The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:13 pm

USSJ Future Trunks (No speed loss) vs. SSJ Kid Trunks (pre-rosat) or (post-rosat)

Eternal Super Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Eternal Super Saiyan » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:16 pm

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:USSJ Future Trunks (No speed loss) vs. SSJ Kid Trunks (pre-rosat) or (post-rosat)
I think there's a pretty good gap between these characters. Considering Ultra Trunks was about on par with 50% Perfect Cell. (Cell admits Trunks surpasses his own strength but still wins because he's faster)

I think SSJ Kid Trunks is weaker than Semi-Perfect Cell but stronger than #17. Right in the middle. Same for Goten.
"Lord Beers, what are those?? Do they taste like root beer?" ~ Goku

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:17 pm

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:USSJ Future Trunks (No speed loss) vs. SSJ Kid Trunks (pre-rosat) or (post-rosat)
Kid Trunks pounds him into the ground.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:28 pm

MSSJ Goten [post-rosat] vs. MSSJ Goku [CG]

Darkron2151
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Darkron2151 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:45 pm

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:MSSJ Goten [post-rosat] vs. MSSJ Goku [CG]
Goku wins with significant difficulty. Mostly due to experience. Power-wise, they're about even IMO.

Eternal Super Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Eternal Super Saiyan » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:05 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:
I realize most of this is opinion-based. But I want to question what makes Kid Trunks far superior to Ultra SSJ Future Trunks?
All we know about the kids is that they are definitely stronger than the Androids, and maybe stronger than #16. But there's not much else to go off of here.
Future Trunks is probably 5-6x stronger than either #18 or #17. So that is quite a jump between A and B, Kid Trunks could easily land somewhere between these two power levels. And let's not forget about the Gotenks Fusion. This fusion would seem too high if Kid Trunks is like 3 billion in SSJ. :P

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:19 pm

Eternal Super Saiyan wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
I realize most of this is opinion-based. But I want to question what makes Kid Trunks far superior to Ultra SSJ Future Trunks?
All we know about the kids is that they are definitely stronger than the Androids, and maybe stronger than #16. But there's not much else to go off of here.
Future Trunks is probably 5-6x stronger than either #18 or #17. So that is quite a jump between A and B, Kid Trunks could easily land somewhere between these two power levels. And let's not forget about the Gotenks Fusion. This fusion would seem too high if Kid Trunks is like 3 billion in SSJ. :P
Trunks and Gohan were able to give some trouble to Vegeta and Gohan during their sparring sessions, which would not have been possible if they were that much weaker.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Eternal Super Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Eternal Super Saiyan » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:29 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote: Trunks and Gohan were able to give some trouble to Vegeta and Gohan during their sparring sessions, which would not have been possible if they were that much weaker.
Gohan was holding back on Goten, he even stated doing so. Using only a portion of his full power.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:02 pm

Eternal Super Saiyan wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote: Trunks and Gohan were able to give some trouble to Vegeta and Gohan during their sparring sessions, which would not have been possible if they were that much weaker.
Gohan was holding back on Goten, he even stated doing so. Using only a portion of his full power.
He was sweating and obviously exerting effort, so I'm gonna have to see some proof.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:30 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:SSJ3 Goku vs SSJ Gotenks (No time limit on transformations or fusion)
Fat Buu w/o Pure Boo vs Dabra
SS2 Goku can defeat SS Gotenks if he avoids the ghosts' technique.
Fat Buu turns Dabra into chocolate again.
SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:SS Gotenks [post] vs. Super Janemba
Even Fat Janemba could defeat SS Gotenks with his reality-warping techniques and with a bunch of ki blasts shoot from his belly.
With speed loss, Future Trunks would basically tank all Kid Trunks attacks. With no speed loss the Ultra Super Saiyan would wipe the floor with his kid counterpart.
SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:MSSJ Goten [post-rosat] vs. MSSJ Goku [CG]
I doubt SS Goten is even on Piccolo's level, let alone SS Goku's.

Eternal Super Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Eternal Super Saiyan » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:34 pm

Buu Saga Piccolo should be stronger than the kids. 7 years before this, he was already superior to the Ascended SSJ's (before their 2nd visit to the Hyperbolic Time Chamber).
Stack 7 years of good training on top of that, he should be just under Gohan's power. Piccolo didn't sit on a sofa and eat chips the whole time :D

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:39 pm

Goten and Trunks are underrated..

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:57 pm

SSJ3 Goku vs SSJ Gotenks (No time limit on transformations or fusion)

Fat Buu w/o Pure Boo vs Dabra
Goku would probably get killed by Gotenks' ghosts. I think he's noticeably stronger, but the ghosts are too stronk and without prior knowledge of them, he wouldn't necessarily know not to let them touch him at all. Then again, Vegetto somehow knew what to do without actually seeing the technique...

Any form of Boo would waste Dabra.
SS Gotenks [post] vs. Super Janemba
Janemba crushes him.
USSJ Future Trunks (No speed loss) vs. SSJ Kid Trunks (pre-rosat) or (post-rosat)
Kid Trunks wins, for sure.
MSSJ Goten [post-rosat] vs. MSSJ Goku [CG]
Goku wins, most likely. I think he'd have a significant advantage over Goten, although I'm not sure if he could give Boo Arc Gohan the same workout... eh, right now I have Goten at a weaker level than Goku. He's obviously more skilled and experienced, to boot.

I'd definitely say that Goten/Trunks are stronger than Piccolo. There's no evidence in favour of Big Green.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Darkron2151
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Darkron2151 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:39 am

It's been a while since I last gave some Match-Ups, so let's do this.
  • Super Saiyan Trunks (EOZ) vs. East Kaioshin (Buu Arc)

Hypothetical Kaio-Ken x20 Piccolo (Buu Arc) vs. Super Saiyan 3 Goku (Buu Arc/Alive)

Yamshinhan (Yamcha/Tenshinhan Potara Fusion :| ) (Cell Saga) vs. 100% Fourth (True) Form Freeza

100% Fourth (True) Form Coozer (Cooler/Freeza Potara Fusion :| ) vs. Super Saiyan Vegetto (Freeza Saga)

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:44 am

Darkron2151 wrote:It's been a while since I last gave some Match-Ups, so let's do this.

Hypothetical Kaio-Ken x20 Piccolo (Buu Arc) vs. Super Saiyan 3 Goku (Buu Arc/Alive)

Yamshinhan (Yamcha/Tenshinhan Potara Fusion :| ) (Cell Saga) vs. 100% Fourth (True) Form Freeza

100% Fourth (True) Form Coozer (Cooler/Freeza Potara Fusion :| ) vs. Super Saiyan Vegetto (Freeza Saga)
1. EoZ SS Trunks >= SS Teen Gohan >>> Kaioshin

2. Goku stomps

3. Probably Yamshinhan, a kikoho from him would one-shot Freeza

4. If you consider Goku and Vegeta rivals, probably Vegetto

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:45 am

Might've done this before, but;

Base Vegetto vs. Super Saiyan 3 Gogeta (no strain)

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:47 am

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:Might've done this before, but;

Vegetto would himself have to be an SS3 to beat SS3 Gogeta.

Darkron2151
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Darkron2151 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:57 am

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:Might've done this before, but;

IMO, SSJ Vegetto would beat the tar out of SSJ3 Gogeta even easier than he did Buuhan, but Base would lose after a rough fight.

Angelus
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Angelus » Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:20 am

SSJ2FutureGohan, it's common courtesy that a match up would be answered before a new one is thrown in. And you could answer some too. ;p
Darkron2151 wrote:It's been a while since I last gave some Match-Ups, so let's do this.

1.] Trunks. Supreme Kai was amazed at the power of the SSJs in the Buu Saga. Trunks wouldn't be that far off from such power. The only way Supreme Kai can win this is for Supreme Kai to magic materialize a huge sharp spiky chunk of Katchin directly on top of Trunks, and immediately paralyze trunks with magic after. With Trunks paralyzed, and that Katchin dropping on Trunks... Supreme Kai wins.

2.] Goku because of his IT+Kamehameha combo. As Piccolo's lower body is laying there, about to regen, Goku could just throw that lower body up to the sky and blast it again to finish the job.

3.] With the replies I have been getting about potara fusion being that insane... then I say Yamshinhan.

4.] Coozer IMO. Vegeta is so weak compared to Goku or the Cold brothers at this point. Cooler would be in the same league as Freeza Saga SSJ Goku while Vegeta is so much weaker than final form Frieza.
Lord Beerus wrote: Fat Buu w/o Pure Boo vs Dabra
Still Fat Buu. He's SSJ3 tier.
Last edited by Angelus on Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Darkron2151
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Darkron2151 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:25 am

Angelus wrote: Cooler would be in the same league as Freeza Saga SSJ Goku
Huh? Fourth Form Cooler is implied to be a fair-deal weaker than 100% Freeza, let alone SSJ Goku. So the way I see it, without Fifth Form, Cooler is to Freeza as Vegeta is to Goku.