The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:03 am

KentalSSJ6 wrote:Did we get a answer to Young Genkai VS 21st BT Roshi?
Roshi wins but barely.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:02 pm

Vegetas tail grows back on Namek, does Oozaru help him against final form freeza? Enough to at least survive till Goku gets there?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:34 pm

TobyS wrote:Vegetas tail grows back on Namek, does Oozaru help him against final form freeza? Enough to at least survive till Goku gets there?
I wouldn't make make a difference. The gap in terms of strength from Freeza's third form to his final form is so large you really have to become SSJ put up any kind. And of course, it also hinges on how strong you are in your base form. Anything below 1,000,000 and you don't stand a chance.

Long story short, Final Form Freeza one shots Oozaru Vegeta.

singsing
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by singsing » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:42 pm

TobyS wrote:Vegetas tail grows back on Namek, does Oozaru help him against final form freeza? Enough to at least survive till Goku gets there?
If he surprised Freeza with an all out attack while he was distracted and at 3% power he could kill him. Oozaru Vegeta would be stronger than Goku unless he used KKx9/10.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:47 pm

Only until Freeza decides to use 50% like he did against Goku.

Vegeta: 2-2.5 million
-- Oozaru: 20-25 million
Freeza (50%): 60 million

I'm sure Freeza is well-versed enough on Saiyans to know to remove his tail, too.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:22 pm

Nope. Freeza can jump to 70% of his power (84,000,000) instantly. Vegeta would be around 20 million as an Oozaru, since he was far weaker than base Goku, who was 3 million, and Oozaru is only a x10 boost. So Freeza would kill him with one hit.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:02 am

End of Series Yusuke runs a DB gauntlet. How far does he make it.

Soul Society Rescue Arc Ichigo also runs a DB gauntlet.

Demon Form for Yusuke and Bankai for Ichigo allowed.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

mysticboy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mysticboy » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:56 am

KentalSSJ6 wrote:End of Series Yusuke runs a DB gauntlet. How far does he make it.
He stops at 23rd Budokai Goku after an extremely tough fight. His demon form pushes him up to Garlic Jr though.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:17 am

KentalSSJ6 wrote:End of Series Yusuke runs a DB gauntlet. How far does he make it.

Soul Society Rescue Arc Ichigo also runs a DB gauntlet.

Demon Form for Yusuke and Bankai for Ichigo allowed.
Yusuke reaches the Saiyan arc before hitting a wall against Vegeta

Ichigo would reach the Namek arc before hitting a wall against The Ginyu Force

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:09 pm

Cell Games Kamiccolo vs. 2nd stage Cell

Buu arc Kamiccolo vs. SSjin Goten [pre-roast bbq]

mysticboy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mysticboy » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:21 pm

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:Cell Games Kamiccolo vs. 2nd stage Cell

Piccolo rapes in both battles.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:40 pm

Piccolo defeats Cell easily, but then Goten kicks the shit out of him.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

SuperSaiyan2
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SuperSaiyan2 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:59 pm

Piccolo flicks Semi-Cell away.

Piccolo can potentially land one hit on Goten, and that's only if he's improved a bit since the Cell Games. If not then he gets one shotted.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:11 pm

Piccolo wins both. Even if he is weaker than Goten he's still at least 3x the fighter that little shit is.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:12 pm

Even if he is weaker than Goten he's still at least 3x the fighter that little shit is.
Piccolo's supposed skill as a fighter means jack. He fought someone with apparently no martial arts training and no knowledge of ki control at completely equal power levels (or Piccolo was slightly stronger), and they were going blow for blow, with neither gaining an advantage. Until Piccolo started getting tired, of course.
Last edited by RandomGuy96 on Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:13 pm

Skill doesn't even matter with a power advantage like that. Goten would crush his skull in. [imo]

Super SaiyaJon
Beyond Newbie

Post by Super SaiyaJon » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:23 pm

Let's say Vegeta had agreed with Goku to go fight Buu right after he hatched.

SSJ2 Goku, SSJ2 Vegeta, SSJ2 Gohan, and Kioshin vs Fat Buu

If it makes a difference, put Dabura on the heroes' side. Say he was willing to work with them to kill Buu.
Kakacarrottop wrote: That's the problem with the "Dragon Ball" fanbase, it's too divided. There's "FUNimation fanboys", "Kai fanboys", "Ocean fanboys", "Japanese fanboys", we need to stop attacking each other and realize we're all fans of the same thing.
Saiga wrote:Gandalf: Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them?

Goku: Yes, actually.

Gandalf: Oh. Neat.

singsing
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by singsing » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:24 pm

Super SaiyaJon wrote:Let's say Vegeta had agreed with Goku to go fight Buu right after he hatched.

If it makes a difference, put Dabura on the heroes' side. Say he was willing to work with them to kill Buu.
Well if Piccolo's word is word of god (hah), then it would have made no difference. An army of SSJ2's could go up against Buu and they'd still lose.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:25 pm

Super SaiyaJon wrote:Let's say Vegeta had agreed with Goku to go fight Buu right after he hatched.

They beat him around for a while. Then he gets angry, powers up, and releases an explosive wave like he did after Vegeta pissed him off by hurting him a tiny bit. This outright kills Kaioshin, Dabra, and SS2 Gohan, and heavily wounds SS2 Goku and Vegeta. Fat Buu then proceeds to defeat them by lightly smacking them, tangling them in his stomach, and sitting on them.

So, basically the fight he already had with Majin Vegeta, except with more fodder to kill.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:

kuartus4
Beyond Newbie

Post by kuartus4 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:32 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:

They beat him around for a while. Then he gets angry, powers up, and releases an explosive wave like he did after Vegeta pissed him off by hurting him a tiny bit. This outright kills Kaioshin, Dabra, and SS2 Gohan, and heavily wounds SS2 Goku and Vegeta. Fat Buu then proceeds to defeat them by lightly smacking them, tangling them in his stomach, and sitting on them.

So, basically the fight he already had with Majin Vegeta, except with more fodder to kill.

A bit off topic but, do you think Fat Buu powered up when he did that angry explosion attack vs Vegeta? Whatc gap do you have between Fat buu(angry explosion) and Vegeta?