"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheDevilsCorpse

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:34 pm

What's been announced and mined so far has been a bit better than I expected, but not exactly what I wanted. So far, the main characters I'd be wishing to have added (if they aren't already) would be the ones listed below. I'd be extremely content with the roster if they made the cut. Would leave a potential Xenoverse 2 open for lot's of good expansion, instead of just filling in these kinds of gaps:

Chaozu, Dodoria, #19, #20, Dabra, Zarbon (Base and Monster, however the want to do it), Freeza (2nd and 3rd forms), Mecha Freeza (Could be a costume already since his transformations seem to be separate), Cell (Imperfect and Semiperfect forms), Vegeta ("Majin", though maybe it's a costume this time or something?), Evil Buu (Gohan, Gotenks and maybe a Piccolo absorption since this is Dimps)

If they want to surprise me with something I'm not really expecting, I'd takes SS Bardock, Chilled, Cold and the Coola forms. xD
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

ChahikoDBZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ChahikoDBZ » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:18 pm

I want to see Gine in this game so bad. Even if she was a DLC I'd grab it the second it was released. She's my favorite female DB character despite her only being in a bonus chapter of a spin-off manga. I really love her design and would like to see more of her especially in a game.
(Fanfiction link coming soon.)

Shinnin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shinnin » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:51 am

Site's been updated. http://dbx.bngames.net/special/

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:06 am

The game looks damn good on PS4! 8)
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:10 am

So what's the deal with Jaco and Roshi, are they JPN exclusive?
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:28 am

So we have SSj4 but no GT villains. Feels pretty random if you ask me. If Gogeta, he can work on his own without Janemba since you can have him fight Buu or Broli (Ugh) instead.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

P5BLDV
Not-So-Newbie

Post by P5BLDV » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:50 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:So we have SSj4 but no GT villains. Feels pretty random if you ask me. If Gogeta, he can work on his own without Janemba since you can have him fight Buu or Broli (Ugh) instead.
Bebi Vegeta, Super 17, Eis, Nova & Syn/Omega were found in the datamine. Be patient.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:49 am

SSJ God Gogeta wrote:So what's the deal with Jaco and Roshi, are they JPN exclusive?
Jaco is currently an alternate form of "DLC" (magazine code) only scheduled to be available in Japan right now (the US update alongside V-Jump didn't mention him). Roshi was never said to be in the game. The V-Jump scan mentioned Roshi customization stuff, not playable character as it did with Jaco.
P5BLDV wrote:Bebi Vegeta, Super 17, Eis, Nova & Syn/Omega were found in the datamine. Be patient.
The dataminers assumed it was Bebi Vegeta because of the character's file name code. But the last V-Jump release throws that into question, because Ozaru Bardock also fits that code...
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:49 am

sometimes you just need a break. :lol:

Dragonball Xenoverse - Take a break every hour (Goku version)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JI4wtb- ... icoilY_lBQ
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:14 am

SSJ God Gogeta wrote:sometimes you just need a break. :lol:

Dragonball Xenoverse - Take a break every hour (Goku version)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JI4wtb- ... icoilY_lBQ
I promise nothing.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

radrappy
Beyond Newbie

Post by radrappy » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:35 am

SSJ God Gogeta wrote:So what's the deal with Jaco and Roshi, are they JPN exclusive?
From the looks of it, Jaco is a playable character and Roshi is just a "character customize". So his clothes maybe?

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:46 am

Jaco is currently listed only on the Japanese side of things, but there's a good chance we'll get him here too, right? I mean, we've gotten the manga digitally and will be getting it's print version in January; we never even got the Jump special and that didn't make them cut Table from Raging Blast 2. So there's really no reason for them not to give us that character too...right?
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Drev
Beyond Newbie

Post by Drev » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:13 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:Jaco is currently listed only on the Japanese side of things, but there's a good chance we'll get him here too, right? I mean, we've gotten the manga digitally and will be getting it's print version in January; we never even got the Jump special and that didn't make them cut Table from Raging Blast 2. So there's really no reason for them not to give us that character too...right?
Yeah, I don't think they will leave them out, Tarble wasn't cut from rb2 in usa/eur, so probably they will do the same thing for xenoverse. The only thing we will not get will be the dragon ball heroes card obviously, because dragon ball heroes arcade is japan only, but I think we will get every digital content japanese will have :)

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:03 pm

EXBadguy wrote:The game looks damn good on PS4! 8)
Source?

If it's this video it's hard to tell how good it is due to YouTube's compression.
Drev wrote:but I think we will get every digital content japanese will have :)
Possibly except the music if they're going to have a mix of a new composer + synthesised Kikuchi tracks.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:05 pm

Possibly except the music if they're going to have a mix of a new composer + synthesised Kikuchi tracks.[/quote]
Didn't dimps say that all countries will get the same ost remember no dimps dbz game has had kikuchi
PSN SonGoku325
DeviantArt http://narut6228.deviantart.com/

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:09 pm

Naruto6583 wrote:Didn't dimps say that all countries will get the same ost remember no dimps dbz game has had kikuchi
The old Dimps DBZ games were all handled by Kenji Yamamoto and since he's unfortunately fired there's a likely chance Kikuchi's synthesised tracks could be included as this is more than just a Dimps game, it's a 3D DBZ game similar to Tenkaichi/RB but far superior.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:11 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:
Naruto6583 wrote:Didn't dimps say that all countries will get the same ost remember no dimps dbz game has had kikuchi
The old Dimps DBZ games were all handled by Kenji Yamamoto and since he's unfortunately fired there's a likely chance Kikuchi's synthesised tracks could be included as this is more than just a Dimps game, it's a 3D DBZ game similar to Tenkaichi/RB but far superior.
well we just have to see I'm curious on what the openings gonna be
PSN SonGoku325
DeviantArt http://narut6228.deviantart.com/

SergioM3

Post by SergioM3 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:08 pm

Hey guys ;)

I'm glad to finally be able to join kanzenshuu forum :) It took the admins over 2 weeks to aprove the registration :(
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
DonieZ wrote:Hey, you'd never guess who I've bumped to. Lo and behold... Wait for it.. His highness Treevax himself! Hey where'd he go..?
Is it possible for you to be certain? Because I've seen like 3 totally different SergioM3 (the guy who data mined the beta) characters. xD
Really? Where was that you've seen 3 SergioM3?
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
P5BLDV wrote:Bebi Vegeta, Super 17, Eis, Nova & Syn/Omega were found in the datamine. Be patient.
The dataminers assumed it was Bebi Vegeta because of the character's file name code. But the last V-Jump release throws that into question, because Ozaru Bardock also fits that code...
Very true :)

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:26 pm

Great to have you here Sergio :mrgreen: :clap: :D

In the files you have is there anything about Zarbon,Dadoria,Dabura,#19 and #20 ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

SergioM3

Post by SergioM3 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:39 pm

sintzu wrote:Great to have you here Sergio :mrgreen: :clap: :D

In the files you have is there anything about Zarbon,Dadoria,Dabura,#19 and #20 ?
:wink:

No I don't remember to find anything about those... If I saw any, I just didn't notice them :S