How powerful is Majin Yakon and Majin Pui Pui?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Angelus
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

How powerful is Majin Yakon and Majin Pui Pui?

Post by Angelus » Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:27 am

Majin Yakon was said to be 800 Kilis. SSJ Goku was 3000 Kilis. So Yakon is roughly weaker than 1/3rd of SSJ Goku's power. Would that make him around Imperfect Cell Power level? But wait... Gohan was confident that him and Goku could take on Yakon if they both fight Yakon together. With BoG, does this mean that Yakon is around 50-100% Final Form Frieza's level? The Kilis reading is contradicting that though. Dafuq.

Majin Pui Pui, I don't know. But Vegeta only fought with base form. Since SSJ is a 50x multiplier. This would mean than Majin Pui Pui is at least 50 times weaker than base Vegeta. Would that put him around 3rd form Frieza level?

Your thoughts?
Last edited by Angelus on Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Re: How powerful is Majin Yakon and Majin Pui Pui?

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:29 am

I put Pui-Pui at Saiyan Arc Vegeta level, with Yakon being at 100% Freeza. That goes nicely with 10x gravity being a big deal for Pui-Pui, and Goku's base not being quite enough to deal with Yakon, but Goku and Gohan both fighting in base being able to do so.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:34 am

Kamiccolo9 wrote:I put Pui-Pui at Saiyan Arc Vegeta level, with Yakon being at 100% Freeza. That goes nicely with 10x gravity being a big deal for Pui-Pui, and Goku's base not being quite enough to deal with Yakon, but Goku and Gohan both fighting in base being able to do so.
I usually consider Pui-Pui to be more on 1st-form Freeza's level to give him his alleged due as one of the universe's strongest fighters, but I more or less concur about Yakon.

I wouldn't try too hard to make much sense of the kiri numbers, since we were never really given enough clarification on how they work. That 3,000 quite possibly wasn't even Goku's full power, since he only transformed to create light and seemed to power up further when he transformed a second time.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:37 am

Kaboom wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:I put Pui-Pui at Saiyan Arc Vegeta level, with Yakon being at 100% Freeza. That goes nicely with 10x gravity being a big deal for Pui-Pui, and Goku's base not being quite enough to deal with Yakon, but Goku and Gohan both fighting in base being able to do so.
I usually consider Pui-Pui to be more on 1st-form Freeza's level to give him his alleged due as one of the universe's strongest fighters, but I more or less concur about Yakon.

I wouldn't try too hard to make much sense of the kiri numbers, since we were never really given enough clarification on how they work. That 3,000 quite possibly wasn't even Goku's full power, since he only transformed to create light and seemed to power up further when he transformed a second time.
Well, Vegeta was spouting off that "strongest in the universe" stuff way back in the Saiyan Arc too. And given the huge gap between Freeza and the next strongest guy, and the relatively small gaps between the Ginyus, Freeza's top men, and Vegeta, "strongest fighters in the universe" could essentially mean everyone that Freeza hadn't already grabbed up.

Plus I like the thematic idea with each of Babidi's minions being roughly equivalent to a big bad in the series.
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).

Kakacarrottop
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kakacarrottop » Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:42 am

Pui Pui is Cui level at worst, and Android 17/18 level at best. Yakon is probably Captain Ginyu level at worst and Cell level at best. Pui Pui has got to be at least on the same level as Freeza's elite soldiers, there's no way he's as weak as any Saiyan saga characters, i mean he is/was probably one of the strongest beings in the universe not aligned to Freeza in the manga.
"I will literally dress as Goku and walk around jumping up and down, pretending to fly, in public if this ever gets an official release"

- ShadowDude112 on Ocean's Kai dub

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:43 am

Kakacarrottop wrote:Pui Pui is Cui level at worst, and Android 17/18 level at best. Yakon is probably Captain Ginyu level at worst and Cell level at best. Pui Pui has got to be at least on the same level as Freeza's elite soldiers, there's no way he's as weak as any Saiyan saga characters, i mean he is/was probably one of the strongest beings in the universe not aligned to Freeza in the manga.
Saiyan Arc Vegeta and Cui were equals.
Malik_DBNA wrote:

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:55 am

Kamiccolo9 wrote:Plus I like the thematic idea with each of Babidi's minions being roughly equivalent to a big bad in the series.
Me too, now that you've reminded me of it. Maybe I'll start considering Pui-Pui on Vegeta's level, too, but his over-100k Oozaru power instead.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

CatouttaHell
Advanced Regular

Post by CatouttaHell » Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:49 am

Pui-Pui could be anywhere from Raditz tier to early Cell arc SSj tier. I feel he could be >>> King Cold since Babidi chose him instead of Cold. But he could also be worthless if you believe Babidi picked him for when he needs a disposable poop of a fighter, just like he picked Spopovich and Yamu. Perhaps he generally only cares for abnormally strong fighters like Yakon and Dabra who are >>> even Freeza but is willing to pick up the first useless goon he sees when his last one dies somewhere.

Yakon is probably slightly above Boo arc base Goku, who is a bit above Cell Games Gohan at his very peak. I feel this puts Yakon above Cyborg 18 since Chibi base Trunks wasn't one-shotted by 18, and Chibi Trunks/Goten rival Teen Gohan.
Rocketman wrote:Where you born unable to understand jokes or is this the result of years of hard training?

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:26 am

Pui-Pui could be anywhere from Raditz tier to early Cell arc SSj tier. I feel he could be >>> King Cold since Babidi chose him instead of Cold.
That'd be assuming that Babidi even knew who Cold was, when even Vegeta didn't. I like to think that Babidi and his goons are from the Demon Realm. It matches their back story and aesthetic.
Yakon is probably slightly above Boo arc base Goku, who is a bit above Cell Games Gohan at his very peak. I feel this puts Yakon above Cyborg 18 since Chibi base Trunks wasn't one-shotted by 18, and Chibi Trunks/Goten rival Teen Gohan.
18 obviously wasn't using her full effort against Trunks, since she was still talking shit when they went Super Saiyan, was surprised they could generate a blast stronger than her in SS at all, and Trunks said the costume would still hold them back in the fight.

Anyway: I like to place Pui Pui on par with Oozaru Vegeta and Yakon on par with base Freeza, i.e. battle powers of 180,000 and 80,000,000 respectively. This not only matches their actual performances, but it fits the theme that they represent previous big bads (like how Dabra was compared to Cell). I've been thinking about downgrading Pui Pui to 18,000, though. That'd place him equal to base Saiyan arc Vegeta and Cui, a character who he shares a lot of similarities to.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:34 am

Angelus wrote:Majin Yakon was said to be 800 Kilis. SSJ Goku was 3000 Kilis. So Yakon is roughly weaker than 1/3rd of SSJ Goku's power. Would that make him around Imperfect Cell Power level? But wait... Gohan was confident that him and Goku could take on Yakon if they both fight Yakon together. With BoG, does this mean that Yakon is around 50-100% Final Form Freeza's level? The Kilis reading is contradicting that though. Dafuq.

Majin Pui Pui, I don't know. But Vegeta only fought with base form. Since SSJ is a 50x multiplier. This would mean than Majin Pui Pui is at least 50 times weaker than base Vegeta. Would that put him around 3rd form Freeza level?

Your thoughts?
There's nothing suggesting that Goku was at maximum output at Ssj when that 3,000 kiri was read. After all, he was seemingly close enough to Yakon in his base form that he was likely around Yakon's 800. In turn, it wasn't suggested that he needed Super Saiya-jin for its strength, since he only transformed for the sake of lighting the area. All we can really say is that Yakon is probably a bit higher than base Goku, but still very close to his base strength.

As for Pui Pui, all we can really say is that he's a good deal weaker than base Vegeta. He acted like a 10x gravity environment is an impressive level to deal with, and wasn't able to do anything to Vegeta no matter how hard he tried. He could be in the tens to hundreds of thousands, or maybe sitting at about a million or so...it's really hard to say with him.

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:59 pm

I'd say Pui-Pui would have to be somewhere in the Ginyu Force range at least to qualify as "among the strongest warriors in the universe"... Raditz level just wouldn't cut it, tons of random alien warriors would be superior to him if that's all he had (going by the example of the Namekians and guys like Appule, I'm assuming that warriors in the 2000-3000 range aren't all that unusual.) Even low-end "Freeza's elite warriors" level doesn't seem particularly special... on the absolute lowest end of the scale I could see Pui-Pui maybe being as strong as Zarbon or something (maybe he could've been as weak as initial Vegeta or Cui before the Majin boost, in that case.)
On the higher end, I could see him being as powerful as 3rd-form Freeza, or initial 4th-form Freeza before he powered up at all. Absolute max for him is "sorta-kinda-close to base Saiyans but still weak enough that he can't put up a real fight" (like a Vegeta vs. Cui situation basically), though it's hard to pinpoint exactly where that point is since we don't have solid power levels post-Freeza.

Yakon pretty much has to be close to the base Saiyans (well, base Goku specifically, since he was the strongest of the three at that point--no Majin boost for Vegeta yet and Gohan had fallen behind both his dad and Vegeta after 7 years of no training), if he's much stronger or much weaker his fight doesn't work very well. I'd probably peg him as right about equal with base Goku or somewhat weaker, considering that Goku was still managing to dodge his attacks and didn't get beat up at all even though he couldn't see what was going on in the dark and didn't know what Yakon was capable of (being surprised by the extendable arm blades and such but still dodging them just in time, for example.) A little stronger but also unskilled enough that Goku was always a step ahead of him despite the gap in power between them works, too.
Pui Pui is Cui level at worst, and Android 17/18 level at best. Yakon is probably Captain Ginyu level at worst and Cell level at best.
Pui-Pui could be anywhere from Raditz tier to early Cell arc SSj tier.
Uh... are you guys forgetting that base Saiyans are still weaker than Freeza? Pui-Pui and Yakon can't be Super Saiyan level (not even "early" Super Saiyan level, as even that was enough to overpower 100% Freeza.) Yakon you could maybe argue was pushing the upper Freeza levels depending on just how far from Freeza you think base Goku would be (still weaker than 50% Freeza? stronger than 50% Freeza but weaker than 70%? even stronger than 70% Freeza but still below 100%?), since he did seem to be somewhat ahead of Goku... but Pui-Pui can't possibly be that high up there considering how easily (non-Super Saiyan) Vegeta killed him.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:22 pm

Pui Pui: 750,000 (Stronger than 3rd suppression Freeza).
Yakon: 100,000,000 (Stronger than Buu arc base Goku).

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:32 pm

In my scheme, since Dabra is weaker than 1st form Boo and Yakon is implied to be weaker than 1st form Cell, Pui Pui should be weaker than 1st form Freeza as well.

Somewhere around 40,000 is good for Pui Pui. About Yakon, I will stick with 40,000,000, which is what we get from V-Jump. As for Dabra, I like giving him 4,000,000,000. Ultimately, Boo would be at 40,000,000,000. :mrgreen:

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:46 pm

I remember when I thought Pui-Pui was stronger than Piccolo and Kaioshin... :lol:

I'd say Pui-Pui is around Saiyan saga Vegeta and around Ginyu's level with his latent powers released. I see Yakon around the early millions and somewhere around 20-30 million after his power-up. I don't think they're all that.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Son_Gohan
Advanced Regular

Post by Son_Gohan » Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:48 pm

Darkprince410 wrote: There's nothing suggesting that Goku was at maximum output at Ssj when that 3,000 kiri was read. After all, he was seemingly close enough to Yakon in his base form that he was likely around Yakon's 800. In turn, it wasn't suggested that he needed Super Saiya-jin for its strength, since he only transformed for the sake of lighting the area. All we can really say is that Yakon is probably a bit higher than base Goku, but still very close to his base strength.
Yes there is, the intensity of his aura illustrates that he would be at full power when his energy is measured, in contrast to how it is drawn after he blows up Yakon.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:18 pm

I think something like Saiyan Arc Vegeta works fine for Pui Pui. That level does fit in the "strongest in the universe" category for me, as I believe Freeza's followers (Cui, Dodoria, Zarbon etc) were strong mutants he found while conquering planets and as such they are all exceptionally rare.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Jabberwock xeno
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Jabberwock xeno » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:07 am

But if this was the case, why would the kaioshin be so worried about both of them when he knows the z fighrters are more then capable of handling freeza in their current state? (for the record, what you said has always been what I thought, but I had this pointed out to me the other day, and I think that it blows a bit of a hole in that)

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:48 am

Jabberwock xeno wrote:But if this was the case, why would the kaioshin be so worried about both of them when he knows the z fighrters are more then capable of handling freeza in their current state? (for the record, what you said has always been what I thought, but I had this pointed out to me the other day, and I think that it blows a bit of a hole in that)
It is more than likely that the Kaioshin believed these opponents were superior to Freeza because of their backgrounds. It's like the fact that Burta claims to be the fastest in the universe but in reality Freeza and Ginyu can probably out-speed him. If you read one-punch man there is a "hero" who is placed above all other heroes and there are tons of rumours about him being the strongest. A lot of monsters and villains fear him and just run away when he shows up but he is really just a normal weak human who just looks the part. All his supposed feats were accidents or caused by the main character he just got the glory of them. It is the same with Mr. Satan. Trunks questions whether he really is the strongest guy on the planet. Dende also asks why Mr. Satan doesn't go and help Goku because he is the supposed champion of Earth.

So if you go with that then perhaps Pui Pui and Yakon have better stories than Freeza which makes them fearful opponents. But that doesn't necessarily mean they are stronger than Freeza. And to be honest. Do you really think a character who thinks 10 G is a super heavy gravity would be superior to Freeza? Anybody at Freeza's level should have an innate strength to withstand a lot more than 10 G. Freeza should be able to withstand 100 G with no problems. Going by Pui Pui's home world being 10 G his race is probably a similar strength to the Saiyan's only probably weaker considering the Saiyan gene pool has ridiculous benefits like getting stronger as you fight or gaining massive boosts from near death recoveries.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:19 am

Jabberwock xeno wrote:But if this was the case, why would the kaioshin be so worried about both of them when he knows the z fighrters are more then capable of handling freeza in their current state?
Maybe Kaiōshin thought Pui Pui and Yakon fall in the same category as Dabra. He heard rumors that Freeza was defeated by a Super Saiyan (Goku) and that Gohan is even stronger than that, but that was all until seeing how the fight with Babidi's minions went. I don't think he knew about the events of Cell Arc.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:49 am

Hugo Boss wrote:
Jabberwock xeno wrote:But if this was the case, why would the kaioshin be so worried about both of them when he knows the z fighrters are more then capable of handling freeza in their current state?
Maybe Kaiōshin thought Pui Pui and Yakon fall in the same category as Dabra. He heard rumors that Freeza was defeated by a Super Saiyan (Goku) and that Gohan is even stronger than that, but that was all until seeing how the fight with Babidi's minions went. I don't think he knew about the events of Cell Arc.
Didn't Vegeta kill Pui-Pui in base?

Base Vegeta < Base Goku =/< BoG era base Goku < 100% Freeza

By this logic I don't think 3rd or even second form freeza would be so one-shottable.

Pui Pui has to be above Raditz and Nappa before Majin to have been considered special at all. So he could be anywhere from 18,000 - 3rd Form freeza. I kinda like the idea of him being ginyu level with Majin and Vegeta one earth before it.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.