DragonBall Z Abridged

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:15 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:Honestly, I'm not super fond of the 'ALL OF THEM' joke either. I mean, it amused me and is a great reference for the character in general, dub wise anyway, and I also liked that (in my mind anyway) it kind of harkened back to that filler with Piccolo remembering what happened between him and Goku prior to this arc. That said though, I don't really hear anything nearly that guttural in the actual dub line. It sounds perfectly understandable to my ears. Granted, it's still more gravely than where he's brought Piccolo to now, but it's not bad.
True. The one in this TFS video made him sound like Scooby Doo (which I thought was hilarious).
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Post by Attitudefan » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:21 pm

For me, the "all of them" joke was hilarious because it was so unexpected but it worked in the context of the parody.
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:28 pm

Attitudefan wrote:For me, the "all of them" joke was hilarious because it was so unexpected but it worked in the context of the parody.
I think I'm in the dark in regards to that joke. Likely because I havent seen the old dub in years.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Valerius Dover
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Valerius Dover » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:40 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:
I think I'm in the dark in regards to that joke. Likely because I havent seen the old dub in years.
This isn't an old dub. It's the official Funimation dub of Dragon Ball. It's there on the Season 5 Blue Brick. There was never any need for redubbing in this series.
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover

The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:52 pm

Valerius Dover wrote:
KentalSSJ6 wrote:
This isn't an old dub. It's the official Funimation dub of Dragon Ball. It's there on the Season 5 Blue Brick. There was never any need for redubbing in this series.
I think he meant old dub as in its old and didn't age well. That or he means Old dub compared to many dubs Funimation has done.

Valerius Dover

Post by Valerius Dover » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:57 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:
Valerius Dover wrote:
KentalSSJ6 wrote:
I think he meant old dub as in its old and didn't age well. That or he means Old dub compared to many dubs Funimation has done.
Fair enough. :D
I would say the dub felt more natural in Dragon Ball than in the non-redubbed parts of Dragon Ball Z, but you can't deny the first series has some silly moments, too!
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover

The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:58 pm

This is the funniest thing TFS has done in a while, GREAT STUFF! :D :D

I think my favorite part was Vegeta's extended laugh.

"HEY GUYS, YOU REMIND ME OF SOME ASSHOLES I'M GONNA KILL!"
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

Lumos

Post by Lumos » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:10 pm

This question might seem a little bit random and might have already been answered but I'm currently watching the T.V show Angel for the first time and I just watched an episode where the main cast are knocking about in a place in Pylea. Anyways, one of the characters they meet (played by I'm told none other than Joss Whedon himself!) performs this thing called the Dance of Joy. I don't suppose that was the inspiration for Captain Ginyu's dance of the same name or was it all just one massive coincidence? :)
The Eleventh Doctor wrote:The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don’t always soften the bad things, but vice versa the bad things don’t always spoil the good things or make them unimportant.
Homer Simpson wrote:'STEALING! How could you? Why do you think I took you to see all those Police Academy movies, FOR FUN? I DIDN'T HEAR ANYONE LAUGHING, DID YOU?'

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:14 pm

Dragon ball is much older than Angel and the dance was on the anime I believe (even though I don't know if its called dance of joy).

KaiserNeko

Post by KaiserNeko » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:06 pm

Lumos wrote:This question might seem a little bit random and might have already been answered but I'm currently watching the T.V show Angel for the first time and I just watched an episode where the main cast are knocking about in a place in Pylea. Anyways, one of the characters they meet (played by I'm told none other than Joss Whedon himself!) performs this thing called the Dance of Joy. I don't suppose that was the inspiration for Captain Ginyu's dance of the same name or was it all just one massive coincidence? :)
95% sure that none of us, the writers, have ever watched Angel. So, I can assuredly say, it's a coincidence!
Check out TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridged:
http://teamfourstar.com/

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:32 pm

KaiserNeko wrote:
Lumos wrote:This question might seem a little bit random and might have already been answered but I'm currently watching the T.V show Angel for the first time and I just watched an episode where the main cast are knocking about in a place in Pylea. Anyways, one of the characters they meet (played by I'm told none other than Joss Whedon himself!) performs this thing called the Dance of Joy. I don't suppose that was the inspiration for Captain Ginyu's dance of the same name or was it all just one massive coincidence? :)
95% sure that none of us, the writers, have ever watched Angel. So, I can assuredly say, it's a coincidence!
Dude, That needs to change. All Five Seasons on Netflix you won't regret it.

KaiserNeko

Post by KaiserNeko » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:41 pm

FoolsGil wrote:
KaiserNeko wrote:
Dude, That needs to change. All Five Seasons on Netflix you won't regret it.
Unfortunately, with my schedule and my backlog? Unlikely. Appreciate the suggestion, though!
Check out TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridged:
http://teamfourstar.com/

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Post by Kid Buu » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:16 am

Also watch Buffy the series that Angel sprung from.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

testing223
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by testing223 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:45 am

KaiserNeko wrote:Unfortunately, with my schedule and my backlog? Unlikely. Appreciate the suggestion, though!
Anything the community as a whole could do to help with the workload and backlog?
I play baseball and work in LA.

Lumos

Post by Lumos » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:41 am

rereboy wrote:Dragon ball is much older than Angel and the dance was on the anime I believe (even though I don't know if its called dance of joy).
Oh I know. I was just curious in terms of naming conventions (there's a dance of honour too..)

Thanks for responding though, Kaiser. On a more relevant note, I really liked the second Kai Abridged too. :)
The Eleventh Doctor wrote:The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don’t always soften the bad things, but vice versa the bad things don’t always spoil the good things or make them unimportant.
Homer Simpson wrote:'STEALING! How could you? Why do you think I took you to see all those Police Academy movies, FOR FUN? I DIDN'T HEAR ANYONE LAUGHING, DID YOU?'

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:08 pm

theawesomepossum777 wrote:Found this on KaiserNeko's Tumblr
:lol: Oh god. Why. Why did this have to be a thing...and yet it's perfect.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:28 pm

I am crying right now.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Jackal puFF

Post by Jackal puFF » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:01 pm

Hahaha I would be totally fine if Beerus voice was just a bunch of purrs.

dae428
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dae428 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:49 am

Oh man... So beautiful... :lol: