Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ImmaDeker
Banned

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread

Post by ImmaDeker » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:37 pm

AjayLikesGaming wrote: Exactly. Bringing back Linda Young would be ridiculous. We're in 2014. Fuck consistency. Choose the best person for the role.
This is only a concern because fans are stupid.

JamesOwnz
Beyond Newbie

Post by JamesOwnz » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:38 pm

Disappointed that is Gohan and not Yamcha in the poster.. but it makes a lot more sense.

Hope Gohan fanboys don't get all pissy when Vegeta is stronger and Gohan is at best 3rd.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:39 pm

Codarik wrote:So since Chris Sabat got a few of the Z actors back in Battle of Gods, wouldn't it make since to bring Linda Young back as Freeza? Since he tries to keep Kai and Z separate and all. I don't see why it would be necessary to break your own rule due to preference, it should be about consistency.
No, thank you. Ayres is magnificent as Freeza. He practically owns that role in English. Lets keep it that way.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:39 pm

ImmaDeker wrote:
AjayLikesGaming wrote: Exactly. Bringing back Linda Young would be ridiculous. We're in 2014. Fuck consistency. Choose the best person for the role.
This is only a concern because fans are stupid.
Going by what Sabat said today on Twitter, it's not even a concern unless some higher up at FUNi dictates it. Can't see that happening so it's probably all but confirmed that Ayres will reprise his role.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:40 pm

Farfetched theory; Goku has magenta lighting behind him; Vegeta has blue lighting behind him; Vegeta gets ssjg with blue hair. Image
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:41 pm

If Ayers did come back as Freeza, it would actually be consistent with Kai in a funny way. They brought back Young for Freeza's laugh in the opening moments of Kai, and then had Ayers take over from there. In the "BoG movie series" if you will, they brought back Young for Freeza's scream in the opening moments of BoG. So, if they had Ayers take over from there, that'd be pretty consistent with Kai-style casting, ironically enough. :lol:
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:41 pm

I'd prefer if the hair remained the same color, but I could see that panning out I guess.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:42 pm

JamesOwnz wrote:Disappointed that is Gohan and not Yamcha in the poster.. but it makes a lot more sense.

Hope Gohan fanboys don't get all pissy when Vegeta is stronger and Gohan is at best 3rd.
Are you new to the internet? :wink:

Stonefallow

Post by Stonefallow » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:42 pm

JamesOwnz wrote:Disappointed that is Gohan and not Yamcha in the poster.. but it makes a lot more sense.

I was actually quite happy for it to be Gohan instead of Yamcha. It's like they're setting it up to be just like the Golden Age

Stonefallow

Post by Stonefallow » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:44 pm

I'm hoping that Vegeta became a God off screen, it's really unnecessary to watch that whole process again. Either that, or he just gets stronger without it.

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:44 pm

Either way, considering what Sabat indicated on Twitter, we now know that if Young does come back, it won't be because Sabat wants that...it'll be because he was handed an order from higher up that he couldn't refuse.
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:47 pm

Oh wow, it's in 3D? 3D usually looks great with animated movies so I'm curious to see how they'll do it with DBZ. This could mean that more CG will be present but I'm fine with that as long as it's only the backgrounds that are CG and not the characters. I loved the part in Battle of Gods where Goku and Beerus were fighting through the City and the camera would be swooping around them as they fought and huge CG buildings would fly past them while they get hit, it looked great and hopefully the fights in this movie will look just as good with the 3D.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:49 pm

Question! Has Toriyama ever used that symbol on Gokû's new gi anywhere else in his other works?
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Codarik
Advanced Regular

Post by Codarik » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:50 pm

Kinda think of it, this would be a great opportunity for Tarble to make an appearance.

SaiyanZ
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyanZ » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:50 pm

Chuquita wrote:Farfetched theory; Goku has magenta lighting behind him; Vegeta has blue lighting behind him; Vegeta gets ssjg with blue hair. Image
I noticed that too lol.

I'm really liking Tagoma's "double" scouter
Tim Duncan is dope and forever.

My favorite anime and manga (characters included): https://myanimelist.net/profile/SaiyanZ?q=SaiyanZ

Eddie
Advanced Regular

Post by Eddie » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:52 pm

SaiyanZ wrote:I'm really liking Tagoma's "double" scouter
All the better to blind both eyes when it inevitably blows up. :P

ChahikoDBZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ChahikoDBZ » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:55 pm

I really hope that's not Gohan. I'm hoping it's Goten. At first I thought it was Yamcha but there's no scar. Either way I'm glad all this garbage about "Battle of Gods 2" and "Evil Son Goku vs Goku as Gods!" can finally stop. I would like to see Freeza interact with Trunks or something. I just got this strange feeling that's killing me about how they'll probably make the mistake of Freeza saying something like "You killed me Goku. Now I'm here to take my revenge." Mirai Trunks had better not be forgotten. The whole idea of Freeza coming back with what seems like a God powers looks pretty badass.
(Fanfiction link coming soon.)

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:55 pm

Eddie wrote:
SaiyanZ wrote:I'm really liking Tagoma's "double" scouter
All the better to blind both eyes when it inevitably blows up. :P
That's what I was thinking! :lol:

Stonefallow

Post by Stonefallow » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:56 pm

I'm calling it, Vegeta will be the one to finally finish off Freeza. Poetic justice.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:00 pm

I want to draw those full outfits of Gokû's and Vegeta's so badly; can't wait until the DB15 site updates with character pages. *_*
Still not 100% sure how I want to abbreviate this movie's title. I'm leaning towards FF though.

I'm betting the site updates on Friday when VJump officially comes out.
Last edited by Chuquita on Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!