Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods

Post by Metalwario64 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:20 pm

Bullza wrote:?
I... don't think you should mention such sites here.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Fizzer
Advanced Regular

Post by Fizzer » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:24 pm

With no other way to see it, I originally found it using a Google search involving the words "battle","of","gods","extended" and "torrent", or something along those lines, and now I've pre-ordered the special edition blu-ray from Manga UK. I suggest you buy the film, but a similar Google search might return something useful if you need to watch it before you're able to buy it.
Last edited by Fizzer on Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:31 pm

I don't see the harm, I bet 99% of the people on this site who watched the movie did so by downloading it without paying a cent. Somebody on here once helped me out by giving me a straight link to download the directors cut of the movie so why not return the favour.

I may have downloaded it but I'll still buy it when it's released.

Fizzer
Advanced Regular

Post by Fizzer » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:37 pm

Bullza wrote:I don't see the harm, I bet 99% of the people on this site who watched the movie did so by downloading it without paying a cent. Somebody on here once helped me out by giving me a straight link to download the directors cut of the movie so why not return the favour.

A lot of us agree with you, and don't see anything immoral about watching it for free as long as you buy it when you can. Forum rules are still forum rules though, and we have to be careful :P

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:38 pm

New_Guy wrote:Anyone know any good websites to watch the directors cut?
Yeah but there's a few steps you'll have to do first depending if you like the English or Japanese voices

Step 1: Wait a few months
Step 2: Go to Amazon.com
Step 3: Look up DBZ Battle of Gods
Step 4: Click order.
Step 5: When package arrives, you can watch it as many times as you'd like

If you prefer the Japanese, skip Step 1.

Have fun watching :D

TheAldella
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheAldella » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:27 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
Yeah but there's a few steps you'll have to do first depending if you like the English or Japanese voices

You can't....um...buy the Director's Cut.
Favorite anime -
Mob Psycho 100
Yu Yu Hakusho

Favorite movies -
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Zack Snyder's Justice League
HybridSaiyan wrote:Super better nail the fusion right. I don't want to see some gay twirling shit like the Zamasu fusion when they should just smack dicks together and merge.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:47 pm

TheAldella wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:

You can't....um...buy the Director's Cut.
Wait, I thought the directors cut was what was shown in theaters, and we're getting the extended version on dvd

KaiserNeko
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by KaiserNeko » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:51 pm

Guys: He's saying, WAIT A COUPLE OF MONTHS FOR THE DVD/BLU-RAY TO COME OUT, THEN BUY IT.

Because the DVD/BLU-RAY IS GOING TO HAVE THE DIRECTOR'S CUT/EXTENDED EDITION (which are essentially the same thing at this point).
Check out TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridged:
http://teamfourstar.com/

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:40 am

Bullza wrote:I don't see the harm, I bet 99% of the people on this site who watched the movie did so by downloading it without paying a cent. Somebody on here once helped me out by giving me a straight link to download the directors cut of the movie so why not return the favour.

Sharing links and files on forums like that can get the owners in a lot of trouble if the wrong people were to see (Or...since it's technically illegal, the "right" people?).
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:04 am

You think 99% of this forum pirated the film? Are you not aware that we here support the franchise by buying the products?

I've got Battle of Gods Japanese LE Blu-ray coming and the Manga UK Collector's Edition BD on pre-order. I'll be skipping FUNimation's release this time.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:18 am

A lot of us agree with you, and don't see anything immoral about watching it for free as long as you buy it when you can.
This is little more than a rationalization to assuage their guilt for taking what doesn't belong to them.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:41 am

This isn't even a conversation, or at least not one to be had on a Kanzenshuu forum whose policies on the matter are beyond obvious. We are incredibly fortunate to be able to pay for the things we want when it comes to DragonBall.

Please, let's move on.

~Da Lemmy
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:47 am

KaiserNeko wrote:Guys: He's saying, WAIT A COUPLE OF MONTHS FOR THE DVD/BLU-RAY TO COME OUT, THEN BUY IT.

Because the DVD/BLU-RAY IS GOING TO HAVE THE DIRECTOR'S CUT/EXTENDED EDITION (which are essentially the same thing at this point).
Yeah, sorry, i should've clarified that better.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:03 pm

You think 99% of this forum pirated the film? Are you not aware that we here support the franchise by buying the products?

Well I'd say at least a good 90% of people on here watched the movie without paying absolutely. Just look at all the people on here who'd seen the movie and were talking about it before it even came out on DVD.

How many people on here have watched the extended version of the movie? A lot, but how when the movie isn't even able to buy? Am I supposed to believe you all watched it on TV in Japan?

Sure a lot of people will go on to buy it just like I will but let's not kid ourselves, you know damn near everybody on here watched the movie online with fansubs the moment it showed up on the internet.

Valerius Dover
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Valerius Dover » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:09 pm

I, for one, have never pirated anything Dragon Ball. I haven't even seen Battle of Gods yet.

But alas, there is a pirate in all of us. I go online for stuff from 4Kids, and by extent, the original versions of those anime. That is simply because, when it comes to anime, I will not support something that is edited. I'll watch it, but I wouldn't pay out of my own pocket for it. Uncut stuff I am glad to support, on the other hand.

Can we please put this discussion down now? This is supposed to about Battle of Gods.
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover

The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:55 pm

Bullza wrote:Well I'd say at least a good 90% of people on here watched the movie without paying absolutely. Just look at all the people on here who'd seen the movie and were talking about it before it even came out on DVD.
You're making up statistics and assuming an incredible amount.

You may wish to refer to posts in this thread on September 13th, 2013 when people received their Japanese "Battle of Gods" limited edition sets priority express on release date and posted up pictures and impressions of the movie.

Please remember where it is you are discussing the series.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:31 pm

I agree. I highly doubt Toei cares if people in other countries download their movies or shows since we're not the show's target audience. They will care more about people in Japan downloading things legally. More people downloading means more money for them since you will have more people buying merchandise. Merchandise sales got to Bandai and Toei as well. Besides Toei never bother going after Anime Labs, Ctenosaur and Neko Productions back in the day for their DB fansubs.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:39 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:I highly doubt Toei cares if people in other countries download their movies or shows since we're not the show's target audience.
Well, since we're talking about Battle of Gods specifically... yes, it absolutely was made with the foreign markets in mind and specifically received government funding to encourage its international distribution/awareness.
Hellspawn28 wrote:Besides Toei never bother going after Anime Labs, Ctenosaur and Neko Productions back in the day for their DB fansubs.
No, they left it to FUNimation. I have a copy of the C&D sent to Ctenosaur.
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:41 pm

September 13th was the date of the DVD release which was followed very quickly by a English sub of the movie that found it's way on Anime sites and Torrents all over the internet. A bunch of people probably bought but a small fraction of the amount of people who watched it online.

Like I said plenty of people here have watched the extended edition of the movie and it wasn't by watching it on TV in Japan.

You really expect people on here to wait?

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:43 pm

Bullza wrote:September 13th was the date of the DVD release which was followed very quickly by a English sub of the movie that found it's way on Anime sites and Torrents all over the internet. A bunch of people probably bought but a small fraction of the amount of people who watched it online.
You're changing your story when presented with evidence to the contrary. And again, we're talking about the Kanzenshuu community, not the larger community outside of the people who frequent this website.
Bullza wrote:Like I said plenty of people here have watched the extended edition of the movie and it wasn't by watching it on TV in Japan.
Have they, or have they simply read all about it here on the site due to the insane levels of documentation we have on it? Done by, mind you, someone who lives in Japan.

I dunno. I'm not willing to make that judgement call.