Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Marco Polo » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:09 pm

Doctor. wrote:It's a different artist, what would you expect?
Congratulations, you've just posted the dumbest post I've read all day. Unless you really think Gogeta Jr invented clean lineart.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:18 pm

Sigh, I'm saying each artist has his own style.

You're blaming Asura for not being Gogeta Jr.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:02 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:Yep, as I thought. He's clearly receiving damage. No idea how Daimao is doing that.
The damage is minimal and it happens because the sound disturbs Gast so much that even his defenses are somewhat shaken. As we all know, if a fighter drops his defenses, even a much weaker fighter can do serious or fatal damage (as seen when Vegeta asked Krillin to hurt him).
Marco Polo wrote:
Look at those sharp, clean lines! Seriously I love this lineart. I can easily imagine seeing that page in a real, printed manga book, unlike the more recent pages.
There's plenty of official mangas with much worse looking art than these last pages of DBM. And there's nothing really wrong with the line art, its just somewhat different than what Gogeta Jr did.

Also, that panel with the audience is clearer because there's not as much detail as there is in the recent panel. Also the people in the earlier panel are unnaturally spread out, which helps make it clearer, but at the cost of looking more artificial.

Last edited by rereboy on Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Regarder
Regular

Post by Regarder » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:18 pm

Marco Polo wrote:
Back when they use to ink the sky and add stars and stuff, incidentally. That was nice. I guess it became too time consuming.

I wouldn't put it past Salagir to go back and tweak stuff like that later (the english translations as well) though, as Malik does for his comic, but that will probably only happen when DBM is finished in this case.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:52 am

Love me some Mass Effect. Would have been interesting to see a Krogan partake in a match.

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:50 pm

FoolsGil wrote:Love me some Mass Effect. Would have been interesting to see a Krogan partake in a match.
Funny, because if they did I know what they would want to wish for. :D

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:22 pm

I love the cameos. It's a multiversal tournament, so anyone can come along to watch the tournament.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:55 pm

Scarz wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:Love me some Mass Effect. Would have been interesting to see a Krogan partake in a match.
Funny, because if they did I know what they would want to wish for. :D
Depends on the person.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:01 pm

Guess for rest of chapter we gonna have break.
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:21 pm

Wow didn't see that coming...
I wonder what the almighty Demon King is going to do now.
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:50 pm

SSJ God Gogeta wrote:Wow didn't see that coming...
I think he's dead. His eyes are all white in the last panel.

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:04 pm

Marco Polo wrote:
Well so much for this being King Piccolo's chapter....
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:53 pm

I doubt he's dead. The white eyes argument has been used in DBM before and the characters turn out to still be alive, so I wouldn't use it as solid evidence here. Maybe KO'd., though it might even be just a reaction to the flick that he'll shake off next panel. Wait and see.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:28 pm

I think Gast knock him out and was playing around this whole time to see how strong he is really is. Speaking of dead characters, I think the ones who have died in the Tournament so far have been:

U6 Bojack
U6 Syd
U6 Zangya
U8 Burter
U8 Salza
U13 Vegeta
U16 Pan
U17 Cell Jr.
U19 Tidar
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:11 pm

lollers, this has been quite an experience, these last couple chapters. :lol:

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:08 am

Marco Polo wrote:
The white eyes was used in BOG twice when Beerus takes out Piccolo and Vegeta with pressure points.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:44 pm

Gast was just preaching to Daimaoh, he showed no desire to kill him despite the Namekian savage being out for blood ( or seemingly so).. So at the most he's knocked out and at the very least he just received a shit load of damage and'll probably kneeling on one knee with blood dripping from his mouth, in typical DBZ fashion.

Which I still have to wonder what level is Gast really on? I wanna say Ultimate Gohan level but I'm not so sure, he could be up there with Vegetto, Bra and "Zen" Boo. Which would make a fight between he and the ladder be pretty interesting. He knows of Boo's regeneration but since they could possibly be on even terms, how would he deal with it this time. Assuming the Tournament gets that far without another Catastrophe.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

TrunksTrevelyan0064
Patreon Supporter

Post by TrunksTrevelyan0064 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:35 pm

goku the krump dancer wrote:Gast was just preaching to Daimaoh, he showed no desire to kill him despite the Namekian savage being out for blood ( or seemingly so).. So at the most he's knocked out and at the very least he just received a shit load of damage and'll probably kneeling on one knee with blood dripping from his mouth, in typical DBZ fashion.

Which I still have to wonder what level is Gast really on? I wanna say Ultimate Gohan level but I'm not so sure, he could be up there with Vegetto, Bra and "Zen" Boo. Which would make a fight between he and the ladder be pretty interesting. He knows of Boo's regeneration but since they could possibly be on even terms, how would he deal with it this time. Assuming the Tournament gets that far without another Catastrophe.
Remember that he managed to put "Zen" Buu completely under his control. Whether that was because of some magic ability or pure power is the question.
Usually goes by "Kevtrev" elsewhere online.
Draws comics that may or may not have been inspired by Akira Toriyama's amazing manga-making skills.

TheOverlyMadHatter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheOverlyMadHatter » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:50 pm

TrunksTrevelyan0064 wrote: Remember that he managed to put "Zen" Buu completely under his control. Whether that was because of some magic ability or pure power is the question.
I'm pretty sure it's due to his magical abilities. Dai Kaioshin was able to reproduce the same feat and he's nowhere near as powerful as Buu is shown to be (at least, in Dragon Ball canon).

King Bardock

Post by King Bardock » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:03 pm

Well that was easy...as expected. The surprise is probably the revival of all the dead competitors.