Vegeta's status in the afterlife

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Nazi Cola
Advanced Regular

Vegeta's status in the afterlife

Post by Nazi Cola » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:46 am

Do you think Vegeta was able to keep his body all throughout his time in the afterlife, due to Enma, and that's how he was able to see everything go down? Or did he only receive a body shortly before the appearance of Gohan-Boo?

I'm leaning toward the latter, as it seems implied by the conversations with Enma and Goku that Vegeta had only just received a new body, and the fact that Vegeta was shocked at the revelation that Bulma and Trunks had been integrated into Boo helps support this too since he should've known that if he'd had a body the whole time (unless he decided to take a dump or something). We know he saw Fusion, and there were only three points where he could have: when Goku demonstrated it to everyone, when Gotenks first formed (including Super Saiyan), and when the boys do the dance to fight Evil Boo for the second time.

The question that pops up from the second possibility is if spiritless clouds, or whatever they're called, are able to see and/or sense powers. I don't think it's ever elaborated on.

What do you think?
CatouttaHell wrote:I guess he's just impossibly powerful and he now gets thrills from letting things go as much to hell as possible before busting out his ultimate power and ending the villain or some shit.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Re: Vegeta's status in the afterlife

Post by FoolsGil » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:56 am

His body was taken because, but Enma kept his body around just in case.

Nazi Cola
Advanced Regular

Post by Nazi Cola » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:54 am

FoolsGil wrote:His body was taken because, but Enma kept his body around just in case.
That's what Enma implied, yes, which is why I ask about the body-less people being able to see and/or sense.
CatouttaHell wrote:I guess he's just impossibly powerful and he now gets thrills from letting things go as much to hell as possible before busting out his ultimate power and ending the villain or some shit.

ZazamPow
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ZazamPow » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:11 pm

I don't see why a body-less soul couldn't also sense ki if it really was made up of Vegeta's mind and memories. That would explain how he knew about fusion and SSJ3 but not Buu's absorbtions, he sensed everybody's ki changing and enhancing, but in the case of Buu, Trunks was still alive and existed on his own, he was just stuck inside Buu.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:I swear, the Gohan fanboys won't be happy unless he just bends over and farts all of Freeza's men into the sun.
fadeddreams5 wrote: Honestly, this would only make me slightly satisfied. To make me happy, he'd also have to grab Freeza by the tail, drag him to the nearest toilet, and give him swirlies until he submits and calls him "daddy."

Gohan deserves it.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:39 pm

I think people without bodies don't remember anything, so it wouldn't matter because the time Vegeta spent as a soul cloud would be like a blind spot in his memory.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

TheLegend23
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheLegend23 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:11 am

Now now enma wasn't canon :lol:

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:23 pm

TheLegend23 wrote:Now now enma wasn't canon :lol:
What?
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"