSSJ3 Broly.

LSSJ3 Broly would have an infinite amount of energy based on the multipliers theory, that would land everyone in a pickle if they haven't fused.

That said, I think Vegeto (Base) would absolutely mop the floor with his head, and SSJ3 Gotenks would be slightly stronger, or at least equal to him in terms of power.

By introducing the fusion technique, I understand that there is no more room to be scared of the LSSJ, the same thing applies to the mysticism of the Elder elder elder elder etc. Kaioshin Pervert man.

I'm pretty sure Vegeta's SSJ3 would be equal to Broly's though, maybe not an infinite abyss of power, but equally as potent. If the fight dragged out, it will look grim for the Saiyan Prince. But I doubt the fight will be long, since Vegeta with his brain, and power, will finally be able to show his master stratedginess, and he has fought Broly before.

The only missing piece is whether or not Broly gets something similar to Zenkai just by fighting alone. Which would explain why he thinks he is getting stronger every 2 minutes or so, and has to expel some ki, maybe just infinite ki?
Punch Broly in the gut.

Dead.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

The Monkey King
Advanced Regular

Post by The Monkey King » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:58 am

Movie 8 - Between Perfect Cell and Super Perfect Cell
Movie 10 - Majin Vegeta/SSJ2 Goku.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:40 am

The Monkey King wrote:Movie 8 - Between Perfect Cell and Super Perfect Cell
This is pretty much what I think. Except I have him just a bit stronger than SSJ2 Goku and Vegeta, to go along with the writer saying that he is "the strongest Saiyan." Nowhere near approaching SSJ3 strength, though.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Post by Vijay » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:09 am

Personal opinion:

Movie 8 LSSJ Broly = SSJ2 Kid Gohan

Movie 10 LSSJBroly > SSJ3 Goku

Broly has never show his "true" extent of power, which has always been the problem.

Movie 8 LSSJ Broly has always been compared to Perfect Cell or SPC. Any piece of solid evidence?

LSSJ Broly took Kamehameha frm Goku at point-blank (which freaked Cell even as he was charging) as a joke.

LSSJ Broly easily crushed ASSJ/USSJ Vegeta. Just as what Perfect Cell did.

Perhaps this makes Movie 8 Broly as comparable to Perfect Cell. I doubt it.

Broly's constant ki replenishment is a point noteworthy. He hardly takes any damage (except TOEI's punch aka Goku Punch which is BS) even with 4 Saiyans combined attacks.

xmysticgohanx
Regular

Post by xmysticgohanx » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:21 am

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
This is pretty much what I think. Except I have him just a bit stronger than SSJ2 Goku and Vegeta, to go along with the writer saying that he is "the strongest Saiyan." Nowhere near approaching SSJ3 strength, though.
Was Goku even an SSJ2 at the time?

Btw I changed my prediction of LSSJ3's power to 2x Kid Buu because that's way closer to 8x SPC than Super Buu and especially Buutenks. TBH I have no idea what I was thinking :roll:
Canon is Jaco, Dragon Ball except for EoZ, Dragon Ball Super anime and manga (both are separate canons)
Kai >>> Z

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:25 am

Movie 8: Almost as strong as SS Goku (Cell Games), quite a bit stronger than a Cell Jr.
Movie 10: Quite a bit stronger than SS2 Gohan (Boo Arc), weaker than SS2 Vegeta (Pre-Majin).

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:46 am

xmysticgohanx wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Was Goku even an SSJ2 at the time?

Btw I changed my prediction of LSSJ3's power to 2x Kid Buu because that's way closer to 8x SPC than Super Buu and especially Buutenks. TBH I have no idea what I was thinking :roll:
I dunno. Don't particularly care either. Broly is shown to be a lot stronger than Gohan, and I don't have there being a huge difference between SSJ2 Goku and SSJ2 Gohan, so Broly ends up a bit stronger than Goku and Vegeta.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:42 am

Actually, let's just go by the movies:

Movie 8: weaker than Grade II Vegeta and Trunks, Piccolo, a massively nerfed SS Gohan, and pre-CG SS Goku added together. Does nothing a Cell Junior couldn't have done. Dies in one punch.

Movie 10: weaker than or equal to SS2 Gohan and SS Goten's powers added together (which is likely at around SS2 Goku's regular strength). Has trouble with someone explicitly called a pathetic weakling by pre-Majin Vegeta. Has his blast overpowered by Gohan and Goten's combined Kamehameha after Gohan turns SS2, and gets pierced right through the moment it makes contact, with his barrier doing nothing to save him.

Movie 11: weaker than water. Is nearly defeated by just SS Goten and Trunks alone. Finally defeated by Mister Satan.
Last edited by RandomGuy96 on Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Gokuden
Regular

Post by Gokuden » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:14 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:
Gokuden wrote:If by some means Broly came back as a LSSJ3, it would be as a raging dream in otherworld in the HFIL.

Punch Broly in the gut.

Dead.
Maybe that's how Toei came up with SSJG.
Bio-Broly was a chinese knock-off, I wonder who they used for the eggs.
That time your teacher asked you to draw Cell in biology class.
This man is my hero:
To be perfectly honest, I couldn't care less about the fans a re-issue might alienate because if all they're concerned about is being able to scalp the people who were either unaware of the Dragon Boxes or couldn't afford them at the time, they're just leeches and deserve to have their greed backfire on them.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:08 pm

Movie 8: equal to Perfect Cell.
Movie 10: Stronger than Super Perfect Cell, but weaker than SSJ2 Kid Gohan

OWmyDragonBallz
Regular

Post by OWmyDragonBallz » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:30 pm

I have M8 Broli anywhere between SSJ Trunks grades 1, 2, or 3 to suppressed Perfect Cell at best, only without the speed sacrifice. I like to think of M10 Broli being what Gohan would have became if he had continued to train or at least polished his ki. But at the end of M11, Kaio tells Goku to go down to hell to take care of Broli which that alone implies that SSJ2 Goku is enough to defeat him seeing as how SSJ3 Goku was far from introduced yet.
M12 deeply implies that SSJ2 Goku would give Broli a hard time when even Fat Janemba is stated to be stronger than Broli who SSJ3 Goku dominated in seconds.

I don't know how people come to the conclusion that Broli is stronger than SSJ3 when he was defeated by a low SSJ2 tier and his family.

xmysticgohanx
Regular

Post by xmysticgohanx » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:11 pm

OWmyDragonBallz wrote:I don't know how people come to the conclusion that Broli is stronger than SSJ3 when he was defeated by a low SSJ2 tier and his family.
Some people think Broly > Beerus. I have no idea how anyone can come up with such a conclusion :crazy:
Kai >>> Z

OWmyDragonBallz
Regular

Post by OWmyDragonBallz » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:25 pm

xmysticgohanx wrote:
OWmyDragonBallz wrote:I don't know how people come to the conclusion that Broli is stronger than SSJ3 when he was defeated by a low SSJ2 tier and his family.
Some people think Broly > Beerus. I have no idea how anyone can come up with such a conclusion :crazy:
With that logic, then SSJ3 Goku would have curbstomped Beerus.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:44 am

• Movie 8 - Around as strong as Perfect Cell when he first appeared.
  • Movie 10 - Stronger than Super Perfect Cell, and any Super Saiyan 2, but far below Super Saiyan 3 Goku. SS2 Goku would need Paikuhan's help to beat him (implied in M11).
  • What-If: Super Saiyan 3 - Stronger than SS3 Goku. SS3 Goku & SS3 Vegeta can beat him if they team up though.
  • Movie 11 - Bio-Broli is as strong as Broli before he died.
  • Video Games - Close in power with SS Gogeta, but still inferior.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.