The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kaboom

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by Kaboom » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:54 pm

Bullza wrote:Jaco vs 21st Budokai Goku
I'm'a say Jaco. Adult Saiyans are too much for the Galactic Patrol to handle, but Goku is just a kid, and a below-average one at that.
SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:(post-RoSaT) Piccolo vs SSJ Vegeta (post-1st day RoSaT) (not Grade 2)
SSJ Goku (Cell Games) vs. Dabra
— Piccolo wins. I figure him to at least be roughly equal to "Super Vegeta" by the time of the Cell Games.
— This is basically the reverse of Gohan Vs Dabra. Goku's at a slight disadvantage in power, but he can make up for it with skill. It unfolds a lot like his fight with Cell, except Dabra can't regenerate when he gets half his body blown up.
Super SaiyaJon wrote:SSJ4 Kid Goku (Beginning of Dragon Ball) vs Zarbon (Transformed)
SSJ4 Goku (Buu arc) vs Super Buu
SSJ4 Vegetto (Buu arc) vs SSJG Goku (BOG)
By GT logic, Super Saiyan 4 is some sort of arbitrary dormant-power unlock, with no established power boost beyond being stronger than SS3. My gut tells me that Goku loses the first match, wins the second one, then loses to Vegetto in the third.
Zombie wrote:RoF SSJ4 Vegetto (Both Vegeta and Goku have god powers in base) vs SSJ4 Gogeta (GT).
*Flips a coin*

Gogeta wins.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:05 pm

Buuhan VS Base GT Goku

GT LOGIC DOES NOT APPLY
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:08 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:Buuhan VS Base GT Goku
GT LOGIC DOES NOT APPLY
Gohan-absorbed Boo kills Goku by flicking him in the forehead with one finger.
deviantART
[thread]

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:27 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:Buuhan VS Base GT Goku

GT LOGIC DOES NOT APPLY
Buuhan sneezes and Goku disintegrates

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:30 pm

Zombie wrote:RoF SSJ4 Vegetto (Both Vegeta and Goku have god powers in base) vs SSJ4 Gogeta (GT).
Vegetto slaps Gogeta's head off with his shenlong.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:42 pm

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:As mentioned before it makes absolutely no sense at all as to why Piccolo would be weaker than Freeza and still consider the possibility that he's gotten too strong. From a storytelling standpoint, it really doesn't make sense.

There would be no point at all in that line if Piccolo was actually supposed to be as weak as you're saying.

Character statements form the basis of the story. To doubt Piccolo here is like doubting the author. Without statements or comparable feats, there's no way to judge. If there's evidence that Piccolo > Trunks (or Freeza), and nothing going to the contrary, there's no reason to discard or twist the evidence, or try to discredit it because of other situations. Not just because "his gains are unrealistic"
Anyway, to end this debate:

IMO, Piccolo's conclusion that he became stronger than the Artificial Humans that killed Super Saiyans is solely based on the fact that he was kicking the ass of an Artificial Human that he thought that killed Super Saiyans in the future. I don't think he gave much thought into it, like comparing himself with SS Trunks. He was just like "I can beat them, so I must be stronger than them".

Based on Kami's statement, I can't agree that Trunks is very different after 6 months in the future. Kami was talking about battle powers in that statement, so if Trunks had made any huge gains, I'm sure he would have mentioned them, because they would be relevant to his discussion with Piccolo.

I'm not saying that there is evidence showing that Piccolo isn't anywhere close to the Super Saiyans (though there is evidence that he hadn't surpassed any Super Saiyan). Maybe he is, but I don't believe so. All we have is that he is below the Super Saiyans, and above the Earthlings, base Saiyans, and #19 & #20.

Anyway, I think I've said all I had to say about this. Moving on.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

In Brightest Day
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by In Brightest Day » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:15 am

- Perfect Cell vs. Vegeta
- Perfect Cell vs. Trunks
- Perfect Cell vs. Piccolo.

So, these aren't standard fights in that we already know who would win. What I am interested in though, is if Vegeta, Trunks and Piccolo all individually took on Cell at the Cell-Games, to what extent would they be defeated? Would each of them be completely destroyed, or would they at least be able to put up somewhat of a fight? Goku has a change of heart for whatever reason and isn't giving away senzu beans.

Cell is using the same amount of power he used against Goku in each of these individual fights, not his full power he showed against Gohan. Also:

- Krillin (versus Ginyu-Goku) vs. Vegeta (beginning of Namek arc).
- Krillin (versus Ginyu-Goku) vs. Zarbon (can't transform), Dodoria and Cui.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:27 am

- Perfect Cell vs. Vegeta

So, these aren't standard fights in that we already know who would win. What I am interested in though, is if Vegeta, Trunks and Piccolo all individually took on Cell at the Cell-Games, to what extent would they be defeated? Would each of them be completely destroyed, or would they at least be able to put up somewhat of a fight? Goku has a change of heart for whatever reason and isn't giving away senzu beans.

Cell is using the same amount of power he used against Goku in each of these individual fights, not his full power he showed against Gohan.
Cell one-shots everyone. He was smacking Goku around pretty well with just that level of power, and these guys are all much weaker than Goku (Goku described himself as a lot stronger than Vegeta, and Vegeta was awed by his power).
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:09 am

Goten and/or Trunks VS Super 13.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:54 am

KentalSSJ6 wrote:Goten and/or Trunks VS Super 13.
Either demolish him on their own.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:04 am

Either Trunks or Goten stomp

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:14 am

In Brightest Day wrote:- Perfect Cell vs. Vegeta
- Krillin (versus Ginyu-Goku) vs. Vegeta (beginning of Namek arc).
- Krillin (versus Ginyu-Goku) vs. Zarbon (can't transform), Dodoria and Cui.
- Perfect Cell
- Perfect Cell
- Perfect Cell
- Krillin
- Krillin

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:35 am

Goten alone stomps. Pretty much one shot.

kuartus4
Beyond Newbie

Post by kuartus4 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:48 pm

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:(post-RoSaT) Piccolo vs SSJ Vegeta (post-1st day RoSaT) (not Grade 2)
SSJ Goku (Cell Games) vs. Dabra

-I think Piccolo takes it. Not really sure where to place post rosat Piccolo though.
-Dabra is ssj2 tier, so he obliterates ssj Goku(Cell games) with ease. I think he would dominate a ssj2 Goku(Cell games) as well.

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:57 pm

How is Dabra SSJ 2 tier if he struggled with SSJ Teen Gohan??

kuartus4
Beyond Newbie

Post by kuartus4 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:30 pm

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:How is Dabra SSJ 2 tier if he struggled with SSJ Teen Gohan??
Because he fought with ssj2 teen Gohan.

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:33 pm

You cannot deny that blatant super saiyan art

singsing
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by singsing » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:41 pm

kuartus4 wrote:
SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:How is Dabra SSJ 2 tier if he struggled with SSJ Teen Gohan??
Because he fought with ssj2 teen Gohan.
Neither Gohan nor Goku knew Vegeta had SSJ2 and yet didn't say anything when Vegeta raged at Gohan saying Vegeta could have stomped Dabura. So unless you think SSJ2 Gohan < SSJ Vegeta, Gohan was a SSJ against Dabura.

kuartus4
Beyond Newbie

Post by kuartus4 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:53 pm

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:You cannot deny that blatant super saiyan art
There is no blatant super saiyan art. There is a weak aura that isn't exclusive to ssj1's.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:53 pm

Let's not let this thread get off-topic, especially not with THAT "debate" again.
deviantART
[thread]