"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

supersaiyan DbZ fan
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by supersaiyan DbZ fan » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:21 pm

Shinnin wrote:
supersaiyan DbZ fan wrote:Hey guys, recently I preordered far cry 4. So my Preorder incentive code was emailed to me but didn't work.
I'm wondering if the pre order costumes+ss4 vegeta Codes of Xenoverse will be emailed to us or will it be in the game box?
Has anyone pre ordered battle of z ? If so could you tell if the codes were in the box or otherwise.
Thanks.
The pre-order codes were emailed.
where did you have to input the codes?
(For far cry 4 I was told to put the codes on the ubisoft website)
I'm a bit worried that my retailer might be a bit dodgy
Thanks
Someone hit me up when Krillin, Tien, Yamcha, Chiaotzu :lolno:, Goten, Buu, and Gohan :!: :!: :!: become relevant again :?

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:55 pm

SergioM3 wrote:
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Is it possible for you to be certain? Because I've seen like 3 totally different SergioM3 (the guy who data mined the beta) characters. xD
Really? Where was that you've seen 3 SergioM3?
In the beta/network test/whatever you want to call it. It's been a while, but I seem to remember like three different characters running around with the name (one of them being the one I've seen on your channel). But unless you kept switching characters, they wouldn't have all been you.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Thanos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Thanos » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:56 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:Jaco is currently listed only on the Japanese side of things, but there's a good chance we'll get him here too, right? I mean, we've gotten the manga digitally and will be getting it's print version in January; we never even got the Jump special and that didn't make them cut Table from Raging Blast 2. So there's really no reason for them not to give us that character too...right?
I don't see them omitting the code, to be honest. Besides, when was the last time something like this happened?
Thanos before Thanos was cool.

SergioM3

Post by SergioM3 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:58 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
SergioM3 wrote:
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Is it possible for you to be certain? Because I've seen like 3 totally different SergioM3 (the guy who data mined the beta) characters. xD
Really? Where was that you've seen 3 SergioM3?
In the beta/network test/whatever you want to call it. It's been a while, but I seem to remember like three different characters running around with the name (one of them being the one I've seen on your channel). But unless you kept switching characters, they wouldn't have all been you.
Hmm, I actually had 3 characters, one for each version of the beta...
All of the CaC were named SergioM3 But my PSN should be Dakilla_"Something" Depending on which version :) so If that wasn't the case then it wasn't me

:)

SergioM3

Post by SergioM3 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:04 pm

Thanos wrote:
Gyt Kaliba wrote:Jaco is currently listed only on the Japanese side of things, but there's a good chance we'll get him here too, right? I mean, we've gotten the manga digitally and will be getting it's print version in January; we never even got the Jump special and that didn't make them cut Table from Raging Blast 2. So there's really no reason for them not to give us that character too...right?
I don't see them omitting the code, to be honest. Besides, when was the last time something like this happened?
You will have the character in your game almost everytime regardless if you purchased the DLC or not...
This is mostly because you need to have the character's code to play against someone who purchased the DLC. The correct way to do it would be to have the DLC on a cloud and have the players access it whenever at least one of the players choses the DLC character...the problem is that they rarely do that!

I'm guessing the reason for that is connectivity issues...with loading and all! Picture if everytime you started a match you'd have to download like 100MB of Data! It wouldn't work!

So, summing up, you will most likely have characters like jaco and SS4 vegeta hidden in the filesystem regardless if you purchased the DLC or not :P

Drev
Beyond Newbie

Post by Drev » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:15 pm

SergioM3 wrote:
Thanos wrote:
You will have the character in your game almost everytime regardless if you purchased the DLC or not...
This is mostly because you need to have the character's code to play against someone who purchased the DLC. The correct way to do it would be to have the DLC on a cloud and have the players access it whenever at least one of the players choses the DLC character...the problem is that they rarely do that!

I'm guessing the reason for that is connectivity issues...with loading and all! Picture if everytime you started a match you'd have to download like 100MB of Data! It wouldn't work!

So, summing up, you will most likely have characters like jaco and SS4 vegeta hidden in the filesystem regardless if you purchased the DLC or not :P
Cloud is not reliable enough yet, so I think they will be on-disc DLC and to be downloaded as soon as they get released, like other games :P

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:32 pm

SergioM3 wrote:So, summing up, you will most likely have characters like jaco and SS4 vegeta hidden in the filesystem regardless if you purchased the DLC or not :P
What about using a savefile would it unlock the characters by resigning it to your profile, for example, did it work for Battle of Z?

This on-disc DLC is total bullshit because if they want to make it DLC then do so but don't have it already on the disc it loses all of its sense being Downloadable Content as you're just unlocking what you already own. It's not going to do Bandai any good if anything people will complain about it.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Shinnin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shinnin » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:38 pm

supersaiyan DbZ fan wrote:
Shinnin wrote:
supersaiyan DbZ fan wrote:Hey guys, recently I preordered far cry 4. So my Preorder incentive code was emailed to me but didn't work.
I'm wondering if the pre order costumes+ss4 vegeta Codes of Xenoverse will be emailed to us or will it be in the game box?
Has anyone pre ordered battle of z ? If so could you tell if the codes were in the box or otherwise.
Thanks.
The pre-order codes were emailed.
where did you have to input the codes?
(For far cry 4 I was told to put the codes on the ubisoft website)
I'm a bit worried that my retailer might be a bit dodgy
Thanks
For PSN, enter the code where it says "Redeem Codes." Not sure how it works on Xbox though.

cesarcoronel07
Beyond Newbie

Post by cesarcoronel07 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:04 pm

Do you guys know when we might get new info, all of this news has been very satisfying especially BOG characters confirmed and Oozaru battles implemented in the game! Everything else looks very good, from graphics to gameplay :thumbup: , but anyways, I just want SS4 Gogeta confirmed and i'm good... :D

SergioM3

Post by SergioM3 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:14 pm

cesarcoronel07 wrote:Do you guys know when we might get new info, all of this news has been very satisfying especially BOG characters confirmed and Oozaru battles implemented in the game! Everything else looks very good, from graphics to gameplay :thumbup: , but anyways, I just want SS4 Gogeta confirmed and i'm good... :D
I'm going to Comic Con Portugal which is from 5th to 7th December! I'm not sure if Namco will have a booth with a demo there, but if they do and I can muster the courage I will ask them for a code to get that demo :P (which is very unlikely) and if they give it to me Imma hack the crap out of it ehe
dbboxkaifan wrote:
SergioM3 wrote:So, summing up, you will most likely have characters like jaco and SS4 vegeta hidden in the filesystem regardless if you purchased the DLC or not :P
What about using a savefile would it unlock the characters by resigning it to your profile, for example, did it work for Battle of Z?

This on-disc DLC is total bullshit because if they want to make it DLC then do so but don't have it already on the disc it loses all of its sense being Downloadable Content as you're just unlocking what you already own. It's not going to do Bandai any good if anything people will complain about it.
I don't really know if that might work, but theoretically it should... I never tried with BoZ though!
Anyways, I already know how to edit the save files for XV so when it comes out I'll try it really quick... and hopefully I will get the game a couple weeks early :P
(too bad I couldn't figure out how to edit the save files before the beta ended, if I had I would have a lot more information to go around xD )

cesarcoronel07
Beyond Newbie

Post by cesarcoronel07 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:58 pm

SergioM3 wrote:
cesarcoronel07 wrote:Do you guys know when we might get new info, all of this news has been very satisfying especially BOG characters confirmed and Oozaru battles implemented in the game! Everything else looks very good, from graphics to gameplay :thumbup: , but anyways, I just want SS4 Gogeta confirmed and i'm good... :D
I'm going to Comic Con Portugal which is from 5th to 7th December! I'm not sure if Namco will have a booth with a demo there, but if they do and I can muster the courage I will ask them for a code to get that demo :P (which is very unlikely) and if they give it to me Imma hack the crap out of it ehe
dbboxkaifan wrote:

I don't really know if that might work, but theoretically it should... I never tried with BoZ though!
Anyways, I already know how to edit the save files for XV so when it comes out I'll try it really quick... and hopefully I will get the game a couple weeks early :P
(too bad I couldn't figure out how to edit the save files before the beta ended, if I had I would have a lot more information to go around xD )
Wow that's awesome man, I hope you get the code :o

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:08 pm

Have any screenshots surfaced for XV's ssjg Gokû model? I saw Beerus and Whis.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:10 pm

Chuquita wrote:Have any screenshots surfaced for XV's ssjg Gokû model? I saw Beerus and Whis.
He's not officially confirmed to be in.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:18 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
Chuquita wrote:Have any screenshots surfaced for XV's ssjg Gokû model? I saw Beerus and Whis.
He's not officially confirmed to be in.
Understood. Thank you.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:29 pm

SergioM3 wrote:I'm going to Comic Con Portugal which is from 5th to 7th December! I'm not sure if Namco will have a booth with a demo there, but if they do and I can muster the courage I will ask them for a code to get that demo :P (which is very unlikely) and if they give it to me Imma hack the crap out of it ehe
Awesome, I'm going too. Wait, you are Portuguese as well?
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

P5BLDV
Not-So-Newbie

Post by P5BLDV » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:50 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbPCxJnva60

Command list showcase feat. female saiyan/human created character. It isn't much but its something.

kbrooksgohan
Beyond Newbie

Post by kbrooksgohan » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:00 am

That list doesn't even begin to show all the combo capabilities.

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:04 am

I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:19 am

DarkPrince_92 wrote:New quick commercial. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLmKuTm7_ko
So fast :shock:
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

P5BLDV
Not-So-Newbie

Post by P5BLDV » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:36 am

kbrooksgohan wrote:That list doesn't even begin to show all the combo capabilities.
Yeah, that's obvious. He's just showing off the basic commands. He doesn't actually try to put anything together. This vid basically shows people that the game has 2 attack buttons and is infact nothing like BoZ.