Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Fukkatsu no F"

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:24 pm

FutureGohanSSJ2 wrote: To be fair, someone also said that Battle Of Gods was going to be centered around Goten and Trunks and be from their POV. That didn't really end up that way in the final cut.
Never heard anything about that. That "someone" likes to spread rumours, it seems.
There was nothing teasing that.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:31 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:
FutureGohanSSJ2 wrote: To be fair, someone also said that Battle Of Gods was going to be centered around Goten and Trunks and be from their POV. That didn't really end up that way in the final cut.
Never heard anything about that. That "someone" likes to spread rumours, it seems.
There was nothing teasing that.
This is what he's referring to:
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2012/07/10/ne ... -to-japan/
Unconfirmed rumors point toward script involvement from original manga author Akira Toriyama (a la Eiichiro Oda’s involvement in the One Piece movie Strong World) and appearances by Goten and Trunks, hinting at a time frame around the Majin Buu story arc (itself a la the 2008 Jump Super Anime Tour special).
Still trying to find something more specific. I remember exactly what he's talking about.

Looking back, it sounds like people were tossing Goten and Trunks around as a reference to the time-frame. This was used out in a Tweet that has since been removed, as well as this post on the Arlong Park Forums:
http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=28 ... ost2630547

Man, reading through those early pages of the BOG thread is slightly surreal. So much raw excitement, and it was pretty much unanimous regardless of what sort of fan you were. How far we've come, and it was only three-or-so years ago, but at the same time, THAT WAS THREE-OR-SO YEARS AGO?!...we know too much for our own good these days. :lol:
Last edited by DragonBoxZTheMovies on Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:39 pm

BobZ wrote:What was that nonsense in hell, where Freeza was having nightmares as well? I thought when baddies died, they were just turned into spirits and reborn into different beings?
It's probably the purification process. The minute you stop thinking about your life in the living realm and start singing along or whatever is probably the point, where your soul will be purified and you get reincarnated.
Since Freeza is so full of evil, he has yet to be purified, even though he's experienced it for over 15 years.
Pure Evil beings like Kid Buu can't be affected by such nonsense and so there's probably a more forceful way for beings like him, which is why he got to be reincarnated immediately.
That's how I interprete it.

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:40 pm

Gold_Jacobson wrote:Well, Bardock did just get his own special where he went SSJ. So, he does get the attention.
He got attention by other hands. Toriyama does not even consider that he went Super Saiyan, so... It is like nothing.

ZazamPow
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ZazamPow » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:42 pm

Who cares how the exact science of the purification process works? The scene was brief and hilarious, can't we just be satisfied with it?
Kamiccolo9 wrote:I swear, the Gohan fanboys won't be happy unless he just bends over and farts all of Freeza's men into the sun.
fadeddreams5 wrote: Honestly, this would only make me slightly satisfied. To make me happy, he'd also have to grab Freeza by the tail, drag him to the nearest toilet, and give him swirlies until he submits and calls him "daddy."

Gohan deserves it.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:44 pm

dbgtFO wrote:
BobZ wrote:What was that nonsense in hell, where Freeza was having nightmares as well? I thought when baddies died, they were just turned into spirits and reborn into different beings?
It's probably the purification process. The minute you stop thinking about your life in the living realm and start singing along or whatever is probably the point, where your soul will be purified and you get reincarnated.
Since Freeza is so full of evil, he has yet to be purified, even though he's experienced it for over 15 years.
Pure Evil beings like Kid Buu can't be affected by such nonsense and so there's probably a more forceful way for beings like him, which is why he got to be reincarnated immediately.
That's how I interprete it.
That doesn't really make any sense, since Hell is described as being like the Demon Realm. Dabra was sent to Heaven, because he'd like Hell. Does the Hell we've seen look like somewhere that Dabra would like to be?
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:51 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote: That doesn't really make any sense, since Hell is described as being like the Demon Realm. Dabra was sent to Heaven, because he'd like Hell. Does the Hell we've seen look like somewhere that Dabra would like to be?

Yes. :lol:
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:54 pm

Low Tone G wrote:It stands to reason to mention that Kami isn't a God(even if the names states it), he is just a random Namekian with some special skills. Maybe King Kai is a God, but only a God of Creation, the same goes to Kaioshin.
Where are you getting all these? All of the Kamis, Kaios, and Kaioshins in the universe are gods.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:55 pm

DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote: Man, reading through those early pages of the BOG thread is slightly surreal. So much raw excitement, and it was pretty much unanimous regardless of what sort of fan you were. How far we've come, and it was only three-or-so years ago, but at the same time, THAT WAS THREE-OR-SO YEARS AGO?!...we know too much for our own good these days. :lol:
I remember when The D countdown started. A lot of us didn't expected to be DB related.
So wrong. Never thought we will get all these stuff. :lol: :lol:
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:57 pm

Freeza doesn't have his actual body in Hell, otherwise it would have been in pieces, and after his revival, he would have stayed in Hell. The body he had there was either a fake body, or his soul that had taken the form of his body prior his death.

And they aren't purified immediately after they go to Hell. The purification takes time, it was fast for Boo only because he was literally pure evil.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

BobZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BobZ » Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:19 pm

I definitely like your theories, DBZGTKOSDH and dbgtFO. They do make sense to me.

Still, to take 15 or so years to get purified... damn! :D

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:04 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote: Man, reading through those early pages of the BOG thread is slightly surreal. So much raw excitement, and it was pretty much unanimous regardless of what sort of fan you were. How far we've come, and it was only three-or-so years ago, but at the same time, THAT WAS THREE-OR-SO YEARS AGO?!...we know too much for our own good these days. :lol:
I remember when The D countdown started. A lot of us didn't expected to be DB related.
So wrong. Never thought we will get all these stuff. :lol: :lol:
I was convinced it was something One Piece related (b/c of that show's whole "Will of D" thing).
Despite the fact that I haven't been participating much in this thread as I was due to the general direction of this thread atm; I'm actually feeling really good about this movie right now; better then I had been. Seeing other perspectives and just how huge a variety of "reasons for why people like Dragon Ball" exist makes me look more at the reasons why I like it and what about parts about this movie interest me, just....I dunno, I just feel on good terms about F right now. I still want to know about those 11 other universes, but most of my negative space is gone.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Kakarot9001
Banned

Post by Kakarot9001 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:23 pm

I'm thinking Freeza may not die in this movie...

kidhero1000
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by kidhero1000 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:23 pm

Frieza fused with Cooler or with Marvel's Thanos to look like that. And you got Sorbet with that Orange Lantern ring. Fun times ahead.
He devolved into saying only one word. Time to hit the ol' cosmic trail.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:29 pm

If Freeza doesn't die I do think it would be interesting if he left the Earth of his own accord to do even more training. "I trained so much and near won. What a feeling!" That might marginalize his evilness, but at the same time it happened to everyone else, really.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

mAcChaos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mAcChaos » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:35 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
Freeza doesn't have his actual body in Hell, otherwise it would have been in pieces, and after his revival, he would have stayed in Hell. The body he had there was either a fake body, or his soul that had taken the form of his body prior his death.

And they aren't purified immediately after they go to Hell. The purification takes time, it was fast for Boo only because he was literally pure evil.
It might be that the cyber augmentations had been considered part of his body officially from that point on.
[i]"I have yet to show you, young warrior, what I'm truly capable of."[/i] - Cell

mikey4111
Beyond Newbie

Post by mikey4111 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:43 pm

The saiyans train for a year in the hyperbolic time chamber and only upgrade from a SSJ to an ASSJ/FPSSJ. But Frieza trains for 4 months and not only passes a SSJ in power, or SSJ2, or SSJ3, but Goku after he obtains the Super Saiyan God power? Piccolo should still be able to beat frieza. I gotta skip this movie. It's as ridiculous as GT.

Kakarot9001
Banned

Post by Kakarot9001 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:44 pm

JulieYBM wrote:If Freeza doesn't die I do think it would be interesting if he left the Earth of his own accord to do even more training. "I trained so much and near won. What a feeling!" That might marginalize his evilness, but at the same time it happened to everyone else, really.
I hope not... Because then it would be even more overpower that was before.

I'm want to believe that Freeza reached at his limit.
mikey4111 wrote:The saiyans train for a year in the hyperbolic time chamber and only upgrade from a SSJ to an ASSJ/FPSSJ. But Freeza trains for 4 months and not only passes a SSJ in power, or SSJ2, or SSJ3, but Goku after he obtains the Super Saiyan God power? Piccolo should still be able to beat Freeza. I gotta skip this movie. It's as ridiculous as GT.
Freeza is not a Saiyan, he's from a different race, so that might indicate that his training effect will be different. And no, GT is pretty good

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:51 pm

mikey4111 wrote:The saiyans train for a year in the hyperbolic time chamber and only upgrade from a SSJ to an ASSJ/FPSSJ. But Freeza trains for 4 months and not only passes a SSJ in power, or SSJ2, or SSJ3, but Goku after he obtains the Super Saiyan God power? Piccolo should still be able to beat Freeza. I gotta skip this movie. It's as ridiculous as GT.
I can see why you'd say that... but at the same time, Freeza said he's never trained. He's never had reason to before. So I assume he's been that powerful since birth, and we can't say the same for Goku and the others. I wouldn't put a power boost like that past Freeza. I mean people fear him for a reason, right?
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

mikey4111
Beyond Newbie

Post by mikey4111 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:58 pm

DarkPrince_92 wrote:
I can see why you'd say that... but at the same time, Freeza said he's never trained. He's never had reason to before. So I assume he's been that powerful since birth, and we can't say the same for Goku and the others. I wouldn't put a power boost like that past Freeza. I mean people fear him for a reason, right?
Yes, but if he knew of Beerus and Majin Buu and knew that 4 months of training will close the gap between their powers then why wouldn't he of trained in the past? It would of been better if he somehow was able to train in hell. At least that way he would of had the same amount of time to train as Goku.