Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2013 Movie Thread: "Battle of Gods

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:24 am

Who's that figure on the right? I can't tell who it is. It looks like a golden hair SSj4 Gogeta.
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

Careless Saiyajin
Regular

Post by Careless Saiyajin » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:31 am

Perhaps it's ssj 4 Gogeta with weird coloring or it could even be ssj 4 God Gogeta (but that would be fairly unlikely).

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:49 am

It's just SS4 Gogeta, and he probably has the same pearl type of paint most the reprinted Super Saiyans get on their hair, or it's transparent.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Careless Saiyajin
Regular

Post by Careless Saiyajin » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:54 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:It's just SS4 Gogeta, and he probably has the same pearl type of paint most the reprinted Super Saiyans get on their hair, or it's transparent.
This sounds about right.

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:03 pm

Already been brought up in the thread for the new movie, but I figured I may as well post it here too where it's more relevant and less likely to be overshadowed by more exciting news: http://www.cinematoday.jp/page/N0070621

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:38 pm

I'm surprised that both the French dub and the French anime comics used the clever way to name Beerus (which was first created by Kanzenshuu way before international versions began production).

The Anime Comics has the following translation note written about the name BEERUS:
"First, the animation staff had named this character Birus as a reference to the word "Virus". But Master Toriyama thought it was a nod to the English word "Beer", which is why we chose this spelling that respects both interpretations."

Note that unlike other animangas for films, this Anime Comics (which is much thicker than the others due to the film being longer) is divided into six chapters/episodes.
Also note that Goku's Super Saiyan God hair is made absolutely red in the Anime Comics (as opposed to purple/pink/magenta), even if it also turns Goku's blood orange during the one shot that includes blood.

hudemx

Post by hudemx » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:51 pm

Short Question:
Senbei Norimaki aka Dr. Slump himself, makes a Cameo in the Movies as the Farmer outside the City who witnesses Goku summoning Shenlong.
I wanted to ask if it's just a visual Cameo (the same Character Model they used in the New Dr. Slump in 97) or if it's a bigger Cameo (f.e. called Norimaki or Slump in the japanese Credits or if it's the same japanese voice actor)?
One of the few...

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:13 pm

So is anyone here planning to pick up the Japanese release of the extended edition? I wonder if there'll be any sort of extras or if it's just gonna be a bit of a bare-bones release.

Kakarot9001
Banned

Post by Kakarot9001 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:33 pm

Vegard Aune wrote:Seeing how Toriyama has also been retconning elements of Battle of Gods into the backstory of manga-characters with some of his later tidbits about the series (Beerus was the one who sealed up the Elder Kaioshin, Freeza knew about the Super Saiyan God), I'd say it's pretty obvious that Toriyama considers it part of the manga's timeline. Resurrection F (Yeah, I'm using my own translation for FnF. I just like the sound of this one better) has been plainly stated to be a sequel to Battle of Gods. Thus, once again Toriyama clearly is writing it with the intent that "Yeah, this actually happened in the manga continuity, we just didn't see it."

Where is stated that was Beerus in fact who did sealed Elder Kaioshin?

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:40 pm

Kakarot9001 wrote:Where is stated that was Beerus in fact who did sealed Elder Kaioshin?
Twel-Buu Mysteries interview.

Who was it that sealed the Elder Kaiōshin away in the Z Sword?
The Kaiōshin (who create planets) and the Gods of Destruction (who destroy them) have never gotten along that well, but once every 1,000 years they go to each other’s realms and hold a coordination meeting. At this time, they got into an argument over some trifling thing, and a certain short-tempered God of Destruction sealed Elder Kaiōshin away inside a sword. Naturally, it wouldn’t have been proper for him to destroy the Kaiōshin Realm itself. By the way, that God of Destruction was Beerus.

Kakarot9001
Banned

Post by Kakarot9001 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:50 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
Kakarot9001 wrote:Where is stated that was Beerus in fact who did sealed Elder Kaioshin?

The Kaiōshin (who create planets) and the Gods of Destruction (who destroy them) have never gotten along that well, but once every 1,000 years they go to each other’s realms and hold a coordination meeting. At this time, they got into an argument over some trifling thing, and a certain short-tempered God of Destruction sealed Elder Kaiōshin away inside a sword. Naturally, it wouldn’t have been proper for him to destroy the Kaiōshin Realm itself. By the way, that God of Destruction was Beerus.

But Kaioshin said that this person was not strong like Boo, Beerus was weaker in the past?

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:54 pm

Kakarot9001 wrote:
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:

But Kaioshin said that this person was not strong like Boo, Beerus was weaker in the past?
Makes sense. This was millions of years ago and we know that Whis is training him now. I can see a lot of progress being made after millions of years of training taking place.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Retan
Advanced Regular

Post by Retan » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:55 pm

This might have been before Beerus started training with Whis, maybe.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:29 am

So fun fact,

After watching the film again, I noticed Mrs. Brief opens her eyes twice in the film.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:56 am

Dayspring wrote:
Kakarot9001 wrote:
Makes sense. This was millions of years ago and we know that Whis is training him now. I can see a lot of progress being made after millions of years of training taking place.
No Kaioshin said the person who put him in the sword was a terrible bad guy almost as terrible Buu. Nothing about actually being weaker than Buu, just not as evil.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:06 am

Herms has said the line ni Japanese can imply not as "bad" in terms of being evil or in terms of power. It fits for Beerus either way though if you can just accept that Beerus could have been weaker than Buu 75 million years ago.

Kakarot9001
Banned

Post by Kakarot9001 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:23 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Herms has said the line ni Japanese can imply not as "bad" in terms of being evil or in terms of power. It fits for Beerus either way though if you can just accept that Beerus could have been weaker than Buu 75 million years ago.
I imagine... How was Beerus PL at time, I bet he was on Cell league... something like that

Low Tone G
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Low Tone G » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:09 pm

Kakarot9001 wrote:
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Herms has said the line ni Japanese can imply not as "bad" in terms of being evil or in terms of power. It fits for Beerus either way though if you can just accept that Beerus could have been weaker than Buu 75 million years ago.
I imagine... How was Beerus PL at time, I bet he was on Cell league... something like that
Not really... If Beerus were that weak back then, in that case Whis would have offered Goku to be a successor of Beerus as the God of Destruction just when he powered up to SSJ3... But Whis was impressed enough only when Goku turned God... I think Beerus were something like 10-50 weaker than he is now. Whis is his master, still he is only half again stronger than he is. I think God Ki can be raised very slowly.
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Post by sailorspazz » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:26 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:So fun fact,

After watching the film again, I noticed Mrs. Brief opens her eyes twice in the film.
Yeah, I noticed that, and it bothered me! As far as I remember, in the series proper, she only opened them once (when Bulma asked her to take care of [baby] Trunks, because she was going to meet [future] Trunks). The fact that she only opened them that one time conveyed how shocked she was at that moment. So for her to just be opening her eyes for no reason is kind of pointless, and it caused nerd rage.

I guess if I want to bullshit an in-universe reason, she used to have trouble opening her eyes, and had some kind of surgery to fix the problem :lol:
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:05 pm

Nerd rage because a minor character opened her eyes?