"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BobZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE" (PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC) Official Th

Post by BobZ » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:33 pm

So after leveling up my first Saiyan character to the max, I decided it was time to create a new one!

I remember seeing someone making a Freeza race character with the colour scheme of his new transformation, so I wanted to try the same myself!

Here's the result, equipped with the Ultimate F Armor (honestly, I liked it more with the base Bio Suit, but I needed the boosts):

The screen taken with my iPhone doesn't really do it justice, but it is what it is and I like it. :P

Suupaa Gohan 2
Regular

Post by Suupaa Gohan 2 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:39 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:Ah yes, Saibamen's Revege. I know your pain. I waited until I was level 60+ on my melee focused character. Basically the best thing to do is taking someone with 50+ points in basic melee and just pummel your way through. The majority if them should drop with a basic light melee combo. I recommend a Freeza race character as all their suits boost everything melee.
While I was about level 40 when I finally beat the hidden requirements for this, I just blasted through with Rikum's Ultra Fighting Bomber (from the Namekian Dragonballs mission). If you can get all the saibamen to crowd you and start beating you up, just blast them with that and they'll go down instantly. As long as you can pass through the gates quickly enough you can do it in no time at all. Those gates and the backtracking were what kept killing me on the mission for the longest time.

Though only last night did I finally get Nappa's Giant Storm after roughly two hours of grinding. The RNG in this game is really infuriating...but it was worth it, since Giant Storm is a much better room-clearing skill than Ultra Fighting Bomber IMO. Sometimes I feel like I'm cheating for just spamming these moves but you really need to for some of the PQs, especially with all the grinding needed...it's practically essential on any of the "less than 5 minutes" missions.
Steam Name: SG2
Discord Tag: Esjitu#4064

"I came to save you thanks to a magic bean. And if you think it was easy to find that bean, you're wrong."
--'Big Green' Yajirobe

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:42 pm

I hope the other two Shadow Dragons are not the only DLC characters for DLC Pack 2. I think Coola's 5th form, SSj Gogeta and Janemba could work for DLC since they are popular.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:07 pm

Finished the Boo part of the story on my first try, but God that was tedious.

Jaetinh
Regular

Post by Jaetinh » Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:04 pm

Are the servers down or is it just me? Xbox live.

Connecting to XENOVERSE server > The DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE service is not available. Please try again later.

supersaiyan DbZ fan
Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyan DbZ fan » Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:21 pm

Having issues with PQ37 and PQ55 as well as the fact that collecting Dragon Balls from all those prescribed PQ's is not working (2; 15; etc.), I only ever summoned Shenron once :(
Someone hit me up when Krillin, Tien, Yamcha, Chiaotzu :lolno:, Goten, Buu, and Gohan :!: :!: :!: become relevant again :?

supersaiyan DbZ fan
Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyan DbZ fan » Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:23 pm

Spamming Giant Storm really helps with the first Bardock mission, btw, does collecting DB's get more difficult after each consecutive wish?
Someone hit me up when Krillin, Tien, Yamcha, Chiaotzu :lolno:, Goten, Buu, and Gohan :!: :!: :!: become relevant again :?

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:27 pm

Jaetinh wrote:Are the servers down or is it just me? Xbox live.

Connecting to XENOVERSE server > The DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE service is not available. Please try again later.
I'm on xbox live too. When it says I cant connect to the servers, it just puts me in single player but I can still go online

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:35 pm

supersaiyan DbZ fan wrote:Having issues with PQ37 and PQ55 as well as the fact that collecting Dragon Balls from all those prescribed PQ's is not working (2; 15; etc.), I only ever summoned Shenron once :(
It's either totally random or it gets harder with each ball you collect within a set. I managed to summon Shenron three times so far, and in all the occasions I got most Dragon Balls in the first half hour and then take forever to get the rest...
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Careless Saiyajin
Regular

Post by Careless Saiyajin » Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:37 pm

How do you change the skills of characters not custom like Goku switching super saiyan in or out ect?

BobZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BobZ » Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:38 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:

I'm on xbox live too. When it says I cant connect to the servers, it just puts me in single player but I can still go online
Yeah, last I checked the servers were down again. I'm on PS3. Will give it another go in a while, but I'm not holding my breath.

EDIT: Can confirm that Online PQs work, even if I can't log in to the multi lobby.
Last edited by BobZ on Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mnich
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mnich » Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:51 pm

BobZ wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:

Yeah, last I checked the servers were down again. I'm on PS3. Will give it another go in a while, but I'm not holding my breath.
I think Bandai (europe) was talking about this on their Facebook page. They're fixing issues with servers or something like that, so they had to close them for a while (all platforms).

https://www.facebook.com/bandainamcogam ... 7502899335

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:53 pm

Careless Saiyajin wrote:How do you change the skills of characters not custom like Goku switching super saiyan in or out ect?
You don't.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:04 pm

Quebaz wrote:
Careless Saiyajin wrote:How do you change the skills of characters not custom like Goku switching super saiyan in or out ect?
You don't.
Best thing that can be done is switching costumes. Switching costumes changes up skills usually. But there is no selecting individual skills for each person. If there was then everyone would do the Bon Para Para for me :D.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:06 pm

How are you supposed to beat Beerus and Whis? They have that invisible armour all the time, Trunks dies too easily and even when he's alive they just keep double teaming me, whilst Trunks just stands there and watches.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:41 pm

Can you play 1 vs computer in all stages or just the Tenkaichi stage ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:42 pm

sintzu wrote:Can you play 1 vs computer in all stages or just the Tenkaichi stage ?
All the stages.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

Humpski
Regular

Post by Humpski » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:50 pm

Here's my latest look for my characters.

Here's my Majin character, Sala. (Bibidi babidi boo song lyric)

Here's technically a human, but I made her to look like an Android. I call her Gynoid #19. (A Gynoid is the correct term for a female Android)
Oh, by the way. Do you guys prefer her with glasses or without?

This is my Freeza race dude, Glaciar.

Here's my Saiyan, Nache. (Spinach Pun)

This is my Namekian, Eskar. (Escargo pun)
Check out our home made films!
Lots of martial arts action and comedy.
http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=HumpskiProductions

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:56 pm

Quebaz wrote:
sintzu wrote:Can you play 1 vs computer in all stages or just the Tenkaichi stage ?
All the stages.
Thanks.

Last question,how many characters can you make ? I read you start with one but can get more with the dragon balls,is this true ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Humpski
Regular

Post by Humpski » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:57 pm

sintzu wrote:
Quebaz wrote:
All the stages.
Thanks.

Last question,how many characters can you make ? I read you start with one but can get more with the dragon balls,is this true ?
You get 1. Beat the story mode and you get 7 more unlocked all at once. 8 slots is enough to make one of each type of character.
Check out our home made films!
Lots of martial arts action and comedy.
http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=HumpskiProductions