Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheDevilsCorpse

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:28 pm

Tsufuru wrote:From DB online.
No, it's not. It's from my fan project...
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Retan
Advanced Regular

Post by Retan » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:29 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
Tsufuru wrote:From DB online.
No, it's not. It's from my fan project...

Now I'm really confused.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:40 pm

Retan wrote:Now I'm really confused.
Just forget everything he posted. It's not supposed to fit in with the original DB franchise, as my project is a rewrite.

Toriyama is joked as the creator of the Dragon Ball world in the Daizenshu and stuff, but the Kaioshin are the actual Gods of Creation in-universe.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

dprez
Advanced Regular

Post by dprez » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:44 pm

So, FUNimation should use this promotional opportunity to release the DBZ Dragon Box films they're keeping from us!

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:49 pm

dprez wrote:So, FUNimation should use this promotional opportunity to release the DBZ Dragon Box films they're keeping from us!
I'm thinking there's gotta be some kind of story we're not hearing about those. Whether it's just that the Dragon Boxes really didn't sell well enough to do the movies (though from what I remember reading, they sold about as expected, didn't they?), or if maybe they announced they had them but something else fell through, or something.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Babbu
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Babbu » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:43 pm

Someone from the Galactic Patrol wishes for help against strong guys. Shenlong sends Vegeta. He feels nothing but despair.

Valerius Dover
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Valerius Dover » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:59 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:
dprez wrote:So, FUNimation should use this promotional opportunity to release the DBZ Dragon Box films they're keeping from us!
I'm thinking there's gotta be some kind of story we're not hearing about those. Whether it's just that the Dragon Boxes really didn't sell well enough to do the movies (though from what I remember reading, they sold about as expected, didn't they?), or if maybe they announced they had them but something else fell through, or something.
Maybe it's the other way around? I mean, have the movies ever really been as popular as the series?
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover

The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:04 am

Valerius Dover wrote:Maybe it's the other way around? I mean, have the movies ever really been as popular as the series?
Hmm...dunno on that front. I would assume the movies sold well enough though, in general. I mean, they're bite-sized little portions of the franchise for more casual fans to snap up easier, so you'd think they'd have that in their favor (kind of like those 'Best Of' DVDs we were supposed to get and then didn't).
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Valerius Dover

Post by Valerius Dover » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:22 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote:
Valerius Dover wrote:Maybe it's the other way around? I mean, have the movies ever really been as popular as the series?
Hmm...dunno on that front. I would assume the movies sold well enough though, in general. I mean, they're bite-sized little portions of the franchise for more casual fans to snap up easier, so you'd think they'd have that in their favor (kind of like those 'Best Of' DVDs we were supposed to get and then didn't).
You're probably right about this. After all, it's giant slug-fests hehe without the long staredowns. :lol:
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover

The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."

thekingfallsdown
Not-So-Newbie

Post by thekingfallsdown » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:01 am

Honestly, I really, REALLY hope it's Janemba. The same form to. Did he have a voice actor? I can't even recall him ever speaking... He's my favorite character design of the entire series actually. (Not the fat one lol) The only downside with him is he got absolutely zero character development. As per usual with the movies. Did janemba have any backstory to him? Or was he just something created from the goo that that kid messed up? Either way, he's still my favorite character design. His dimension warping is rather fun to watch as well. He would also fit the requirement as far as strength goes because *SPOILERS*
Currently enjoying Anime, Music, Tv shows, and Final Fantasy XII. Follow my twitter for conversation! @thekingfallsdwn

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:45 am

Yamamuro designed Janemba, and as much as like Movie 12, I can't see Toriyama revisiting it.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:42 am

Janemba is voiced by Genda Tesshou. I don't see any reason Toriyama would write a movie about him.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

thekingfallsdown
Not-So-Newbie

Post by thekingfallsdown » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:44 am

JulieYBM wrote:Janemba is voiced by Genda Tesshou. I don't see any reason Toriyama would write a movie about him.
I don't recall him ever speaking to be honest. Only reason we've brought him up, is at the thought of him wishing back a villain from the established series. (one that would be strong enough to pose a threat)
Currently enjoying Anime, Music, Tv shows, and Final Fantasy XII. Follow my twitter for conversation! @thekingfallsdwn

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:00 am

thekingfallsdown wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:Janemba is voiced by Genda Tesshou. I don't see any reason Toriyama would write a movie about him.
I don't recall him ever speaking to be honest. Only reason we've brought him up, is at the thought of him wishing back a villain from the established series. (one that would be strong enough to pose a threat)
Yet BOG is a continuation of the manga and this film is a continuation of BOG so where would Janemba even come into play here? It's like Broli, they don't exist in the manga so how could Goku even know of their existence? We don't need old villains (movie or manga) coming back. They had their run, lets move onto new material and characters like BOG did with Beerus and Whis.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:16 am

KentalSSJ6 wrote:Thats a great looking figure. I like when they go with a real cloth for clothing option.
Yeah, I love it figures have that too, especially the Batman one's with the cloth cape but sadly they seem like a dying breed now. :|

thekingfallsdown
Not-So-Newbie

Post by thekingfallsdown » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:39 am

KentalSSJ6 wrote:
thekingfallsdown wrote:
Yet BOG is a continuation of the manga and this film is a continuation of BOG so where would Janemba even come into play here? It's like Broli, they don't exist in the manga so how could Goku even know of their existence? We don't need old villains (movie or manga) coming back. They had their run, lets move onto new material and characters like BOG did with Beerus and Whis.
Yes I know new is always better. I can get my hopes up though ^_^ lol. It will be someone new, that's all but a guarantee by this point. Most likely a god again. (that seems repetitive though)

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:46 pm

If you think about it, Janemba couldn't be revived.
He was accidentally created when that one guy in Hell got distracted around the evil soul clensing machine (I think that's what it was). And he ended up turning INTO Janemba.

And when Gogeta "killed" Janemba, he turned back into the guy so technically he can't be revived.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:57 pm

I love Janemba as well since he's my favorite character design of the entire series too, but as other people said that it's very unlikely we will see any past villains. Toriyama didn't had much to do with the other movies and didn't bother mentioning them in the manga. Also Janemba would cause huge plot holes since his movie does not fit into the timeline at all.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

shinmaru
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shinmaru » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:08 pm

I still think the reviving is much more simple, like Birus getting revived from his slumber before the 3 years.
The balance is disturbed by this wish, and now all the 12 gods are awake( something like The GT ShadowDragons), despair begins.
The Movie is a beginning of a new series, I hope.

Low Tone G

Post by Low Tone G » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:24 pm

shinmaru wrote:I still think the reviving is much more simple, like Birus getting revived from his slumber before the 3 years.
The balance is disturbed by this wish, and now all the 12 gods are awake( something like The GT ShadowDragons), despair begins.
The Movie is a beginning of a new series, I hope.
So you assume that there is a synchrony between the Gods of Destruction of each 12 universes when they are awake and when they sleep?
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...