Dragon Ball: Final Bout

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Shinnin
Beyond Newbie

Dragon Ball: Final Bout

Post by Shinnin » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:53 am

I'm gonna buy it. For others who've played it, is there anything I need to know beforehand?

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Dragon Ball: Final Bout

Post by sangofe » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:48 am

Shinnin wrote:I'm gonna buy it. For others who've played it, is there anything I need to know beforehand?
Yes, the good things about the game is the intro, the 2d menu art, and the sound track. Everything else is horrible.

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:42 am

You can basically use the same input commands as the ones from the Snes games.
You can unlock all the hidden fighters with a cheat code.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:54 am

Jord wrote:You can unlock all the hidden fighters with a cheat code.
And unfortunately you'll have to do so like every time you want to use them, because there's not really any kind of 'save' feature in the game in regards to that.

I got the game a year or so ago, and I think I've only popped it in like...twice. And honestly played it all of once. It was...well...yeah. But hey, if you want to have every DB game that's ever made it to the US shores, then there's that.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:24 pm

Shinnin wrote:is there anything I need to know beforehand?
Your money would be better spent elsewhere.
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:41 pm

Win 10 times on Hard with GT Trunks and then go over his portrait, click select 10 times to unlock Gotenks

MajinVegetaSSj6
Beyond Newbie

Post by MajinVegetaSSj6 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:05 pm

Well the cinematic moves are nice...I aalways love the 10 x Kamehameha of ssj4 Goku

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:26 pm

At the very least, it's pretty cool to hear Steve Blum as Goku.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:34 pm

Nightstar1994 wrote:Win 10 times on Hard with GT Trunks and then go over his portrait, click select 10 times to unlock Gotenks
Capture a video of it, or I claim bullshit.

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:01 pm

The Tori-bot wrote:
Shinnin wrote:is there anything I need to know beforehand?
Your money would be better spent elsewhere.
Exactly.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:33 pm

sangofe wrote:
Nightstar1994 wrote:Win 10 times on Hard with GT Trunks and then go over his portrait, click select 10 times to unlock Gotenks
I was only making a prank on a 15 year old joke cheat XD

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:37 pm

I loved the game when I was 10 or 11 since it was pre-Budokai and it was cool playing a 3D DBZ fighting game at the time. I first played the game before the 2004 reissue when I played it at a local Japanese imported store years ago. I got the 2004 reissue since I loved the game the first time and I found myself liking the game much less when I played the game again in 2004. The cool intro for the game, the music soundtrack, the character models (for a 1997 game, they are not too bad) and the hilariously awful English voice acting are the only good things about this game. In this age, you are better off playing better DBZ games. It's better then Ultimate Battle 22 but that's not saying much.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:02 pm

I still think some enjoyment can be had with the game. The soundtrack is great and there's an interesting line up of characters. The boss battle against a huge Bebi Vegeta Oozaru is kinda cool and I love the interactions between characters before fights. The biggest downside of the game to me is it's speed. It's like playing the Butoden games in slow motion.

Mac
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mac » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:34 am

Horrible game, but a game everyone should play at least once for giggles.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:11 am

sangofe wrote:
There's a website now?
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:20 am

One thing you should about it:

DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!! FOR THE LOVE OF KAMI DO NOT BUY IT!!! It'll save you the psychological torture.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:32 pm

I like Final Bout until today, even replaying it for fun here and there. What torture?

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:32 pm

Extremely clunky and unresponsive controls, broken mechanics, unbalanced roster, horrific english voices, terrible AI, Meteor Smash, etc.

The only good thing about the game is the soundtrack but since you can get the CD nowadays at a similar price no reason to even bother with the game unless for nostalgia, you're a masicist, or you wanna commit suicide from the spear awfulness of the game.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:00 pm

I think as kid during the late 90's and early 2000's, this game was pretty epic since it was pre-Budokai and GT was not out for a while. Just seeing SSj4 Goku and the other new characters as a kid blew my mind. I do remember one Japanese import store had the game for $100 back in 2001 and I wanted it so bad as a kid.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

mcdonough88
Not-So-Newbie

Post by mcdonough88 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:58 am

Awful game, excellent music and JP voice acting!