Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:38 pm

Lord Beerus wrote: Same thing happened to Goku. He got humiliated in combat by Beerus twice in that movie. Hell, since the Freeza Arc Vegeta has actually had a better in combat than Goku has.
Except... not? Goku got embarrassed by Beerus once. I don't think anybody can seriously claim that he didn't put up an excellent fight in the rematch. Vegeta is there to play up on how strong a new villain is and make the inevitable fight between Goku and said villain more dramatic.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:39 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:So some of you'd rather have your 'lolz Freeza' feelings validated rather than get a possibly interesting movie? :? I mean, no offense, but...hell, I'm the biggest Kuririn fan around, but if that (or any other 'lolz let's just have Freeza be a joke in this movie after all this build up info and poster') happened, I'd be disappointed, especially after this is being touted as a 'bigger' film than BOG was.

Not to say I wouldn't be behind this being a mislead though, and Freeza, despite playing a large part, actually has less to do with the main threat than we think.
I don't think this is a mislead because we know almost nothing about Freeza or where the Cold family came from, so there is quite a bit Toriyama can do with that.

Tsufuru
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Tsufuru » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:40 pm

as long as its not a super asspull power up for frieza(if he fights them) I'm happy cuz frieza is my fav villian and i wanted to see him back.
obviously a new villian would be more interessting but come on this got you excited ,too. right?
i mean i wanna see Freeza's reaction and how he gonna do a raditz on krillin.

maybe the two henchmen found something to make frieza stronger something about his race that he didnt knew so the henchmen did researches for years and found something so they go and bring him back to life?
toriyama can do what ever he wants with Freeza's race.
Last edited by Tsufuru on Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:43 pm

DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Freeza was the original Super Saiyan God. :lol:
Next trailer voiceover:

"We told you Freeza was a mutant..."

"...We never told you a mutant of what race!!"

:twisted:
Last edited by Marco Polo on Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:44 pm

Marco Polo wrote:
jjgp1112 wrote:
Marco Polo wrote:It'd be really dumb if this is Gohan. End of Z Gohan's look was consistent with his Super Buu Saga look. I think it's more likely to be Goten.
Gohan's changed his hairstyle a fucktuple amount of times, though. I don't see how it's inconceivable that he changed it again over the course of a decade.
Sure. As I said though, it would be really dumb IMHO because EoZ Gohan and Super Buu Saga Gohan are the same hairstyle except he combed his front bang. Gohan has never reverted to an earlier hairstyle after changing it.
He went back to his Saiyan saga long hair in the Android saga.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:45 pm

Whenever new villains are introduced, I immediately think of how this would make sense with the alternate timelines.

In this movie the henchmen use the Earth Dragonballs to revive Freeza, but wouldn't be able to in the alternate timelines and they would probably be unsuccesful trying to convince a namekian to get their wish granted.
I'd like to think these guys are actually long gone in the alternate timelines and that it was Vegeta, who went out and got rid of the remnants of Freeza's army. In the alternate timelines he wouldn't know about the androids appearing 3 years after Freeza's death, so he could go out and take care of business.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:45 pm

So some of you'd rather have your 'lolz Freeza' feelings validated rather than get a possibly interesting movie? :?
Or, maybe some people, like myself, just wouldn't think of a movie with this premise as interesting.
I mean, no offense, but...hell, I'm the biggest Kuririn fan around, but if that (or any other 'lolz let's just have Freeza be a joke in this movie after all this build up info and poster') happened, I'd be disappointed, especially after this is being touted as a 'bigger' film than BOG was.
I'd love if the film consisted solely of everyone trolling Freeza, just to underline how irrelevant he is. He'll be reduced to making impotent and meaningless threats that everyone laughs off, with Goku and co not even really being angry at him. He'll have a good fight with Yamcha, until Trunks gives him a playful punch on the arm/he touches Buu's pudding/Vegeta flexes/etc., and then he dies.
And then Spongebob will laugh at his pain

That is hilarious! :lol:
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:48 pm

Marco Polo wrote:
Next trailer voiceover:

That. Must. Happen. :clap:

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:49 pm

Marco Polo wrote:
Next trailer voiceover:

Freeza hates the Saiyans cause he actually IS a mutant Saiyan but everyone laughed at him. So he decided to blow gjrn all up. :lol:

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:52 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: Same thing happened to Goku. He got humiliated in combat by Beerus twice in that movie. Hell, since the Freeza Arc Vegeta has actually had a better in combat than Goku has.
Except... not? Goku got embarrassed by Beerus once. I don't think anybody can seriously claim that he didn't put up an excellent fight in the rematch. Vegeta is there to play up on how strong a new villain is and make the inevitable fight between Goku and said villain more dramatic.
Yeah, Goku did put up an excellent fight in the rematch... considering Beerus had to use just a bit more than half of his power and practically tanked everything Goku threw at him. Seriously, there wasn't a scratch on Beerus when the fight was over in comparison to Goku who looked like he had been through the wars.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:54 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Yeah, did put up an excellent fight in the rematch... considering Beerus had to use just a bit more than half of his power and practically tanked everything Goku threw at him. Seriously, there wasn't a scratch on Beerus when the fight was over in comparison to Goku who looked like he had been through the wars.
True, but how is that Goku being humiliated? Goku knew that he was beaten, and acknowledged that. He accepted the loss gracefully, and Beerus acknowledged what a good foe he was. Hell, Beerus's master congratulated Goku on his effort, and offered him Beerus's job!

How, in any way, does that translate into Goku being humiliated?
Last edited by Kamiccolo9 on Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:55 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:
So some of you'd rather have your 'lolz Freeza' feelings validated rather than get a possibly interesting movie? :?
Or, maybe some people, like myself, just wouldn't think of a movie with this premise as interesting.
I mean, no offense, but...hell, I'm the biggest Kuririn fan around, but if that (or any other 'lolz let's just have Freeza be a joke in this movie after all this build up info and poster') happened, I'd be disappointed, especially after this is being touted as a 'bigger' film than BOG was.
I'd love if the film consisted solely of everyone trolling Freeza, just to underline how irrelevant he is. He'll be reduced to making impotent and meaningless threats that everyone laughs off, with Goku and co not even really being angry at him. He'll have a good fight with Yamcha, until Trunks gives him a playful punch on the arm/he touches Buu's pudding/Vegeta flexes/etc., and then he dies.
And then Spongebob will laugh at his pain

That is hilarious! :lol:
Freeza was already reduced to a comic relief villain in filler, and in GT. Even though I'm conflicted about whether or not bringing Freeza back is a good idea, I'm hoping he can at least be a credible threat again, and judging by that aura in the poster, it looks like Freeza will somehow obtain God ki.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:58 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:I'd love if the film consisted solely of everyone trolling Freeza, just to underline how irrelevant he is. He'll be reduced to making impotent and meaningless threats that everyone laughs off, with Goku and co not even really being angry at him.
See, your entire argument falls apart right there. You're either being sarcastic, or you would truly rather watch one big long running joke rather than a movie that, for all you know, could turn out to be good despite the questionable premise. I'd be inclined to think it's the former, but since a lot of your thoughts on things tend to go into the 'lolz this character sucks' territory, I'm inclined to think it's the latter...and that's just sad.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:02 pm

Sad? It's the joke that the Jump special was founded on, and it at least had some enjoyable moments.

I sincerely believe that would be a better premise then "lol God Freeza is maximum" especially when the humour in Battle of Gods was the only thing done right.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:03 pm

I didn't realize I'd read that symbol backwards. Also didn't notice Vegeta's detailed black under armor; it looks nice!
That symbol is something made up then? Curious.
I'm so up for a what-if world caused by the wish though.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:04 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:I'd love if the film consisted solely of everyone trolling Freeza, just to underline how irrelevant he is. He'll be reduced to making impotent and meaningless threats that everyone laughs off, with Goku and co not even really being angry at him.
See, your entire argument falls apart right there. You're either being sarcastic, or you would truly rather watch one big long running joke rather than a movie that, for all you know, could turn out to be good despite the questionable premise. I'd be inclined to think it's the former, but since a lot of your thoughts on things tend to go into the 'lolz this character sucks' territory, I'm inclined to think it's the latter...and that's just sad.
I'm serious. I think that movie could be hilarious. They'd have to play Freeza himself seriously though. In filler, they make him too comedic; the main source of laughs would be how everyone realizes how weak he is except him. He'd be serious and think himself threatening while the kids, the teenage girl, the fat pink man baby, and his former servant all troll him, with the guy that curb-stomped him last time just laughing him off and treating him like a former friend because he's just not worth getting mad at. That would all match the humorous tone that they seem to be going for in BOG and the Jump special.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:06 pm

After my virulent initial reaction, I'm actually into this as long as it explores the backstory and the Vegeta/Frieza dynamic. Lord knows I've written and read enough fanfiction about it, lol.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:06 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote: True, but how is that Goku being humiliated? Goku knew that he was beaten, and acknowledged that. He accepted the loss gracefully, and Beerus acknowledged what a good foe he was. Hell, Beerus's master congratulated Goku on his effort, and offered him Beerus's job!

How, in any way, does that translate into Goku being humiliated?
Because if that happens to any other character it's classified as a humiliating defeat. It's the sort of standard that many DB fans have these days. If you don't absolute own your opponent it battle, than any other outcome is seen as humiliating. I personally find that kind of mindset annoying.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:07 pm

Saiga wrote:Sad? It's the joke that the Jump special was founded on, and it at least had some enjoyable moments.

I sincerely believe that would be a better premise then "lol God Freeza is maximum" especially when the humour in Battle of Gods was the only thing done right.
Not really, though. Freeza was just used as an old measuring bar, he wasn't literally there being shown getting his butt kicked just because, which seems to be what some people are calling for...for some weird reason.

I repeat, we don't know anything about how this is gonna work. It may not even be 'God' Freeza, no one knows yet! And yet, there are people ready to declare this movie as the worst idea ever, without knowing anything about the finer points of the story. An eyebrow quirk reaction is one thing, hell that was my initial first reaction too - but all this biased hate? I just don't get it. At all. And I hope I never will.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:08 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:
Gyt Kaliba wrote:
I'm serious. I think that movie could be hilarious. They'd have to play Freeza himself seriously though. In filler, they make him too comedic; the main source of laughs would be how everyone realizes how weak he is except him. He'd be serious and think himself threatening while the kids, the teenage girl, the fat pink man baby, and his former servant all troll him, with the guy that curb-stomped him last time just laughing him off and treating him like a former friend because he's just not worth getting mad at.
The 2008 special already sort of used that concept, since the villains in that special were established as having been as strong as Freeza. Besides, the idea of devoting the story to having a joke villain may work for a 30 minute special, but for a two hour movie, there's going to have to be some genuine conflict if you ask me.
Last edited by WittyUsername on Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.