Official "Show off your Dragonball Crap" Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

samuraix123
I Live Here

Re: Official "Show off your Dragonball Crap" Thread

Post by samuraix123 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:13 pm

My brother got me this for my birthday :)
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:25 pm

Hey guys, I'm considering getting one of those sh figuarts; how easy is it to swap parts on and off of them?
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:41 am

Chuquita wrote:Hey guys, I'm considering getting one of those sh figuarts; how easy is it to swap parts on and off of them?
Easy enough that if you don't force anything, it stays fine.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

Kakarot88
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kakarot88 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:31 pm

Long time no post, been a bit busy getting married and passing the bar :D buuuut here we go:

First up my groom's cake :mrgreen:

and the other stuff I've gotten since then:

Goku cel from my wife for my Birthday:

framed Vegeta and Goku cel from my friend

how it looks on the wall

Kanzenban from my in-laws for my birthday :mrgreen:

and more signatures (Toru Furuya and Sonny Strait)

"You might think you know everything there is to know about me, but really, you're not even CLOSE."

"Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." ~ Sir Winston Chruchill / Dragon Ball Z in a nutshell

How I enjoy the anime:

Retan
Advanced Regular

Post by Retan » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:13 pm

Damn, 88 that's is so cool, but are you sure Chi-chi can survive the gravity? Or maybe I should ask if Kaio's planet can survive her!! :lol:

Kakarot88
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kakarot88 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:42 am

Retan wrote:Damn, 88 that's is so cool, but are you sure Chi-chi can survive the gravity? Or maybe I should ask if Kaio's planet can survive her!! :lol:
:lol: well played!!

Inside is carrot cake for Kakarrot (or Kakarot). It's funny I went to New Zealand and am a mega LOTR fan so some of the guests were like "no that's not dragon ball whatever that's from LOTR, he loves LOTR" :lol:
"You might think you know everything there is to know about me, but really, you're not even CLOSE."

"Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." ~ Sir Winston Chruchill / Dragon Ball Z in a nutshell

How I enjoy the anime:

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:54 am

Kaka @ Can you tell me which DBZ release was on that HDTV? It's too blueish (or baby blue).
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Kakarot88
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kakarot88 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:23 am

dbboxkaifan wrote:Kaka @ Can you tell me which DBZ release was on that HDTV? It's too blueish (or baby blue).
When I took the pic my phone kept just focusing on the TV and made the room super dark so I tried my hand at brightening it and failed lol
But it's one of the Funimation singles.
If you notice the silver signatures I have on Goku's leg (Nozawa) and Schemmel (left Goku's body) don't photograph well either, but in person they're prominent.

In terms of 4:3 DBZ I have:
dbox 1
stuck with orange bricks for "season 2"
Then from "Ginyu Assault" till end of series I have the funimation singles

On the TV is disc 1 from the Garlic Jr. arc. (Yeah I'm willingly rewatching Garlic Jr. lol)

How I enjoy the anime:

Retan
Advanced Regular

Post by Retan » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:28 pm

Kakarot88 wrote:
Retan wrote:Damn, 88 that's is so cool, but are you sure Chi-chi can survive the gravity? Or maybe I should ask if Kaio's planet can survive her!! :lol:
:lol: well played!!

Inside is carrot cake for Kakarrot (or Kakarot). It's funny I went to New Zealand and am a mega LOTR fan so some of the guests were like "no that's not dragon ball whatever that's from LOTR, he loves LOTR" :lol:

LOTR with a Car and road, and goku and chi-chi? (Thinks how awesome that would be) :thumbup: , but seriously what books and movies were they reading/watching? Kinda understand them confusing the garage for a hobbit hole though... kinda. :lol:

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:14 am

My collection is still in development so it's not complete yet but here's what it looks like!
Ignore the Cowboy Bebop on the right :lol: After I'm done with the season Blu-rays I'm going to finish my movie collection, then after that I'll finish my Viz Big Z manga and that'll be it (until Buu Kai comes out, then another movie, then probably a reboot of the series... This collection will never end :lol: )

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:18 am

Thats a nice clean collection you got goin :D

ScholarGohan
Beyond Newbie

Post by ScholarGohan » Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:59 am

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:55 am

Lucky! I want to read Dr. Slump! The korean full colors looks nice!

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:22 pm

I got these for Christmas.

2 T-shirts and a 1989 Japanese Shonen Jump.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:30 pm

Did that cover! Did you get it off of ebay?

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:15 pm

eledoremassis02 wrote:Did that cover! Did you get it off of ebay?
Hm? My sister got it for me. It's a 1989 Shonen Jump copy. It says so on the back. She said it came from Japan. That's all I know.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:32 pm

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:My collection is still in development so it's not complete yet but here's what it looks like!
Ignore the Cowboy Bebop on the right :lol: After I'm done with the season Blu-rays I'm going to finish my movie collection, then after that I'll finish my Viz Big Z manga and that'll be it (until Buu Kai comes out, then another movie, then probably a reboot of the series... This collection will never end :lol: )
Really neat collection. I like it! Wish mine was that clean, my stuff is all over the place. I don't own a consistent or complete set of anything.

Super jealous of that Z Kai "Complete" Collection Blu-Ray set. Hopefully Madman re-releases it once the Buu Arc is out here.

Careless Saiyajin
Regular

Post by Careless Saiyajin » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:12 pm

Wow all you guys have some nice stuff!
I might as well join in so here is my collection:

Jackal puFF
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Jackal puFF » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:05 am

I finally got a red scouter! Always wanted one when I was younger. Everyone here seems to have one too haha.

@Kakarot88

That cake is seriously awesome! Dang makes me wish there were more cakes dragonball themed like that!

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:25 am

The stuff I got this year:

And one thing I forgot to include: