Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Low Tone G
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread

Post by Low Tone G » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:22 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Low Tone G wrote:Who is that he? And in what dub, in amine or in the manga? I better believe Freeza's forms were products of his mutation and his midged form with horns was the base. Toriyama stated Cold and Freeza were mutants.
Freeza says it himself, right before he goes into his second form. In the manga.
Chapter: 296 (DBZ 102), P1.3-4
Vegeta: “Among aliens, there are sometimes guys who change their appearance as the need arises…For things like camouflage, or to not deplete their energy…”
Freeza: “In my case it’s different…It’s because my power is too excessive, so that even I can’t properly control it…”
He transforms to better control his power, because it's too great in his normal state.
Chapter: 304 (DBZ 110), P10.5-6
Context: after Dende heals him
Vegeta: “Freeza’s battle power…! So he’s finally shown his true form, huh?...Well, I don’t care if Freeza or anyone else comes at me…! I’ve just now become a Super Saiyan…!”
Vegeta calls this "Freeza's true form."

Ah, I see, thx.
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...

Ryuman
Regular

Post by Ryuman » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:25 pm

Friezacooler wrote:
singsing wrote:
Friezacooler wrote:Dang hopefully he won't get fodderised again, would be nice if freeza wins this time and the other 12 gods get involved for a build up to the new manga serie.
I feel like there's no way in hell AT would ever agree to continue writing/drawing DB. Only if a new author took it on.
He already did it was called db "battle of gods" and he is adding extra continuations wouldn't be surprised if he further adds this as part of the Manga.
That's different though. These are movies, so he only has to write up stories and some designs. With an actual manga series he has constant deadlines of drawing whole panels as well as coming up with the story. He would never do that again on such a scale.

Low Tone G
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Low Tone G » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:28 pm

I can expect a final longer movie about other universes, after this one, but not more.
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:29 pm

Ryuman wrote:That's different though. These are movies, so he only has to write up stories and some designs. With an actual manga series he has constant deadlines of drawing whole panels as well as coming up with the story. He would never do that again on such a scale.
Plus, he's retired as a manga artist anyway.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:33 pm

I'd like for Whis to teach Gokû how to displace walls like Whis did to the plane in BOG. I realize instantaneous movement, but I think it'd still be fun.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:35 pm

Chuquita wrote:I'd like for Whis to teach Gokû how to displace walls like Whis did to the plane in BOG. I realize instantaneous movement, but I think it'd still be fun.

That was a technique?

I thought it was just the glass on Bulma's ship was special in some way.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:36 pm

Man so many pages just from one poster? No wonder the BoG thread has 916 pages lol
Chuquita wrote:I'd like for Whis to teach Gokû how to displace walls like Whis did to the plane in BOG. I realize instantaneous movement, but I think it'd still be fun.
Yeah that was pretty cool, I wonder what else Whis can do?

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:37 pm

About the lack of super saiyans in the poster
Its obvious Freeza will become stronger. Its not like some people are thinking that he will be beaten by one punch like in Fusion Reborn...

But It would be cool if Beerus or Whis locked the super saiyan powers, so things got more interesting and they would have a harder challenge, fighting in their base form.
Something like what Kaioshin did to Gohan in Tenkaichi Budokai.

Beerus was doubting that Base Goku would be able to beat Freeza without a power up. So maybe this a test to know if they are reading for whats coming in the future.
Last edited by FortuneSSJ on Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:38 pm

Meh. Goku has enough techniques that he rarely uses anymore. I don't really want them to add another, fairly useless, one to the mix.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Friezacooler
Regular

Post by Friezacooler » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:49 pm

Doctor. wrote:
About how far into the movie this happens?

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:59 pm

Friezacooler wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
About how far into the movie this happens?
It happens during the fight between Goku and Beerus, when Whis is talking to 18 about ice cream.
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

soulnova
Advanced Regular

Post by soulnova » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:16 pm

You know what... I would have a heart attack if this turns out to be placed somewhere after EoZ and that dogi is because Goku is actually training with Uub. Whis did mention Beerus would take a 3 year "nap", didn't he? Let's think he wakes up and goes to do his destruction work for a couple of additional years without paying no mind to Goku and Co. for a while, enough time for the sequel to start with Pan and Uub's age at EoZ.

:shock:

The only thing that wouldn't check is Krillin's hair in EoZ.... but even then, back in the first promotional poster of BoG, Krillin's looks were totally different than from the movie.
Check out Journey's End, a short story of Goku and Vegeta's final days. "Time is running out for the last two Saiyans"

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:25 pm

soulnova wrote: The only thing that wouldn't check is Krillin's hair in EoZ.... but even then, back in the first promotional poster of BoG, Krillin's looks were totally different than from the movie.
If you're talking about this one , not he wasn't.
The only one that became different in the end was Whis.

Good theory though. If that was the case Krillin should look older anyway. Hope we get the ages right this time.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:43 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:If you're talking about this one , not he wasn't.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:48 pm

soulnova wrote:You know what... I would have a heart attack if this turns out to be placed somewhere after EoZ and that dogi is because Goku is actually training with Uub. Whis did mention Beerus would take a 3 year "nap", didn't he? Let's think he wakes up and goes to do his destruction work for a couple of additional years without paying no mind to Goku and Co. for a while, enough time for the sequel to start with Pan and Uub's age at EoZ.

The only thing that wouldn't check is Krillin's hair in EoZ.... but even then, back in the first promotional poster of BoG, Krillin's looks were totally different than from the movie.
We see Goku post EOZ during Neko Majin.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:49 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:
soulnova wrote:You know what... I would have a heart attack if this turns out to be placed somewhere after EoZ and that dogi is because Goku is actually training with Uub. Whis did mention Beerus would take a 3 year "nap", didn't he? Let's think he wakes up and goes to do his destruction work for a couple of additional years without paying no mind to Goku and Co. for a while, enough time for the sequel to start with Pan and Uub's age at EoZ.

And Frieza is alive in Neko Majin :shock:

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:53 pm

Marco Polo wrote:
KentalSSJ6 wrote:

And Freeza is alive in Neko Majin :shock:
That was Kuriza.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:54 pm

Marco Polo wrote:And Freeza is alive in Neko Majin :shock:
And I still want Kurieza to show up in this film, as well as have "koala" Neko Majin Z vs. "space koala" Sorbet.
SSJ God Gogeta wrote:That was Kuriza.
No, Vegeta works for Freeza in Chapter Z3.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:56 pm

Oh come on! I finally see Battle of gods and now everyone is talking about the next one? Joking but Freeza returns? I'm interested and hyped. I hope manga uk releases the bluray again.

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:01 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
Marco Polo wrote:And Freeza is alive in Neko Majin :shock:
And I still want Kurieza to show up in this film, as well as have "koala" Neko Majin Z vs. "space koala" Sorbet.
SSJ God Gogeta wrote:That was Kuriza.
No, Vegeta works for Freeza in Chapter Z3.
Really?
I'm gonna have to read this stuff again. :lol:
Last edited by SSJ God Gogeta on Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.