Any differences between Xenoverse versions?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mcdonough88
Not-So-Newbie

Any differences between Xenoverse versions?

Post by mcdonough88 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:58 am

I'm wrestling on PS3 vs PS4, I'd get a PS4 later to plays DBXV or get it NOW for PS3 and just play it!
Does anyone know of any differences betwen generations?

TheDevilsCorpse

Re: Any differences between Xenoverse versions?

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:06 am

Unlike what some people assumed, the frame rate is the same on both versions and all that. So pretty much just the graphics and having to pay for online on PS4, while it is free on PS3 as far as I'm aware.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:36 am

Could anyone post videos and screen captures of aproximately the same images/scenes so we could see the differences? I really need help to decide whether or not the ps4 version is worth my money!

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:15 am

The frame rate is 30fps on both versions though I've seen numerous reports of major frame drops on the PS3 version.

The PS3's internal resolution is 1280x720 (or lower) compared to the PS4's 1920x1080.

On top of that, the PS4 version features superior antialiasing whereas the PS3 is rife is jaggies.

FULL SIZE LINK
ImageImage

Fairly standard scaling. I'm theorising that particle effects are significantly lower on the PS3 but I can't be certain.

If you own a PS4 and you're considering the PS3 version then you're doing it wrong. The choice should be obvious unless you are very tight for money.

Blurry frame drop version or 1080p, crisp, as-smooth-as-30fps-can-be version.

NOTE: Both shots are taken from compressed sources. Highest quality renders from still moments were picked for the fairest comparison. Sorry, I can't provide raw previews of my own yet. Also, in motion and in complex scenes, the frame drops and aliasing are going to be far more obvious.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:31 am

Thank you for this answer! Well, I don't own a ps4, but my brother does. He doesn't live too far away from me, and since I've always been more of a casual gamer (and I don't have a powerful pc), I think I'll be happy playing this game a couple of times a month, so I think I will indeed go for the ps4.