If you could get a sketch from Toriyama

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Re: If you could get a sketch from Toriyama

Post by TheGmGoken » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:55 pm

Either more EoZ Goten or GT Goten. Best character ever.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:43 pm

I'd be an annoying bastard and ask for a sketch version of something like this:

With 23rd Budokai Goku, SS Goku from the Freeza Arc (blue shirt), God Goku, and SS4 Goku (because the bust from the Dragon Box wasn't nearly enough).

If he was feeling generous, he could add in kid Goku, SS2 Goku and SS3 Goku as well.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:24 pm

I'd asked for a sketch of me with the Goku and Vegeta. Sounds basic, but I've been dreaming about something like that happening for nearly fifteen years.

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:39 pm

Vegeta on the checkout line in a supermarket. Awkward as possible... I could probably do that myself, but I like the way he handles humor... for the most part.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:40 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:Either more EoZ Goten or GT Goten. Best character ever.
I would definitely want to see what EoZ Goten looks like as a Super Saiyan

SSJ3_Zack
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJ3_Zack » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:45 pm

Probably a small sketch of what Shenron gets up to when he's not being summoned.

jollyr
Beyond Newbie

Post by jollyr » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:51 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:I'd be an annoying bastard and ask for a sketch version of something like this:

With 23rd Budokai Goku, SS Goku from the Freeza Arc (blue shirt), God Goku, and SS4 Goku (because the bust from the Dragon Box wasn't nearly enough).

If he was feeling generous, he could add in kid Goku, SS2 Goku and SS3 Goku as well.
That's a great picture is it a Toriyama?

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:03 am

jollyr wrote:That's a great picture is it a Toriyama?
It is. He drew it as a reference for the people sculpting the Dragon Box singles diorama gift things, along with at least 4 others(Early DB, Freeza, Cell, Buu)? (I don't think he drew the art for the GT or Movies gifts.)
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:58 pm

I'd tell him to draw a black SSJ wit da Popo lipz.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

EmmaWinters

Post by EmmaWinters » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:24 am

Can I request something non-Dragon Ball? I would love to see him out of his element.
Toriyama's take on Skull Knight would be very interesting.
「恨むんならてめえの運命を恨むんだな··· このオレのように···」

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:13 pm

-#16 smoking weed.
-Yamcha winning.
-A hypothetical daughter of Goku and Chi-Chi.
-Kaioshin with his head smashed in.
-Bulma groping Chi-Chi (or vice-versa) as Kame-sennin watches.
-Kuririn trying to kick a football.
-Chi-Chi (or Videl) and Lazuli mud-wrestling.
-Vegeta as king.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:16 pm

SS3/SSG Vegeta, SS2/SS3/SSG Vegetto.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:19 pm

Oh yeah and how can I forget SSJ3 Vegeta?
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

DanielSSJ
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DanielSSJ » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:53 pm

SSJ4 Goku vs SSJ God Goku, Kid Goku and Kid Goten looking confused at each other, and Goku and Vegeta fist bumping.
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:48 pm

I'm gonna be the odd man out and say Taro.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:06 pm

A female SSJ, just to prove he was lying when he said he didn't know how to draw one.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:16 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:A female SSJ, just to prove he was lying when he said he didn't know how to draw one.
Isn't that a false rumor? Either way, he has already drawn a dozen of them for Dragon Ball Online.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.