Battle of Gods getting released on DVD/BD in Spain

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Battle of Gods getting released on DVD/BD in Spain

Post by sangofe » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:36 am

I can't read Spanish, but I understand as much as this is getting a release soon:

UltimateHammerBro
Advanced Regular

Re: Battle of Gods getting released on DVD/BD in Spain

Post by UltimateHammerBro » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:44 am

Yes, that's pretty much what it says, with a few comments on how good the box office was.
There were a few rumors that it might be the longer version, but I didn't see any official source so my guess is that it will be the same theatrical version.
I'm a webcomic artist! Check out http://tapastic.com/series/Hearts

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:52 am

Oh they're using the FUNimation Battle of Gods logo but regarding the Castellano dub, does it exist or what?
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

UltimateHammerBro
Advanced Regular

Post by UltimateHammerBro » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:52 pm

I hadn't noticed about the logo. It's weird, since the Spanish posters left the kanji.
The final poster is identical, only that the title was changed back to English.

And of course there is a Castellano dub (it's weird seeing it written like that). It was a big surprise, because no one expected that they would bring ALL of the original cast.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:57 pm

Glad they made it but from a scale 1 to 10, how good is it?

I'm tempted to purchase for the Castellano dub alone.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

UltimateHammerBro
Advanced Regular

Post by UltimateHammerBro » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:51 pm

Well, the dub of the original series gets a lot of hate, mainly from fans of the Catalan and Mexican Spanish dubs, but I personally rate the BoG dub with a 9,5 (although I want to remind you that I'm far from being neutral in the matter).
Not only is everyone back, but a few of the actors' performances, which were good but not great in the original series, have greatly improved.
I personally add the fact that there was a lot of hype about the dubbing: the VAs themselves made a few vague remarks, then the company announced who'd voice Piccolo, then Bulma, everyone was wondering how many members of the original cast they'd bring back, and then they posted the trailer.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:58 pm

Thanks. That's good enough to make me want to buy it.

Have they decided what the pre-order price will be?
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

UltimateHammerBro
Advanced Regular

Post by UltimateHammerBro » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:22 pm

I don't know yet, but I assume that it'll be around 20 to 25 euros. There will be three editions: DVD, Combo and Collector BluRay.
It will be released in the 20th Barcelona Manga Convention, which goes from October the 30th to November the 2nd. Releases by Selecta Visión tend to be available in regular stores at the same time they're shown in Cons.

overdrive
Not-So-Newbie

Post by overdrive » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:50 am

In octuber will released to rental, or at least, Selecta Vision said it. But is pathetic that they wont release extended version.

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:31 pm

They can't release what they don't have, and Spain got the movie before the extended edition even existed.
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

UltimateHammerBro
Advanced Regular

Post by UltimateHammerBro » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:18 pm

So far, I think that English is the only language the extended version is going to be dubbed to, isn't it? BoG has already been released in other countries and it was the theatrical version. Also, even if they got the rights, I doubt that they would dub the new portions.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:44 pm

UltimateHammerBro wrote:So far, I think that English is the only language the extended version is going to be dubbed to, isn't it? BoG has already been released in other countries and it was the theatrical version. Also, even if they got the rights, I doubt that they would dub the new portions.
Hasn't even been dubbed in France and much less released.

overdrive
Not-So-Newbie

Post by overdrive » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:54 pm

Puto wrote:They can't release what they don't have, and Spain got the movie before the extended edition even existed.
Exactly, they couldn't release that version on cinemas (although in spanish was released in june) but yes on home video. The Director's Cut edition was aired on Japan on March, so they have had enough time to negotiate the rights for that version. Nevertheless, they chose to release an incomplete version of the movie, something very usual in this enterprise...

Selecta Vision has been abusing the fans of the DB franchise since they obteined the tights, always releasing incomplete and defective versions... even in the latest editions released by them, the video is wrongly interlaced, I can say the same with the audio.

Why this way of working? Simple, just to release infinite versions, presumably better than the older one, and exploiting the franchise a lot for an exaggerated price if we think in the quality they offer.

If they could act like professionals, they could have waited to obtain the rights for the extended edition and selling both editions in just a pack, just like Funimation does.

I don't know how works the enterprises that release anime on your country, but Selecta Vision is not worth it

UltimateHammerBro
Advanced Regular

Post by UltimateHammerBro » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:15 pm

I strongly disagree. While the Dragon Ball DVDs aren't the best, the company has made an effort to release them, re-release them, license the movie and get the original cast, when they usually hire a new voice cast in Barcelona (that happened with FMA: Sacred Star of Milos). It was really difficult to get the actors together again (some of which didn't dub anything since the end of DB), and the dub was recorded in March. Even if they had negotiated the rights, it would have been difficult to dub the whole version, while the English dub uses actors which have been dubbing the videogames and Kai really recently and still work for Funimation. I personally prefer having the DVD/BD with a dubbed theatrical version rather than an extended version in which the audio goes back to Japanese in the new scenes. I'd (and probably will) pay for the first one, but not for the second one, since I'm sure will do this and release it online.

The DVDs are nice if you're not a die-hard fan (kinda like Orange Bricks, but with less problems), and since our licensing industry isn't really powerful compared to other countries', I thank them for giving us the whole series on DVD, uncut and uncensored, and also licensing newer anime in a time in which companies don't tend to invest in Japanese animation, or just make awful dubs for it. I'm sure overdrive knows about Jointo's official redub of Elfen Lied, made by -literally- fandubbers, while the company advertised as an improvement because the original one, made by professional VAs and aired on TV, was "low quality". Selecta Vision has been releasing, for instance, Attack on Titan, with a professional dub, as usual.

Could our DB releases be better? Of course they could. But I'm glad we have them, and Selecta Vision is one of the most professional companies nowadays. Some countries don't have even one DVD release.
sangofe wrote:Hasn't even been dubbed in France and much less released.
But France hasn't dubbed the theatrical version either, right? I was talking about countries which had shown the theatrical version, but not the extended cut.
At least the French have the new episodes of Kai.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:35 pm

UltimateHammerBro wrote:I strongly disagree. While the Dragon Ball DVDs aren't the best, the company has made an effort to release them, re-release them, license the movie and get the original cast, when they usually hire a new voice cast in Barcelona (that happened with FMA: Sacred Star of Milos). It was really difficult to get the actors together again (some of which didn't dub anything since the end of DB), and the dub was recorded in March. Even if they had negotiated the rights, it would have been difficult to dub the whole version, while the English dub uses actors which have been dubbing the videogames and Kai really recently and still work for Funimation. I personally prefer having the DVD/BD with a dubbed theatrical version rather than an extended version in which the audio goes back to Japanese in the new scenes. I'd (and probably will) pay for the first one, but not for the second one, since I'm sure will do this and release it online.

The DVDs are nice if you're not a die-hard fan (kinda like Orange Bricks, but with less problems), and since our licensing industry isn't really powerful compared to other countries', I thank them for giving us the whole series on DVD, uncut and uncensored, and also licensing newer anime in a time in which companies don't tend to invest in Japanese animation, or just make awful dubs for it. I'm sure overdrive knows about Jointo's official redub of Elfen Lied, made by -literally- fandubbers, while the company advertised as an improvement because the original one, made by professional VAs and aired on TV, was "low quality". Selecta Vision has been releasing, for instance, Attack on Titan, with a professional dub, as usual.

Could our DB releases be better? Of course they could. But I'm glad we have them, and Selecta Vision is one of the most professional companies nowadays. Some countries don't have even one DVD release.
sangofe wrote:Hasn't even been dubbed in France and much less released.
But France hasn't dubbed the theatrical version either, right? I was talking about countries which had shown the theatrical version, but not the extended cut.
At least the French have the new episodes of Kai.
France has got nothing of Battle of Gods yet.

Raykugen
Regular

Post by Raykugen » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:39 pm

The audio of the series is shit, sorry but it's true, even the audio of TV emissions is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better, they used a lot of filters destroying the audio
Do you want NEW GENERATION DRAGON BALL (Z, GT..) IMAGES? In HQ? Of all characters? Click here: http://daizex.fanboyreview.net/viewtopic.php?t=17178
My Deviantart: http://raykugen.deviantart.com/
Dragon Ball Characters Project Deviantart: http://dbcproject.deviantart.com/

overdrive
Not-So-Newbie

Post by overdrive » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:33 pm

UltimateHammerBro wrote:I strongly disagree. While the Dragon Ball DVDs aren't the best, the company has made an effort to release them, re-release them, license the movie and get the original cast, when they usually hire a new voice cast in Barcelona (that happened with FMA: Sacred Star of Milos). It was really difficult to get the actors together again (some of which didn't dub anything since the end of DB), and the dub was recorded in March. Even if they had negotiated the rights, it would have been difficult to dub the whole version, while the English dub uses actors which have been dubbing the videogames and Kai really recently and still work for Funimation. I personally prefer having the DVD/BD with a dubbed theatrical version rather than an extended version in which the audio goes back to Japanese in the new scenes. I'd (and probably will) pay for the first one, but not for the second one, since I'm sure will do this and release it online.
I dont know nothing about catalan dubbing, however, I can say you that an 80% of merit, of spanish dubbing, is of actors who accept ridiculous economic conditions, just for make happy the fans. I could contrast this information but my source won't let me. I bet you that Selecta will bring later another version with extended footage, for economic eagerness.

Well, I prefer the extended version that have an incomplete work, but I imagine it is to taste.
Please, dont mix things (newer animes) because I can name others animes maltreated (old animes) by Selecta, like: Saint Seiya, Captain Tsubasa, etc... (Audio overfiltering, bad interlaced, ...). Uncut versions edited by Selecta like DBZ, are horrible... sincerely, they urgently need a good audio engineer. They edited censored areas mixing audios with different pitch (pathetic). Other example, the DB audios from Salvat edition are awesome, Selecta edition has removed high frecuencies deleting details. Example (Seem they don't know what is "equalization"):

Selecta version:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/191 ... Avance.mkv

My version based on Salvat audios:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/191 ... Avance.mkv

If I can do it, they should know do it, too. Why?? Because they are a "professional" company or it says.

Did you know Jonu Media, didnt? That was a professional company, or at least, had professional personal.
You are right, at least, Selecta acquired the license, and I thank it, but in which conditions for I feel compelled to buy your product? Perhaps you are happy with what they sell, but I do not spend my money without demanding quality for it. I'm not talking about other countries with worst conditions, I'm talking about the ones with the better ones, I take much to make money to throw it to the rubbish.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:35 pm

You guys know whatever happened to Selecta Visión's Castellano Kai dub? I've been waiting since 2013 but nothing showed up, so I guess it wasn't made. :(
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

UltimateHammerBro
Advanced Regular

Post by UltimateHammerBro » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:09 am

I'm going to quit this discussion, since there's no way one of us is going to convince the other. I think it's better to have the releases we have than non having any, but to each his own. Para gustos, los colores, right? Let's keep this from turning into a two-way debate over a release which 99% of this forum hasn't even heard about.

As for the dubbing (I assume you mean BoG), I don't know, but if the conditiona weren't good, it was up to them to accept, and I'd have understood if they hadn't. After all, I was prepared for a Barcelona cast. I wouldn't have paid to see it in theatres that way, but I'd have accepted it.
dbboxkaifan wrote:You guys know whatever happened to Selecta Visión's Castellano Kai dub? I've been waiting since 2013 but nothing showed up, so I guess it wasn't made. :(
It wasn't. Nowadays, it's not Selecta that has the rights, but Arait Multimedia, and one of the dubbing directors from there told me that nothing was being done with the license.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:21 am

UltimateHammerBro wrote:I'm going to quit this discussion, since there's no way one of us is going to convince the other. I think it's better to have the releases we have than non having any, but to each his own. Para gustos, los colores, right? Let's keep this from turning into a two-way debate over a release which 99% of this forum hasn't even heard about.

As for the dubbing (I assume you mean BoG), I don't know, but if the conditiona weren't good, it was up to them to accept, and I'd have understood if they hadn't. After all, I was prepared for a Barcelona cast. I wouldn't have paid to see it in theatres that way, but I'd have accepted it.
dbboxkaifan wrote:You guys know whatever happened to Selecta Visión's Castellano Kai dub? I've been waiting since 2013 but nothing showed up, so I guess it wasn't made. :(
It wasn't. Nowadays, it's not Selecta that has the rights, but Arait Multimedia, and one of the dubbing directors from there told me that nothing was being done with the license.
What a shame not doing anything with the license...