Lurkers?

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ringworm128
Banned

Lurkers?

Post by Ringworm128 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:27 am

Just out of curiosity is there anyone on this site that mainly justs browses through the forum while rarely posting?

InfernalVegito
Advanced Regular

Re: Lurkers?

Post by InfernalVegito » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:40 pm

I'd say from my own perspective that I lurk more than I post, so yes.
BT3 off meds | The final fight

Ah, the Alpha and the Omega. As all life was created from Chaos...so shall it be DESTROYED!!!

The wails of machines | Singing cold harmony | Shifting air upward | Entranced by the breeze | Light pours like blood | Into a cosmic sea | Of stars crystallized | In a frozen symphony

Vegetto kicking you into orbit theme

Valerius Dover
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Valerius Dover » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:06 pm

I used to mostly be a lurker for the first few months before I joined the site, then I started posting occasionally. Now, I've started posting quite a lot! :P
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover

The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:38 pm

Been back to lurking more recently. Minus is over (and most of its related threads are all debates rather than speculation now) and even though there are hints that there may eventually be another DB movie, nothing official exists yet, so downward goes my participation for now.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:11 pm

I guess my posting is down quite a bit recently. There are lots of threads I'm following that I don't post in, because I don't feel I have anything to say.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:33 pm

I lurked on the site for five or six years before I joined the forums.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

imatu

Post by imatu » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:28 pm

I've had an account for nearly four years, and browsed the site regularly without an account for a few years before that, but I only have two posts (well, three now). I suppose that would make me a lurker. :lol:
I'm a former moderator of the UKDB forum, semi-frequent poster on /r/TrueAnime, rare dub collector, amateur anime historian, volunteer puppeteer, and a manga enthusiast.

I tweet quite often.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:11 am

Even as much as I do post, I do a lot more lurking than I do posting. There's a good many threads that I follow somewhat actively, but I don't have a lot to add to them myself, so I just don't post.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:20 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote:Even as much as I do post, I do a lot more lurking than I do posting. There's a good many threads that I follow somewhat actively, but I don't have a lot to add to them myself, so I just don't post.
Very much of this. It only gets worse when some of the threads I do post in fairly regularly either start running out of information to keep them relevant, or end up devolving into debates I don't care about.

The Jaco thread is the biggest example I can think of right now. I think I used to have a post or two on every page, but now it'll go 5-10 pages at a time before I reply because I really don't care about Bardock's armor, Goku being an infiltrator, or how bad DB- sucks compared to the Bardock TV special. Going to keep giving it a while and hope that it returns to normal eventually.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:30 am

Yeah, I run into that a lot as well. There was a thread recently that devolved into a pretty big, and arguably off-topic in some ways, debate that I just didn't have the energy to fight with anymore, so I just stopped posting, and eventually stopped reading it at all.

A good example of a thread I follow somewhat actively but almost never post in though, would be the DB Heroes thread actually. I like to keep somewhat up to date on what that game is doing since I'm interested in it, but at the same time I know so little about it that there's rarely more that I could add then 'Neat looking card', so usually I don't post much there. The rare exception of course is when something truly crazy/cool happens in a reveal.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Tzigi
Regular

Post by Tzigi » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:50 pm

I used to lurk a lot - and by "a lot" I mean 4 years of being a signed-up user (2008-2012) spent without a single post - yet also reading the forum almost every day. Now I try to contribute to those things I consider really worth it.

dprez
Advanced Regular

Post by dprez » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:22 am

I lurk a bit more these days than I used to. I'd be on the chat more if I had a laptop like I used to and not just a kindle... I actually have began another run of DBZ recently. Trunks initial super saiyan music ftw!

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:57 pm

I have become a major lurker of the site and the forum, especially in comparison to the level of participation I used to put forth in all of the interactive options. I still have so much love for the series (though I might have even more for the website, the staff, and this specific community) but over the last couple of years I've struggled to find quality opportunities and personal initiative to actually develop something material to contribute. Never was a big fan of simply discussing personal opinions and biases... A lot of it is also that I have been a very active and involved college student the last couple years, and that is a very time-consuming profession! :P So to answer your question, yes I do mainly just browses through the forum while rarely posting, but I have quite a background of being one of the community's most active members! And I enjoy still being able to lurk/check-in and contribute/donate whenever I can.

TheOverlyMadHatter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheOverlyMadHatter » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:07 am

I did quite a bit of lurking before joining and maybe giving my own contribution to the discussions here.