Some help?

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Xyex
I Live Here

Some help?

Post by Xyex » Fri Apr 09, 2004 4:35 pm

Right, because of the recent Time Line matter that I brought back up as well as listening to Wake me Up several times in the last few moments I have the sudden urge to make an AMV using one of a few ideas and the History of Trunks special.

Anyway, I've used both .asf and .wmv before (I'm on a 56k here, I need to be able to upload the files fairly quickly.) but I want to try Realmedia as the real files I've got are fairly small and look rather good. I was wondering where I could find something to convert to .rm format? I've looked around and not found anything. Hopefully it's free since I've got $0 for the rest of the month :cry:

Oh, and I'm using win98 still so it needs to work with it.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Apr 09, 2004 5:56 pm

So you want your FINAL INTERNET DISTRIBUTION FILE to be in RealVideo format? Just out of curiosity... why? You'll get great results using DivX / XviD, and most people already have those codecs, these days...

Real does have a free version of RealProducer available on their site; you just have to dig to find it. Make sure you export as high-quality as possible of a file as you can off of your timeline; what you export from your timline should never be your distro version.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Fri Apr 09, 2004 6:12 pm

Basicly, filesize. Realmedia can have some great quality files with a small size. As I said, I'm only on a 56k and I can't take three to four hours uploading a big AVI or Mpg file. I'm hoping to get broadband in a few months time and then I'll probably use either AVI (divx) or Mpeg but until then, smaller is better.
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Good point.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Sat Apr 10, 2004 4:36 pm

And now, I must thank-you. I gave up digging through the Real website and just Googled it (since I now knew the name of the program I could do that :) ) and found it! I'm now also about 50% through the making of the video... I just wish my song was longer :(

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks for the help! Later!
<Xyex> Good point.