Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Fukkatsu no F"

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:36 am

He tweeted that be was working on Kami to Kami at the beginning of November 2012 and tweeted that he was finished in the middle of November. That's two weeks for what wound up being about fifty seconds. The movie will probably be finished in early April for early screenings, so my guess would be that animation would need to wrap up in early or mid-March. I can't really say one way or the other, because for all we know he might already be finished and simply have never mentioned working on it. I'm not sure where that would fit in for sure, though, given how busy he has been all throughout 2014. I think if he says nothing by the end of the month or early February the likelihood of him working on the film is done.

By the way, Sun_Chopper on Twitter said that Shida only did the storyboard for the Ending and Yamamuro did the key animation. I guess I jumped the gun because the drawings for a lot of the cuts were so much different from his usual stuff?
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:41 am

Whoa that's Yamamuro's artwork?! Where has that been all this time!? O_O
Or rather, why would he choose to use the character models he did for BOG and F when he has the ability to make them look closer to Toriyama's artwork if he wants to? I realize a lot of the shots look almost like they were traced off existing scenes, but even so, I miss the older and more-accurate artstyle. T-T

Thank you for the time frame. I plan to keep a look out and see if any F tweets pop up at the end of the month.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:18 am

I don't know, really. My guess is he can draw like he used to in the 1980s, but when he tries to draw from the Cell and Majin Buu eras he can't.
She/Her
bisexual milf

EmmaWinters

Post by EmmaWinters » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:21 am

Chuquita wrote:I realize a lot of the shots look almost like they were traced off existing scenes
More than look like, they were.
Most of these are straight from the manga,
though I imagine this was intentional/the point.
「恨むんならてめえの運命を恨むんだな··· このオレのように···」

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:55 am

Is that new guy who's done Xenoverse Cover, Dokkan Battle promotional art doing anthing for the film?! Or he just focus on the games?!
I'm loving his style.
JulieYBM wrote:So, I guess Shida really was working on the new Ending animation for Dragon Ball Kai. His cuts for One Piece are airing next week. His cuts for PreCure might also air next week. I wouldn't be surprised if he did something for Sailor Moon Crystal, too. He also has work for Disk Wars: Avengers in the pipeline, too.
Lazy editing once again. But the art looks cool (even though most are copy/paste), especially those ssj shots.
I approve the music too.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:40 pm

Traced from the comic? Well now. This just keeps looking bad for me.
She/Her
bisexual milf

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:15 pm

Yeah, Shida Tweeted all he did was storyboard the Ending, which probably didn't take more than a few days if that. Still, I have to assume the 'Dragon' he was working on in 03 December 2014 was really this new Ending's storyboard and not Fukkatsu no F.
She/Her
bisexual milf

Avenged
Advanced Regular

Post by Avenged » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:25 pm

Old news, that site is just late to report it.
Dragon Blog Z - A Dragon Ball Z Community

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:14 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:Is that new guy who's done Xenoverse Cover, Dokkan Battle promotional art doing anthing for the film?! Or he just focus on the games?!
I'm loving his style.
JulieYBM wrote:So, I guess Shida really was working on the new Ending animation for Dragon Ball Kai. His cuts for One Piece are airing next week. His cuts for PreCure might also air next week. I wouldn't be surprised if he did something for Sailor Moon Crystal, too. He also has work for Disk Wars: Avengers in the pipeline, too.
Lazy editing once again. But the art looks cool (even though most are copy/paste), especially those ssj shots.
I approve the music too.
Sorry for off-topic, some of that art is little off, I am not a fan of modern cheap anime animation, but I really appreciate a lot, that they used the various original art style from the eras and didn't redesign it to nowadays standards.
I am really happy with this and for me as an old fan from 90's, it is the biggest adn greatest thing done in Dragon Ball franchise in years.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:17 pm

Unfortunate that it was traced. I really like the old manga art style.
The theory that Yamamuro still knew it was nice. I wanted it to be true.
I hope they consider doing more in that old style.
I wish we'd get some substantial behind the scenes update. Or a plot update. I'd take either.
*Hopes VJump comes through.*
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:07 pm

JulieYBM wrote:Traced from the comic? Well now. This just keeps looking bad for me.
I don't understand if you mean that despite being traced it doesn't look as good as in the manga (due to coloring, shadows or other stuff), or if you imply that the manga drawings are bad too (since those drawings are pretty much copy/paste of the manga, so they're supposed to mostly carry over the exact same quality in the shapes and lines).

Either being a valid opinion, but the latter being one that would surprise me since I've never seen anyone complain about Toriyama's art in the manga and be unhappy about the thought of having the anime style successfully reproducing his exact style.
Chuquita wrote:Unfortunate that it was traced. I really like the old manga art style.
The theory that Yamamuro still knew it was nice. I wanted it to be true.
I hope they consider doing more in that old style.
It would hardly work unless directly traced from Toriyama's drawings. If you take on what the anime style in the Saiyan era was like and transport it to Majin Boo events, it will look very akward, like kid drawings.
Would it be enough for you if they did a total anime remake of the whole manga story tracing every single panel by Toriyama as main animation frames? It would be hard to be closer to the old manga's style than by doing this.
Zabon and Dodoria, huh? Why is Freezer bringing them into the mix? Oh well, I guess it's not very important.

kidtrunksssj
Beyond Newbie

Post by kidtrunksssj » Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:13 pm

You guys think Frieza wished for no super saiyan god?
“Too much FANTASY loses REALITY, too much HOPE may seem somehow EMPTY.”
Akira Toriyama

Mewzard
I Live Here

Post by Mewzard » Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:16 pm

Cold Skin wrote: I don't understand if you mean that despite being traced it doesn't look as good as in the manga (due to coloring, shadows or other stuff), or if you imply that the manga drawings are bad too (since those drawings are pretty much copy/paste of the manga, so they're supposed to mostly carry over the exact same quality in the shapes and lines).

Either being a valid opinion, but the latter being one that would surprise me since I've never seen anyone complain about Toriyama's art in the manga and be unhappy about the thought of having the anime style successfully reproducing his exact style.

It would hardly work unless directly traced from Toriyama's drawings. If you take on what the anime style in the Saiyan era was like and transport it to Majin Boo events, it will look very akward, like kid drawings.
Would it be enough for you if they did a total anime remake of the whole manga story tracing every single panel by Toriyama as main animation frames? It would be hard to be closer to the old manga's style than by doing this.

Zabon and Dodoria, huh? Why is Freezer bringing them into the mix? Oh well, I guess it's not very important.
I think he's saying that tracing is a sign of laziness (and he might be implying that as a bad sign for the movie).

I wouldn't mind a proper reanimating from the beginning if they did it right (new dubs for early DB material would be nice as well).

What did Freeza say exactly? I heard their names, but my Japanese is poor at best.
RIDER KIIIIIIICK!

HECTOR4
Regular

Post by HECTOR4 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:19 pm

Fukkatsu no F first in Argentina!!!!!!!!!! Will it be released before Japan?!!!!!! Really?!!!!!!!!

I don't believe this. That's totally not possible.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:20 pm

Cold Skin wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:Traced from the comic? Well now. This just keeps looking bad for me.
I don't understand if you mean that despite being traced it doesn't look as good as in the manga (due to coloring, shadows or other stuff), or if you imply that the manga drawings are bad too (since those drawings are pretty much copy/paste of the manga, so they're supposed to mostly carry over the exact same quality in the shapes and lines).
No, no, I was saying I look like an idiot. :lol:

Although, wow, tracing? Come on, man, if you're busy directing Fukkatsu no F get someone else to draw it!
She/Her
bisexual milf

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:23 pm

Well if Zarbon and Dodoria will be back, I dont see why the Ginyu Force shouldn't return too.
Both Vegeta with his Bingo moves and Gohan with his Saiyaman moves can join them now.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:45 pm

Cold Skin wrote:
He's (roughly) saying something about wishing everyone a Happy New Year, and to not be idiots like Zarbon and Dodoria.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:24 pm

I'm glad they're having fun with Nakao. I wonder if they're planning to have him cover all the holidays in Japan leading up to Golden Week, since all these with the exception of the first one are holiday greeting focused.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!