"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheDevilsCorpse

Re: "Dragon Ball Heroes" On-Going Discussion Thread

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:29 pm

They've been bouncing around doing whatever they've wanted with the dragons. But since we know this updates will cover Dr. Uiro, Si Xing Long and SS4 Broli, not much to look forward to until JM7...but even then we probably already know the dragon they'll use if they include another in that set.

Here's the orders for the series and Heroes BTW:

Series
Liang Xing Long
Wu Xing Long
Liu Xing Long
Qi Xing Long
Si Xing Long
San Xing Long
Yi Xing Long

Heroes
Liu Xing Long
Liang Xing Long
San Xing Long
Qi Xing Long
Si Xing Long
Wu Xing Long --Most likely
Yi Xing Long --Most likely
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

hulkty
Banned

Post by hulkty » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:22 pm

Cool to see Movie 2 characters.
Cool to see Future Trunks visit in GT's time.
LOL @ Gohan getting happy punched by Piccolo.
LOL @ Goku needing SSj4 to beat Dr. Wheelo.

HOLY F***ing SH*T!!!! That SSj4 Broly is BADASS!! NEED more now!

jollyr
Beyond Newbie

Post by jollyr » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:33 pm

Is mind controlled Piccolo from Movie 2? I haven't seen it in forever

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:27 pm

The Super Saiyan 4 Broli from the JM06 promo looks like he is in CG. :(
jollyr wrote:Is mind controlled Piccolo from Movie 2? I haven't seen it in forever
Indeedy, he is.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:29 pm

MC Piccolo was always cool. Maybe they will do MC versions of other characters too.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:33 pm

JulieYBM wrote:The Super Saiyan 4 Broli from the JM06 promo looks like he is in CG. :(
Yeah, doesn't seem like he's in the actual animated trailer, as that was the full ~1 minute version. He looks like his teaser is being handled the same way some of their in-game mission advertisement videos are, with a combination of shoddy cgi, 2D animation and/or the in-game models.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:43 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:The Super Saiyan 4 Broli from the JM06 promo looks like he is in CG. :(
Yeah, doesn't seem like he's in the actual animated trailer, as that was the full ~1 minute version. He looks like his teaser is being handled the same way some of their in-game mission advertisement videos are, with a combination of shoddy cgi, 2D animation and/or the in-game models.
Hmm...crud. Hopefully the JM07 promo features him, then.

This reminds me...what if Beat obtains Super Saiyan 4? Would he grow up into a variation of the adult character from Dragon Ball: Ultimate Blast? :D
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:29 pm

JulieYBM wrote:This reminds me...what if Beat obtains Super Saiyan 4? Would he grow up into a variation of the adult character from Dragon Ball: Ultimate Blast? :D
I think he should turn into an adult, since Goku turned from a kid to adult.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

GoldLiger
Banned

Post by GoldLiger » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:34 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:This reminds me...what if Beat obtains Super Saiyan 4? Would he grow up into a variation of the adult character from Dragon Ball: Ultimate Blast? :D
The reason Goku goes from kid to an adult when he goes SS4 is because when he uses the power of SS4 it surpasses the power of Ultimate Shenron. If Beat, Note and the rest of the Saiyan Avatars get SS4 then they will grow a head taller. Like Vegeta does when he goes SS4.
Dragon Ball Heroes God Mission = Best sets of missions so far

Super Saiyan 4 Gohan FTW!!

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:49 am

GoldLiger wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
The reason Goku goes from kid to an adult when he goes SS4 is because when he uses the power of SS4 it surpasses the power of Ultimate Shenron. If Beat, Note and the rest of the Saiyan Avatars get SS4 then they will grow a head taller. Like Vegeta does when he goes SS4.
SSJ4 could just take everyone to their prime/ adult body. Vegeta was more or less in his prime where as Goku was a child and need to be taken to his prime.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:48 am

I'm actually hoping the avatars do get SS4 so we can see possibly how they think it does operate. Myself, I've never been fond of the 'it takes Goku back to his prime form' theory for whatever reasons. It just seems odd to me, when by the same token, he can still go Super Saiyan 3 in his child form (despite having trouble with Instant Transmission, for some reason...). I've always sided with the idea that it did somehow circumvent the wish that turned him into a kid, but only because he hadn't reached the form prior to the wish. If Super Saiyan 3 was new to him in GT, then he'd be an adult in that form; or vice versa, if he'd already had SS4 prior to Pilaf's wish, then we'd have a little kid version of the form running around.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:11 am

GoldLiger wrote:The reason Goku goes from kid to an adult when he goes SS4 is because when he uses the power of SS4 it surpasses the power of Ultimate Shenron.
This is a fan theory that I disagree with.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

GoldLiger
Banned

Post by GoldLiger » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:19 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
GoldLiger wrote:The reason Goku goes from kid to an adult when he goes SS4 is because when he uses the power of SS4 it surpasses the power of Ultimate Shenron.
Fan theory made real by the anime creators themselves.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:34 pm

GoldLiger wrote:Fan theory made real by the anime creators themselves.
What?

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:52 pm

GoldLiger wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
Fan theory made real by the anime creators themselves.
It was never said in the series or the accompanying guidebooks as fas as I know. So could you please disclose, if this is indeed said in something official or if it's just your theory?

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:22 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:I'm actually hoping the avatars do get SS4 so we can see possibly how they think it does operate. Myself, I've never been fond of the 'it takes Goku back to his prime form' theory for whatever reasons. It just seems odd to me, when by the same token, he can still go Super Saiyan 3 in his child form (despite having trouble with Instant Transmission, for some reason...). I've always sided with the idea that it did somehow circumvent the wish that turned him into a kid, but only because he hadn't reached the form prior to the wish. If Super Saiyan 3 was new to him in GT, then he'd be an adult in that form; or vice versa, if he'd already had SS4 prior to Pilaf's wish, then we'd have a little kid version of the form running around.
SSJ4 is a massive transformation that alters to body as we seen it alter Vegeta's SSJ3 does not do that.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:24 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote:SSJ4 is a massive transformation that alters to body as we seen it alter Vegeta's SSJ3 does not do that.
I dunno, I'd say the lengthy hair that Super Saiyan 3 gives is a pretty big alteration in of itself.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:38 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:
miguelnuva1 wrote:SSJ4 is a massive transformation that alters to body as we seen it alter Vegeta's SSJ3 does not do that.
I dunno, I'd say the lengthy hair that Super Saiyan 3 gives is a pretty big alteration in of itself.
SSJ3 alters the body but not that much more then the other transformations. SSJ4 featured heavy modifications to the body on both that used it. Goku in SSJ4 for example was still bigger then the normal adult Goku.

Goku for example is 5'7 in SSJ4 he looks 6'5.

GoldLiger
Banned

Post by GoldLiger » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:08 am

miguelnuva1 wrote:
Gyt Kaliba wrote:
SSJ3 alters the body but not that much more then the other transformations. SSJ4 featured heavy modifications to the body on both that used it. Goku in SSJ4 for example was still bigger then the normal adult Goku.

Goku for example is 5'7 in SSJ4 he looks 6'5.
Goku is only a head taller than Gohan in SS4. While in normal adult Goku is the same height as Adult Gohan.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:31 pm

You do realize you're only supporting him, right? The average human skull is around 10 inches. 5'7" + 10" = 6'5"...