Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Pantalones » Fri May 02, 2014 11:29 pm

I haven't had any real problems with this fight before this point, but I'm not a fan of the random-audience-decapitations thing. Random death just isn't funny (and heads being cut off is especially un-funny to me, for some reason. Not sure why.) I would've left it at "Black Knight reference, pointy-eared guy losing the top of his hairdo, and maybe Uub's arm," not half a dozen random aliens getting heads chopped off and such. Maybe some regenerating guys like Cell and the various Buus too, since it's not as awful when they can just effortlessly grow it back.

And yeah there is absolutely no reason for this guy to not get disqualified at this point.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Fri May 02, 2014 11:30 pm

Pantalones wrote:I haven't had any real problems with this fight before this point, but I'm not a fan of the random-audience-decapitations thing. Random death just isn't funny (and heads being cut off is especially un-funny to me, for some reason. Not sure why.) I would've left it at "Black Knight reference, pointy-eared guy losing the top of his hairdo, and maybe Uub's arm," not half a dozen random aliens getting heads chopped off and such. Maybe some regenerating guys like Cell and the various Buus too, since it's not as awful when they can just effortlessly grow it back.

And yeah there is absolutely no reason for this guy to not get disqualified at this point.
According to the rules you have to specifically attack people, making this 100% okay.

Stupid rules, but there you go.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Sat May 03, 2014 12:22 am

Are some of you getting seriously offended by material of which could be present in a Tom and Jerry cartoon?
There is not a single drop of blood in any of the panels, and furthermore, all the characters are making a goofy face to boot. None of the decapitations/slicings are even remotely realistic, even for Dragonball's standards.
I don't see how this could be worse than Oob (also an innocent bystander to the fight) getting his arm cut off with blood spurting.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sat May 03, 2014 12:41 am

Then burn it off with ki.

It really can't be too hard to remove, Freeza was able to bust his armour off laughably easy. Being stretchy doesn't make it invincible.

Of course Bra should simply have the strength to tear it despite being stretchy but whatever.
That's probably what she'll do next. Also, stress can make even trained soldiers not think quite as critically as they otherwise would.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

FrogTrigger
Beyond Newbie

Post by FrogTrigger » Sat May 03, 2014 1:35 am

Fionordequester wrote:
Then burn it off with ki.

It really can't be too hard to remove, Freeza was able to bust his armour off laughably easy. Being stretchy doesn't make it invincible.

Of course Bra should simply have the strength to tear it despite being stretchy but whatever.
That's probably what she'll do next. Also, stress can make even trained soldiers not think quite as critically as they otherwise would.
Isn't the gravity still affecting her? I think that's why she's having trouble

Figure Eleim blasts it off and Bra rewards him with a boot to the head?

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sat May 03, 2014 3:46 am

Godo wrote:Are some of you getting seriously offended by material of which could be present in a Tom and Jerry cartoon?
There is not a single drop of blood in any of the panels, and furthermore, all the characters are making a goofy face to boot. None of the decapitations/slicings are even remotely realistic, even for Dragonball's standards.
I don't see how this could be worse than Oob (also an innocent bystander to the fight) getting his arm cut off with blood spurting.
This isn't a Tom and Jerry cartoon, and no-one is getting offended. Just criticizing the poor writing.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sat May 03, 2014 9:10 am

Godo wrote:Are some of you getting seriously offended by material of which could be present in a Tom and Jerry cartoon?
Er.. You do realize that losing an arm and the like has ALWAYS been presented as a serious thing and a big deal, both in the original manga AND this fan-manga when Uub lost his arm the first time. Sure, its wasn't THAT dramatic, but it was portrayed seriously. This change of tone just doesn't fit and is actually in bad taste since it was presented in a serious light before.

Tom and Jerry are never serious at all, so its never presented as serious.

The only thing I found funny was the Black Knight reference purely because of the reference.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sat May 03, 2014 10:17 am

Actually, i remember two episodes of Tom and Jerry that had quite dark moments, 1. when Tom failed to stop mices, and was executed for that 2. When Tom and Jerry decide to commit suicide, because of getting dumped by girlfriends. Personally, i don`t have anything against dark humor, i like watching Family Guy and South Park. But, for me, its just not funny, that`s all. I root for Bra, becasue I'm not big fan of these space warriors rejects. And for past few fights, the most boring fighters won (18 and Gotenks)
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat May 03, 2014 1:53 pm

rereboy wrote:
Er.. You do realize that losing an arm and the like has ALWAYS been presented as a serious thing and a big deal, both in the original manga AND this fan-manga when Uub lost his arm the first time. Sure, its wasn't THAT dramatic, but it was portrayed seriously. This change of tone just doesn't fit and is actually in bad taste since it was presented in a serious light before.

Tom and Jerry are never serious at all, so its never presented as serious.

The only thing I found funny was the Black Knight reference purely because of the reference.
THIS.

Also I have 0 problems with the pacing now...because I no longer give much of a shit on this fancomic anymore. Now it's only worth seeing how stupid things will get, or if things will get better. It's a win win on entertainment now...even if it's for the wrong reasons.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Sat May 03, 2014 3:48 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:Also what the hell is with the last panel. They should be serious as PEOPLE ARE DYING. I guess U16 Goten and Piccolo just don't give a shit. This isn't funny. This is not dragon ball humour at all.
"I killed and ate your mom"
"SUPER BUU BUU VOLLEYBALL FER SHUR"

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Post by Kid Buu » Sat May 03, 2014 3:58 pm

Rocketman wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:Also what the hell is with the last panel. They should be serious as PEOPLE ARE DYING. I guess U16 Goten and Piccolo just don't give a shit. This isn't funny. This is not dragon ball humour at all.
B-b-but the Dragon Balls!
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sat May 03, 2014 4:09 pm

Rocketman wrote:
"Rah rah hahahahahahehehehehe rah!" (I blew up your planet and both of your families!)
"Let's play rock-paper-scissors!"
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Sat May 03, 2014 6:46 pm

Rocketman wrote:"I killed and ate your mom"
Kamiccolo9 wrote:"Rah rah hahahahahahehehehehe rah!" (I blew up your planet and both of your families!)
"Let's play rock-paper-scissors!"
Hey, these Saiyans know how to make the best of a bad situation.

goku1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by goku1234 » Sun May 04, 2014 2:09 pm

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun May 04, 2014 2:15 pm

Bout time she got serious.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sun May 04, 2014 2:26 pm

"Fuck this"
Has Dbz ever dropped the Fbomb or how about DBMV in general.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Sun May 04, 2014 2:28 pm

Why did they make Goku dumber in this comic than in the official manga? I'm sure he could have come up with Piccolo's observation on his own.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sun May 04, 2014 2:33 pm

Marco Polo wrote:Why did they make Goku dumber in this comic than in the official manga? I'm sure he could have come up with Piccolo's observation on his own.
Well, she did the "two fingers to the forehead" thing, which as far as I'm aware has only been necessary for Yardratan teleportation.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Sun May 04, 2014 2:45 pm

Kaboom wrote:
Marco Polo wrote:Why did they make Goku dumber in this comic than in the official manga? I'm sure he could have come up with Piccolo's observation on his own.
Well, she did the "two fingers to the forehead" thing, which as far as I'm aware has only been necessary for Yardratan teleportation.
But Piccolo guessed that it has to be Kaioshin's teleportation technique. Goku could have guessed the same since he is a smart fighter.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sun May 04, 2014 2:49 pm

Actually, it is Kibito technique, Kaioshin couldn`t teleport until after they merged.
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015