Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Re: Dragon Ball Z 2015 Film

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:34 am

DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Actually, can I just make a quick suggestion; what would people think about a sub-forum for this movie? Perhaps when news really starts leaking all over the place, just because the old BOG thread ended up being so massive.
We'll just wind up with a lot of repetitive threads. I think a single one makes it easier to watch the evolution of the fan reaction and release of news.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:36 am

New movie? Megarection right now... :shock:
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

SSJ3_Zack
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJ3_Zack » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:38 am

I think I'm about to pass out. Here's me marking out. First Sting now this?!

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:42 am

Wel... I'll definitely go to the premiere again. :thumbup:

InfernalVegito
Advanced Regular

Post by InfernalVegito » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:44 am

Man, time sure as shit flies fast. Can't wait.
BT3 off meds | The final fight

Ah, the Alpha and the Omega. As all life was created from Chaos...so shall it be DESTROYED!!!

The wails of machines | Singing cold harmony | Shifting air upward | Entranced by the breeze | Light pours like blood | Into a cosmic sea | Of stars crystallized | In a frozen symphony

Vegetto kicking you into orbit theme

MagicBox
Advanced Regular

Post by MagicBox » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:45 am

JulieYBM wrote:I just realized that Toriyama hasn't even finished his initial character designs yet. Looks like the animation will be rushed again if this is supposed to be released in later April or early May.
Maybe they'll bring in a bigger budget and better talent now that they've realized that Toriko is just OMG so not cool...?

Could that be a possibility? The unspectacular domestic gross for "Battle Of Gods" led many of us to believe that Toei would "play it safe" for the next film, yet they're apparently giving Toriyama complete creative control. Sounds like they're willing to take a few risks.
"Magic's Detective Agency" - The Ultimate Guide to Changes in Detective Conan

"Magic's DiGiMONMUSiC Database" - The Ultimate Guide to Digimon CDs

JamesOwnz
Beyond Newbie

Post by JamesOwnz » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:46 am

Looking forward to this!

Wish it was set after the series though

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:51 am

JulieYBM wrote:
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Actually, can I just make a quick suggestion; what would people think about a sub-forum for this movie? Perhaps when news really starts leaking all over the place, just because the old BOG thread ended up being so massive.
We'll just wind up with a lot of repetitive threads. I think a single one makes it easier to watch the evolution of the fan reaction and release of news.
That's a good point. I just thought it might be helpful for separating discussions like 'Gohan's hair' and 'Is this movie canon?!' from actual news announcements and discoveries.

In terms of this movie, well, I'm so excited that we get to go through all of this pre-release hype again. 2012-2013 was crazy; time consuming, but also a lot of fun. Extremely interested in the fact that this is based on something he'd intended to do for the manga's original serialization. Hoping for something a bit more ambitious this time around and I'm sure Toei will be far more willing to put in the money after the huge success that was Battle of Gods.

On the Kanzenshuu side of things, my post count will be rising by some obscene amount over the next year or so. Look forward to contributing in any way I can, though. I hope the website servers can survive this time around. :lol: Kind of insane that we're already looking forward to 2015. BOG still seems so new, and I guess it is, but the cycle has already begun to renew itself.

The Best Begins...Again.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:59 am

MagicBox wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:I just realized that Toriyama hasn't even finished his initial character designs yet. Looks like the animation will be rushed again if this is supposed to be released in later April or early May.
Maybe they'll bring in a bigger budget and better talent now that they've realized that Toriko is just OMG so not cool...?

Could that be a possibility? The unspectacular domestic gross for "Battle Of Gods" led many of us to believe that Toei would "play it safe" for the next film, yet they're apparently giving Toriyama complete creative control. Sounds like they're willing to take a few risks.
It depends a lot on Hosoda Masahiro's contacts. I think Kan'no Yoshihiro was the only non-Toei regular freelancer key animator to work on the film with talent. Then again, if Tate Naoki is able to work on this movie perhaps he can call in the friends he had on the ninth One Piece film?

I wonder who will be the director? I think Nagamine Tatsuya is busy right now acting as Series Director of Happiness Charge PreCure and probably directing the upcoming movie. Hosoda Masahiro was director of the 2013 film. Most recently he has directed One Piece Episode #650 (22 June 2014). I hope he isn't asked back in lieu of someone more talented.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:04 am

The US won't get this movie until a year later or two. If it's a sequel to BOG then I can see the movie dealing with a god from another world trying to destroy all of the planets in the main DBZ universe. Maybe have a lizard theme villain based on Beerus original design.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:07 am

Do you think a bigger animation budget is possible this time around now that Toriko's off the plate?

Actually, I'm wondering if budget wouldn't be freed up if they don't do another Precure all-stars movie this March.
(Though I did enjoy some of the battles in the most recent one, and the bear monsters voiced by Nozawa, or Gokûmas. Bears, with Gokû-like voices. Bear=Kuma. Awful pun, I know. :3)
Last edited by Chuquita on Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

AnimeMaakuo
Advanced Regular

Post by AnimeMaakuo » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:08 am

We're finally going to see SSJ3 Vegeta :roll:
My YouTube

Soppa Saiyjins from Dorgou Ballru Zetto is my favorite transformation everah, especially when Trounksoru did it in front of Seru and when Bejita did it when he faced Jingonigen-hachigo. But for real, I use the FUNi pronunciation. - Soppa Saia People

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Post by sailorspazz » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:09 am

oh my god Oh My God OH MY GOD *insert long stream of incoherent babbling and/or excessive swearing* I'm spazzing the fuck out

Wasn't expecting this to happen, but so glad to hear it! Hoping this is the "Vegeta will be the main character" thing Toriyama mentioned. That interview was pretty recent, right? So if he already had some sort of plot in mind and is now working on it, I'm hopeful that it's gonna be starring my favorite character :D

That bit about it being something he wanted to do during the manga's serialization is endlessly intriguing. There are certainly plenty of time gaps to work with, but which one will it be? My shipper's mindset immediately went to Toriyama finally explaining how the hell Vegeta and Bulma got together :lol: Because he really did want to write romance all along, it was just that his editor's wouldn't let him! :wink: I almost think that shippers already have their own head canon worked out on this one, and would soundly reject any "official" version of events anyway!

As for non-ridiculous speculation about what this could actually be about, I have no clue. I'm just very happy that it's promising more action and comedy. What more can we ask for? :D
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:12 am

Chuquita wrote:Do you think a bigger animation budget is possible this time around now that Toriko's off the plate?
If pulling in about thirty million US dollars in the motherland didn't provide the incentive, I'm not sure the ending of Toriko will.

This movie should be coming out a few weeks after Dragon Ball Kai ends. I wonder what the Hell Fuji and Toei is going to do to promote it?
She/Her💕 💜 💙
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:12 am

*spit take*

*coughing and beating chest*

WHAT!?
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

SSJ3_Zack
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJ3_Zack » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:12 am

If this was originally going to be in the Manga could it possibly be based around Vegeta? Toriyama did say he wanted to do a film based around Vegeta. Although he could have said that in jest. #PrayforKanzenshuu.

NessMudkip
Beyond Newbie

Post by NessMudkip » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:21 am

Very exciting news! If the one image we have is anything to go by, I expect that this film will be set after the Cell arc at least, because Goku is a Super Saiyan, and appears to be using Instant Transmission. I also think due to the fact that this appears to be releasing roughly when the Kai Buu Arc ends it's Japanese TV run, that it will be set at the end of Z. This doesn't rule out that it could be set in the gap between the Cell arc and Buu arc, however, and that would be interesting to see. Of course, on top of all this we have the whole "the next film will be about Vegeta" thing. Honestly, I'd be happy either way. I'm just happy to learn that this will be another light-hearted, comedic Dragon Ball film.
Hey! Check out my YouTube Channel! I talk about Dragon Ball quite a lot. www.youtube.com/nessmudkipz

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:21 am

Hell yeah (Sorry Kanzenshuu staffers)!

Seems like Toriyama has found his comfort zone. Come up with most of the content (story, dialogue, designs), but then let everyone else do the hard part of putting it into motion. If this is what it takes for more content from him, go for it.

Here we go again. I'm buckling up for the ride! It's bound to be a doozy.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

sonikku956
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by sonikku956 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:24 am

Oh man, I can't wait!

qjz123
Regular

Post by qjz123 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:33 am

Uh What!?!?!?!! I almost passed out when I read a new movie is coming out. Toriyama is writing it, he planned to do it originally but never had the time, more action, 2015 will be amazing.
Kendamu wrote:
AjayLikesGaming wrote:If you put out untouched footage, someone like me is going to take it and turn it into a perfect release. Someone not like me is going to do the same and share it instead. You give pirates the opportunity to do better than companies and people will jump on that so fast.
This is an 80s/90s animated all-ages show that was popular amongst kids. It's not some potent super weapon that might fall into the wrong hands that we have to protect from evil.