Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DongHyun
Beyond Newbie

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread

Post by DongHyun » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:24 pm

Last edited by DongHyun on Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Retan
Advanced Regular

Post by Retan » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:28 pm

wasn't impressed with the first link but, the second was definitely neat, with a nicely drawn shenlong.

Have no idea what it says though :lol:

DongHyun
Beyond Newbie

Post by DongHyun » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:35 pm

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:41 pm

Not sure if there's any new information here, but: http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2040016/full/
Last edited by DragonBoxZTheMovies on Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:42 pm

CM101Play wrote:
Freeza Soldier #156 wrote:I'm loving Toriyama's renewed interest in the series. I can't say that I have liked all of the new information he's thrown out there, but I can just pick and choose what I want to accept. I'm honestly just happy he's showing some passion and pride for his work. Very excited to see what new developments come our way.
Well I suppose you could "pick and choose" what you want to accept, but him saying it makes it fact as far as DB goes. Some of us may not like some of the things he says, but that doesn't change their validity.
Most of the things he said are worded as if its conjecture, like he himself doesn't know the answers either. And besides that, there's no "official" canon for Dragon Ball, so in essence you kinda can pick and choose what you want to believe unless its shown in the manga itself.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

SingleFringe&Sparks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by SingleFringe&Sparks » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:47 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:
KentalSSJ6 wrote:
TheGmGoken wrote:Freeza is reference a-lot because he's(Before the SSJs appeared) was the strongest being in the universe that wasn't "created". He the stepping stone and most likely the most known villain in the entire universe. I would't be shocked if some people think he was still alive.
That kinda goes to Buu now ever since that one bit by Toriyama saying Buu has always existed.
Oh I know. I was going by PRE-BoG(As it interviews...and full colored manga). Though we can still argue the same thing. Think about it. Boo been sealed up for a LONG LONG time. So most likely he was forgotten by most. So I guess you can Freeza is the most well-known strongest in the universe(By strongest I mean top ten). But the point was that Freeza is more well-known towards anyone in the universe. I do think people believe that Freeza is still alive along with King Cold. In matter of fact.

Is the Planet Trade still going on?
I dont think so. Freeza has been gone for at least 10 years in, and all the aliens that didnt die must have been liberated from Freeza's domain. Hes just long past his relevance. Nobody even mentions Buu after he was sealed up or after he died. I just think Toriyama clings to Freeza because he to the japanese fans is the most iconic and the arc was accepted as his best in the series - its kind of milking in a sense, hence why he would center Beerus' attention on Freeza rather than on the more logical Bibidi and Buu. Freeza is Toriyama's safe zone. What he doesnt realize is the potential he is wasting by doing this and the potential wrongs that contrast the original story by inserting Beerus too far into the past. Everything would have worked out a lot more if this was a set up for the origins of whatever dimension Buu is from.
Last edited by SingleFringe&Sparks on Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zephyr wrote:The fandom's collective fetishizing of "moments" is also ridiculous to me. No, not everyone needs a fucking "shine" moment. If that's all you want, then all you want is fanservice, rather than an actual coherent story. And of course those aren't mutually exclusive; you could have a coherent story with "shine" moments! But if a story is perfectly coherent (and I'm really not seeing any compelling arguments that this one is anything but, despite constantly recurring, really poorly reasoned, attempts to argue otherwise), and you're bemoaning the lack of "shine" moments as a reason for the story's poor quality, then you're letting your thirst for "shine" moments obfuscate your ability to detect basic storytelling when it's right in front of you.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:47 pm

Cant believe there was a time in my life where I thought the series was over. Since BOG I feel like a kid again.
Beautiful Shenlong drawing.
Last edited by FortuneSSJ on Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Retan
Advanced Regular

Post by Retan » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:48 pm

Hmmm the worst wish in history, and who wished for it, bet it was Puar :lol:

On a serious note bet Vegeta and Goku wanted to know who the most powerful character in the 12 universes was, and the dragon brought him/her here. :)

SingleFringe&Sparks

Post by SingleFringe&Sparks » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:53 pm

CM101Play wrote:
MagicBox wrote:I wonder what the "God Dimension" is (the place Beerus was sleeping?), but apparently it's breaking out into a war ("開戦"). Neat tagline.

Nice to think that Beerus and Whis might be back.
I think it's gonna be a war between Beerus and other Gods of Destruction. Or something like that.
I really hope the set up makes sense. I dont want it to be something campy, they should have an actual reason to go there besides just interest. There should also be some restrictions and limitations to this other dimension as other world has them. Hopefully Toriyama keeps his Buddist themes going, :think: and have the war not as chaotic as Naruto's. Though I don't know what a DB styled war would be like.
I hope that the God Dimension has a martial arts tournament too lol :clap:
Last edited by SingleFringe&Sparks on Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zephyr wrote:The fandom's collective fetishizing of "moments" is also ridiculous to me. No, not everyone needs a fucking "shine" moment. If that's all you want, then all you want is fanservice, rather than an actual coherent story. And of course those aren't mutually exclusive; you could have a coherent story with "shine" moments! But if a story is perfectly coherent (and I'm really not seeing any compelling arguments that this one is anything but, despite constantly recurring, really poorly reasoned, attempts to argue otherwise), and you're bemoaning the lack of "shine" moments as a reason for the story's poor quality, then you're letting your thirst for "shine" moments obfuscate your ability to detect basic storytelling when it's right in front of you.

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:55 pm

Retan wrote:Hmmm the worst wish in history, and who wished for it, bet it was Puar :lol:

On a serious note bet Vegeta and Goku wanted to know who the most powerful character in the 12 universes was, and the dragon brought him/her here. :)
"The worst wish in history. That is the beginning of despair." Fairly certain that this is gonna be a gag of some sort; something of a similar nature to the pudding situation from BOG. When I read "The worst wish in history", for some reason the first thing that sprung to mind was the very first wish in the series. :wink: Glad the Dragon Balls are gonna play some sort of important role in the plot again.

In case anyone missed it: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2014/07/18/to ... l-z-movie/

SingleFringe&Sparks

Post by SingleFringe&Sparks » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:02 pm

DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:
Retan wrote:Hmmm the worst wish in history, and who wished for it, bet it was Puar :lol:

"The worst wish in history. That is the beginning of despair." Fairly certain that this is gonna be a gag of some sort; something of a similar nature to the pudding situation from BOG. When I read "The worst wish in history", for some reason the first thing that sprung to mind was the very first wish in the series. :wink: Glad the Dragon Balls are gonna play some sort of important role in the plot again.
Either Pilaf is now a God himself or Yamcha got a hold of them.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:04 pm

DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Not sure if there's any new information here, but: http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2040016/full/
from google translator
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:09 pm

I can't believe how fast stuff is coming out about this movie. anybody think we'll get a teaser by this christmas? maybe? please! :P
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:15 pm

samuraix123 wrote:I can't believe how fast stuff is coming out about this movie. anybody think we'll get a teaser by this christmas? maybe? please! :P
I think the first initial teaser for BOG came out quite early on, like July 2012. That was just Goku standing on a cliff though.

The first actual trailer for BOG hit in December 2012.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2012/07/22/fi ... ump-festa/
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2012/12/07/ba ... n-fuji-tv/
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2012/12/11/ba ... h-website/

I'm hesitant to say this, but does anyone else think that the sentence, "That is the beginning of despair", seems to indicate towards a slightly darker mood in this movie. Or do you think it's deliberately misleading and the "despair" is actually going to be this massively comical situation?
Last edited by DragonBoxZTheMovies on Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:20 pm

Forgive me of this has been discussed but what does the "GW" mean next to 2015 in that pic of Goku?

Initials of the title?

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:22 pm

It sound like this is going to be more Dbz then the last movie which is a very good thing

Freeza Soldier #156
Regular

Post by Freeza Soldier #156 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:22 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Forgive me of this has been discussed but what does the "GW" mean next to 2015 in that pic of Goku?

Initials of the title?
It stands for Golden Week 2015. I believe it corresponds to the first week in May.

Retan
Advanced Regular

Post by Retan » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:26 pm

sintzu wrote:It sound like this is going to be more Dbz then the last movie which is a very good thing

What it sounds like is BoG was almost just the quiet before the storm, almost like Roshi's party to Bulma's party like Raditz to Beerus and the main event is yet to come.
Last edited by Retan on Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:27 pm

Freeza Soldier #156 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Forgive me of this has been discussed but what does the "GW" mean next to 2015 in that pic of Goku?

Initials of the title?
It stands for Golden Week 2015. I believe it corresponds to the first week in May.
Ahh right, thanks for the clarification.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:29 pm

Retan wrote:What it sounds like is BoG was almost just the quiet before the storm.
That too.

If this is as big and epic as i think it will be then i take back evrything i said about toriyama not knowing what he's doing with the series.