Xenoverse Music?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mcdonough88
Not-So-Newbie

Xenoverse Music?

Post by mcdonough88 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:00 am

Does anyone know who the composer or what music are they going to use in Xenoverse?
Last edited by mcdonough88 on Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: Xenoverse Music?

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:29 pm

It was stated in an interview that Xenoverse were using an in-house composer for the soundtrack of the game but they haven't clarified exactly who the person is.

mcdonough88
Not-So-Newbie

Post by mcdonough88 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:05 pm

Got a Link?
I was thinking of buying the JP version because I was hoping it was Kikuchi.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:39 pm

Well, hopefully it'll be a lot better than Sumitomo's trainwreck of Kai 2.0 or else there's always custom soundtrack to listen to.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

mcdonough88
Not-So-Newbie

Post by mcdonough88 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:21 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:Well, hopefully it'll be a lot better than Sumitomo's trainwreck of Kai 2.0 or else there's always custom soundtrack to listen to.
That's what I do with my US version of Raging Blast 2.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:23 pm

mcdonough88 wrote:Got a Link?
I was thinking of buying the JP version because I was hoping it was Kikuchi.
Here ya go.

mcdonough88
Not-So-Newbie

Post by mcdonough88 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:11 pm

Damn! Mmm if it sucks It's gonna be custom soundtrack for me!.
I kinda debunked Kikuchi because Spike are the ones that always that've always used him...

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:14 pm

mcdonough88 wrote:Damn! Mmm if it sucks It's gonna be custom soundtrack for me!.
I kinda debunked Kikuchi because Spike are the ones that always that've always used him...
The music from the trailers sounded pretty all right so if it's like that for the full game, I'll be fine.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Drev
Beyond Newbie

Post by Drev » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:05 am

dbboxkaifan wrote:
mcdonough88 wrote:Damn! Mmm if it sucks It's gonna be custom soundtrack for me!.
The music from the trailers sounded pretty all right so if it's like that for the full game, I'll be fine.
No kikuchi no party...

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:50 pm

Drev wrote:
dbboxkaifan wrote:
No kikuchi no party...
C'mon, be more open minded! :)

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:09 pm

C'mon, be more open minded! :)[/quote]
He needs to realize that dimps will never use kikuchi. They always make their own tracks. If this game had kikuchi they would've said it in an interview but instead they said the ost will be the same throughout all releases
PSN SonGoku325
DeviantArt http://narut6228.deviantart.com/

mcdonough88
Not-So-Newbie

Post by mcdonough88 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:21 pm

Naruto6583 wrote:C'mon, be more open minded! :)
He needs to realize that dimps will never use kikuchi. They always make their own tracks. If this game had kikuchi they would've said it in an interview but instead they said the ost will be the same throughout all releases[/quote]
Haha, I try to be open-minded, I LOVED Yamamoto, but Kikuchi games melted my heart haha

Drev
Beyond Newbie

Post by Drev » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:14 pm

Spike games and boz had kikuchi score for japanese version AND fake-jazz-metal music for eur/usa, why can't dimps do the same for XV?
Naruto6583 wrote: He needs to realize that dimps will never use kikuchi. They always make their own tracks. If this game had kikuchi they would've said it in an interview but instead they said the ost will be the same throughout all releases
artdink said the same for boz, but the game had kikuchi score on japanese version... 8)

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:29 pm

Drev wrote:Spike games and boz had kikuchi score for japanese version AND fake-jazz-metal music for eur/usa, why can't dimps do the same for XV?
Naruto6583 wrote: He needs to realize that dimps will never use kikuchi. They always make their own tracks. If this game had kikuchi they would've said it in an interview but instead they said the ost will be the same throughout all releases
artdink said the same for boz, but the game had kikuchi score on japanese version... 8)
I'm pretty sure that just used recycled music from the blast games in japan the only new tracks were the ones made for the game. So you know if you don't like xenoverse's score then just mute it and listen to kikuchi off your hard drive
PSN SonGoku325

Drev
Beyond Newbie

Post by Drev » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:20 am

It's not the same thing man, if they put the original japanese ost from anime, it would be already synchronized with the beginning and the end of the battle, correct volume etc.
Another cool feature would be the one of j-stars victory vs, that let you SUBSTITUTE game's music with your own mp3, that would be cool too

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:47 am

Drev wrote:It's not the same thing man, if they put the original japanese ost from anime, it would be already synchronized with the beginning and the end of the battle, correct volume etc.
Another cool feature would be the one of j-stars victory vs, that let you SUBSTITUTE game's music with your own mp3, that would be cool too
Well all i'm saying is that if they wanted kikuchi in the game they would've have said so in the interview but they said the entire score would be from scratch. Even if its still being published by Bandai Namco its still a dimps game
PSN SonGoku325

Drev
Beyond Newbie

Post by Drev » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:49 am

They are so stubborn then...

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:17 am

Drev wrote:They are so stubborn then...
Nothing you can really do if they wanted kikuchi music they should have started using them in the Budokai games instead of hiring Kenji Yamamoto
PSN SonGoku325

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:00 pm

Naruto6583 wrote:
Drev wrote:They are so stubborn then...
Nothing you can really do if they wanted kikuchi music they should have started using them in the Budokai games instead of hiring Kenji Yamamoto
The Budokai games felt in place with the Yamamoto score not so much if it had the Kikuchi, though. Kikuchi's ideal for 3D DBZ fighting games so it makes sense they only used for the Tenkaichi/RB series.
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:57 pm

Given the Tenkaichi/RB series was created for the purpose of giving that "DBZ" feel it's only fitting that it gets the Shunsuke Kikuchi soundtrack instead of the Budokai series.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.