So I wrote to Funimation....and this is what I got!

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

samuraix123
I Live Here

So I wrote to Funimation....and this is what I got!

Post by samuraix123 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:51 pm

Hello EVERYONE!!!!!! I wrote a letter to Funimation explaining to them how much the series meant to me. I told them how I have been supporting them as much as I possibly can. I even mentioned all the things I have bought that's Dragonball related. I also told them an important thing that happened to me as a child and it's always caused me to look up to Sean Schemmel & Chris Sabat. I told them that I was unable to see them in real life do to certain issues and the only thing that I wanted was their signature to FINELY! make my collection complete. I told them regardless if they replied back, I would continue to support them. and this is what they sent me.

All of that because TheGmGoken told me this here http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... tart=17140
TheGmGoken wrote:
samuraix123 wrote:Man...watching those videos makes me kinda sad..I'll never in my life ever get to meet any of the voice actors :( Shoot, I'd love to just have their autograph in my collection. I thought that was awesome of Sean to say that the best thing he got out of getting involved in anime was meeting his lady. I don't know him a-lot but he does seem like a really nice guy.
Never say never. Maybe get lucky and you're meet at least one. Even if it's a minor character.

All you have to do is BOlieve :thumbup:
I believed and this is what happened. Thank you Funimation and Thank you fellow Kanzensuu members. you made my collection complete. :D
Last edited by samuraix123 on Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: So I wrote to Funimation....and this is what I got!

Post by Gaffer Tape » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:58 pm

Wow, that was really amazing and sweet of them to do that. Congratulations! I'm sure you must be thrilled.

I can't quite tell from the pictures, but did they actually give you two of the Blu-ray season sets too?
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 3/4/24!)
Current Episode: A Hero's Clone - Dragon Ball Dissection: Goku's Side Story! Siu Xing Qiu is a Testament to Courage

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:00 pm

Whoa, congrats samurai! For all the guff people give them (and I mean fans in general, not just Dragon Ball ones), there's no doubt in my mind that FUNimation truly cares about their fans. What an awesome and sweet gesture on their part.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:01 pm

That's really awesome. Congratulations! :D
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:03 pm

Gaffer Tape wrote:Wow, that was really amazing and sweet of them to do that. Congratulations! I'm sure you must be thrilled.

I can't quite tell from the pictures, but did they actually give you two of the Blu-ray season sets too?
Indeed they did buddy! They didn't have to do that. I would have been just as happy with the signatures! :D to say that I happy is an understatement. :P
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
#1 Paikuhan fan!

DoomieDoomie911
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DoomieDoomie911 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:04 pm

Wow, that was really nice of them! :)
Cipher wrote:Dragon Ball is the story of a kind-hearted, excitable child who uses the power of friendship to improve those around him as he grows into a dangerous obsessive who sometimes accidentally saves the world.
She/her (I have a Twitter account now.)

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:07 pm

Whose autographs are on the poster by the way? I can't quite make out what they say...I'd be willing to venture a guess that at least one of them is Sabat's though, right?
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:09 pm

Oh, wow! That's genuinely really awesome of them. I mean, as much shit as we might give them, this is a really great gesture.

Considering the volume of similar emails they likely receive; I can't imagine your story is anything to be taken lightly if it resulted in something as cool as this. I'm glad the series has been such a big part of your life!

Congrats dude! This is a really nice thing to treasure and it's especially awesome considering it came during such a high time for the franchise!
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:10 pm

Yup they're on the poster! both Chris and Sean's. :)
#1 Paikuhan fan!

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:11 pm

Bottom pic I think reads 'Chris Sabat', top one definitely reads 'Sean Schemmel'.
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

TheWhiz
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheWhiz » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:15 pm

That's awesome. Really nice gesture from them :D :D :D

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:16 pm

I knew that they probably received thousands of letters, but I tried to stand out from everyone else because it meant so much to me that I went out and bought one of those big brown professional envelopes haha best 2 dollars I ever spent. LOL :lol: :lol:
#1 Paikuhan fan!

thomas1up
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by thomas1up » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:27 pm

That is so. fucking. cool.

They had no obligation or NEED to do this, so the fact they did AND threw in two blu ray sets.... that's just fucking impressive.

Hats off to them, a really kind and awesome gesture!
thomas1up are fuckin terrible and need to fuck off asap all the other noobs are decent thouhg
-Anon-Kun 2014 <3

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:33 pm

Quite nice of FUNimation to have given you some of their products so sometimes they're more than just text messages.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:04 pm

It appears that they're also hosting some kinda contest to receive basically the same stuff that I received. http://www.funimation.com/blog/2014/08/ ... override=1
So the fact that I was a completely different situation makes it even more special to me. :)
#1 Paikuhan fan!

OmegaRockman
Patreon Supporter

Post by OmegaRockman » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:30 pm

Wow. There is no doubt about it now: Funimation is THE company I want to work for now if I ever break into the voice acting industry. The amount of care they have for their fans is above and beyond almost any I've ever seen out of any other company. Even if I disagree with their treatment of DB outside of Kai and the Dragon Boxes, I'm confident that their amazing treatment of all their other series coupled with the immense love they clearly have for the fans truly makes them the best US anime distributor out there. Congrats, samuraix123! I'm really happy for you!
The self-proclaimed World's Biggest Dragon Ball Kai Fan™

My YouTube

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:35 pm

Nice to know I inspired you. That's some real nice gifts they sent you. How many posters or was it multiple pictures?

Wow!

They gave you Blu Rays!?. That's awesome

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:46 pm

samuraix123 wrote:It appears that they're also hosting some kinda contest to receive basically the same stuff that I received. http://www.funimation.com/blog/2014/08/ ... override=1
So the fact that I was a completely different situation makes it even more special to me. :)
Funny you mention that contest, as I'm currently working on my own (lame) entry for it, using one of my favorite pictures of myself, that Snaps sticker option thing (since I don't have any DBZ-themed pictures of me without altering something anyway), and some text.
Twitter

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:55 pm

It was just 1 poster. I tried to get it at different angles lol sorry for the confusion haha Yeah, what you told me kinda inspired me to write to them that evening. :D :thumbup: Mom told me I was wasting my time(Because of the amount of letters they must receive) But I believed. :)
Gyt Kaliba wrote:
samuraix123 wrote:It appears that they're also hosting some kinda contest to receive basically the same stuff that I received. http://www.funimation.com/blog/2014/08/ ... override=1
Funny you mention that contest, as I'm currently working on my own (lame) entry for it, using one of my favorite pictures of myself, that Snaps sticker option thing (since I don't have any DBZ-themed pictures of me without altering something anyway), and some text.
Good luck buddy! If I can win anyone can! :D
#1 Paikuhan fan!

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:07 pm

Wow, so sweet!! Congratulations samurai!!
I'm watching what Funimation is doing these last few years with Kai and franchise overall and It's true that they've changed from this US kid-money-hype company to guys (or they actually did stay) who really care about fans and what they do and If I've written a letter to my favourite company, this is the last thing I would expect.
Really, Funimation now has my admiration. *clap clap clap* Marvelous :)
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88