"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheDevilsCorpse

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:26 pm

With declining sales for their games being one of their bigger problems, I think it would be a bit foolish of them to abandon the large PS360 installbase for the time being. Maybe after whatever game is next after Xenoverse, they can think about it.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:14 pm

Vegeta'a face in the black and white shot is phenomenal. :lol:

Drev
Beyond Newbie

Post by Drev » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:17 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:With declining sales for their games being one of their bigger problems, I think it would be a bit foolish of them to abandon the large PS360 installbase for the time being. Maybe after whatever game is next after Xenoverse, they can think about it.
Yeah that's the reason. Anyway, they should promote the game seriously, this game has 0 advertising... :?

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:37 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:With declining sales for their games being one of their bigger problems, I think it would be a bit foolish of them to abandon the large PS360 installbase for the time being. Maybe after whatever game is next after Xenoverse, they can think about it.
Digimon: All-Star Rumble looks like shit, it's short and it'll most likely sell poorly during its tiny lifetime (the only people who bought it at launch were a few Digimon fans and that's about it, I'd guess) so it'd have been wise of Bandai to have released a current-gen version of the game PLUS with the original Butterfly theme song of Digimon (it is All-Star after all).

So while 360/PS3 will last until 2015-16 the support of third parties will begin to die out in which they'll solely focus on the current-gen consoles as it's for the best too. It's about time last-gen ports commence to be cancelled altogether (Dying Light was because they admitted the last-gen consoles holding the development back as such could be the case for Xenoverse PS4/PC/XO too) and hell, Shadow of Mordor for 360/PS3 would have been better of if it didn't exist.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

CashmanX
Patreon Supporter

Post by CashmanX » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:33 pm

A new Xenoverse ad aired during Kai showing off some cutscenes and Lord do they look nice. Did anyone manage to capture that?
olympia wrote: 21:28 why are we still talking about the emails
21:29 who gives a fuck
21:29 shut the fuck up trunks
21:29 * mean trump

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:04 pm

They're gonna speed up the movement speed right? Cause I swear I think someone can ride a bike faster than they're flying around. I hope the final product increases the speed to at least Raging Blast level or faster.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:28 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:Digimon: All-Star Rumble looks like shit, it's short and it'll most likely sell poorly during its tiny lifetime (the only people who bought it at launch were a few Digimon fans and that's about it, I'd guess) so it'd have been wise of Bandai to have released a current-gen version of the game PLUS with the original Butterfly theme song of Digimon (it is All-Star after all).

So while 360/PS3 will last until 2015-16 the support of third parties will begin to die out in which they'll solely focus on the current-gen consoles as it's for the best too. It's about time last-gen ports commence to be cancelled altogether (Dying Light was because they admitted the last-gen consoles holding the development back as such could be the case for Xenoverse PS4/PC/XO too) and hell, Shadow of Mordor for 360/PS3 would have been better of if it didn't exist.
Dragon Ball is not Digimon. It is also not a AAA title/franchise. I doubt they even care if the last generation of systems are holding back development in regards to Dragon Ball. Bandai Namco is in the DB game market for the sole reason of making money. If they REALLY cared about making a great game, they'd have changed their strategies by now, and they really haven't so far. Xenoverse is looking to have promise, but Dimps brought them the idea. That doesn't say much to Bandai Namco other than the fact that they realized someone else had a good idea.

We're talking ~200 million combined PS360 owners (with DBZ games still not breaking a million in recent years) compared to the ~20 million PS4/XBone owners. Not knowing how many of the customer that are supporting them have made the transition to the current systems could lead to them shooting themselves in the foot. I can guarantee you they'll be looking at Xenoverse's sales numbers before they make any decisions, but for right now, I don't think the generational shift would be in their favor as a business.

kidtrunksssj
Beyond Newbie

Post by kidtrunksssj » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:47 pm

CashmanX wrote:A new Xenoverse ad aired during Kai showing off some cutscenes and Lord do they look nice. Did anyone manage to capture that?
Were?
“Too much FANTASY loses REALITY, too much HOPE may seem somehow EMPTY.”
Akira Toriyama

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:58 pm

After Burst Limit, we had DBZ games on the next gen system in 2009 - current. I think XV will be the last DBZ game on the PS3 and 360 then they will move on to next gen systems. I think it's time to move on next gen folks. You guys had until 2019 or 2020 when the PS5 comes out. I got a Gamecube in 2002, PS2 in 2003, Xbox in 2005, Wii in 2006, 360 in 2007 and PS3 in 2008. 2015 will likely be the last major year for the last gen titles then the only games will come out for the PS3 and 360 are Japanese only games, cheap movie license games and sports games.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

American Pelican
Not-So-Newbie

Post by American Pelican » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:52 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:We're talking ~200 million combined PS360 owners
Probably closer to 100 million, total sales are only 160-170 million combined and that doesn't count broken/shelved consoles etc.
Beat it! And take your planet with you!

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:08 pm

American Pelican wrote:
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:We're talking ~200 million combined PS360 owners
Probably closer to 100 million, total sales are only 160-170 million combined and that doesn't count broken/shelved consoles etc.
I know. I was rounding up based on total sold, the same way I did for PS4 and XBone, since they aren't really at 20 million yet either.

donkeyjack
Beyond Newbie

Post by donkeyjack » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:34 am

dbboxkaifan wrote:
Digimon: All-Star Rumble looks like shit, it's short and it'll most likely sell poorly during its tiny lifetime (the only people who bought it at launch were a few Digimon fans and that's about it, I'd guess) so it'd have been wise of Bandai to have released a current-gen version of the game PLUS with the original Butterfly theme song of Digimon (it is All-Star after all).

I been said this. To hell with the last gen consoles.

Zenkashuu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zenkashuu » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:55 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
dbboxkaifan wrote:Digimon: All-Star Rumble looks like shit, it's short and it'll most likely sell poorly during its tiny lifetime (the only people who bought it at launch were a few Digimon fans and that's about it, I'd guess) so it'd have been wise of Bandai to have released a current-gen version of the game PLUS with the original Butterfly theme song of Digimon (it is All-Star after all).

Dragon Ball is not Digimon. It is also not a AAA title/franchise. I doubt they even care if the last generation of systems are holding back development in regards to Dragon Ball. Bandai Namco is in the DB game market for the sole reason of making money. If they REALLY cared about making a great game, they'd have changed their strategies by now, and they really haven't so far. Xenoverse is looking to have promise, but Dimps brought them the idea. That doesn't say much to Bandai Namco other than the fact that they realized someone else had a good idea.

We're talking ~200 million combined PS360 owners (with DBZ games still not breaking a million in recent years) compared to the ~20 million PS4/XBone owners. Not knowing how many of the customer that are supporting them have made the transition to the current systems could lead to them shooting themselves in the foot. I can guarantee you they'll be looking at Xenoverse's sales numbers before they make any decisions, but for right now, I don't think the generational shift would be in their favor as a business.
How many of these 200m users are still active? Cross-gen games have shown us the opposite, their 'next-gen' version sold better (see Watch_Dogs, WTNO etc). On the other hand, this is an anime title, so it's more safe for Namco to release it on both but I believe PS4/XBO version will have a fair cut.

DongHyun
Beyond Newbie

Post by DongHyun » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:20 pm

http://ruliweb.daum.net/news/view/66966.daum

G-star 2014 Busan in korea

Dragon ball xenoverse

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:44 pm

DongHyun wrote:http://ruliweb.daum.net/news/view/66966.daum

G-star 2014 Busan in korea

Dragon ball xenoverse
I still can't get over how awesome the game looks on the PS4. :thumbup:

Piccolo's combos look crazy! :o

I also love how your created characters have their own original combos.

My excitement levels for Xenoverse have increased. :P

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:10 pm

To me it looks the same as last gen, probably with better resolution tough.
So, the characters don't have any intros and victory poses?
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

BlackCatScott
Regular

Post by BlackCatScott » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:38 pm

Do we have any idea how many more characters are yet to be announced? I know this is a new game so we probably shouldn't expect an absolutely huge list, like say Budokai Tenkaichi 3. At this stage though we've had that many DBZ games I'm hoping they include as many as possible.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:13 pm

BlackCatScott wrote:Do we have any idea how many more characters are yet to be announced? I know this is a new game so we probably shouldn't expect an absolutely huge list, like say Budokai Tenkaichi 3. At this stage though we've had that many DBZ games I'm hoping they include as many as possible.
Maybe around 25 with what we currently know aren't officially announced (and counting anything that's not a SS, SS2 or SS3 transformation as a separate character)?
Could be less though if some of the characters in the first data mine weren't playable?
Or could be more because we just had a new reveal for Kyui, 16 and Janenba, who weren't in the first mining.

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:16 pm

I got all the characters I wanted so I'm fine, I don't really know anyone else of importance they can add.

So far the list of characters are:
I think it's pretty good so far.
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

SSJ6Goku
Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJ6Goku » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:25 pm

that's a good list, I would be happy with that. it would be nice if they threw in an SSG Vegeta. I'd pay for it if it was DLC