The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:40 am

Syn Shenron should be stronger than Beerus, as Chozenshuu 4 places BOG and GT in the same continuity, and Syn was stated to be Goku's most powerful foe. So Omega would obviously flick Whis' head off. To say nothing of SSG Goku.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:52 am

Goku: "You're the strongest Ki I've ever felt!". (In regards to Super Baby 1)

GT takes place after BoG.

Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta >>>>>>>>>>>> Super Saiyan 4 Goku >>> Super Baby 2 >> Super Baby 1 > Whis

But in all seriousness we all know they're most likely not part of the same continuity.

All we know about BoG compared to GT is that both SSJGod Goku and Super Saiyan 4 Goku are stronger than Super Vegetto (Buu saga)
Last edited by SSJ2FutureGohan on Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:43 am

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:All we know about BoG compared to GT is that both SSJGod Goku and Super Saiyan 4 Goku are stronger than Super Vegeta (Buu saga)
Do you mean Super Vegetto, right?

I like to put Omega Shenron in the same ballpark as the gods for the matter.

Humpski
Regular

Post by Humpski » Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:46 am

Who do we think is the strongest villain that Videl could defeat? Could she take out Raditz, or maybe even Nappa?
Check out our home made films!
Lots of martial arts action and comedy.
http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=HumpskiProductions

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:59 am

Humpski wrote:Who do we think is the strongest villain that Videl could defeat? Could she take out Raditz, or maybe even Nappa?
Looooool, no.

Colonel Silver, maybe.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Humpski
Regular

Post by Humpski » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:12 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Humpski wrote:Who do we think is the strongest villain that Videl could defeat? Could she take out Raditz, or maybe even Nappa?
Looooool, no.

Colonel Silver, maybe.
You think? I know she can't use ki, but maybe she could beat up Raditz? Didn't she take a punch from Broly and live? I can't remember that movie well.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:19 pm

Humpski wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Looooool, no.

Colonel Silver, maybe.
You think? I know she can't use ki, but maybe she could beat up Raditz? Didn't she take a punch from Broly and live? I can't remember that movie well.
Unlike that non-canon movie, BoG is canon and she can't even tank a bullet, something Kid Goku took to the head with ease.

Humpski
Regular

Post by Humpski » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:39 pm

Doctor. wrote: Unlike that non-canon movie, BoG is canon and she can't even tank a bullet, something Kid Goku took to the head with ease.
Oh really? I haven't seen BoG. Interesting. That does put things into perspective.

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:12 pm

Hugo Boss wrote:
SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:All we know about BoG compared to GT is that both SSJGod Goku and Super Saiyan 4 Goku are stronger than Super Vegeta (Buu saga)
Do you mean Super Vegetto, right?

I like to put Omega Shenron in the same ballpark as the gods for the matter.
Yeah my bad lol

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:08 pm

Old King Piccolo vs. Android 8?
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:40 pm

Sandubadear wrote:Old King Piccolo vs. Android 8?
Piccolo one-shots.
What the - Videl? :eh:

You think Videl is 400-500x stronger than a farmer? All she can do is fly. Raditz blinks her out of existence.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:59 pm

Speaking of GT and BOG, I believe SSjG Goku is stronger then SSj4 Goku given how SSjG Goku is able to put up a fight against Beerus and godly ki seems to be stronger then normal ki. Not to mention Goku mention fusion won't be enough to beat Beerus meaning that SSj3 Vegito won't be strong enough to beat Beerus and SSj3 Vegito could beat SSj4 Goku power scaling. Since Beerus never used his full power, I put him around Super 17 after absorbing SSj4 Goku's Kamehameha X10.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:04 pm

I have to myself that, while SSJ God is a better transformation, SSJ4 GT Goku is still stronger.

Base GT Goku is on par with his SSJ3 Buu saga self, while base BoG Goku is weaker than Frieza.

Of course, if you took two Gokus with the same strength and made one go SSJ4 and the other SSJ God, the God wins.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:38 pm

base GT Goku is arguably a lot stronger than his SSJ3 Z-self. By the End of Z he's already somehwhat implied to be above Good Buu, then he trains with Pure Buu's reincarnation for 5 years, then in GT, he gets ridiculous power boosts just from batting people in space.

singsing
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by singsing » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:46 pm

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:base GT Goku is arguably a lot stronger than his SSJ3 Z-self. By the End of Z he's already somehwhat implied to be above Good Buu, then he trains with Pure Buu's reincarnation for 5 years, then in GT, he gets ridiculous power boosts just from existing
Fixed that for you there. Logically SSG Goku stomps SSJ4 GT Goku. But then GT logic comes into play and SSG gets flicked away.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:55 pm

About the whole BoG vs GT thing, if it means anything, the GT characters (SS4 Goku, SS4 Vegeta, SS4 Gogeta, Super #17, Super Yi Xing Long) have higher stats than the BoG characters (God Goku, Beerus, Whis). And if we assume that they take place in the same continuity (as Chozenshuu 4 states), then according to Goku in GT, Super Baby 1 is stronger than Whis & Beerus. But there is also a line in a guidebook that says that SS Vegetto is "perhaps" stronger than SS4 Goku (implying that they are at around the same level), and God Goku is implied to be stronger than a hypothetical SS3 Vegetto... :crazy:
Hellspawn28 wrote:godly ki seems to be stronger then normal ki.
So, Dende >>> SS4 Vegetto?
Last edited by DBZGTKOSDH on Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:11 pm

Sandubadear wrote:Old King Piccolo vs. Android 8?
Piccolo beats Eighter with his cane.
Oolong if he doesn't transform into that giant boar humanoid or that robot, and an unarmed Commander Red.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:20 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:
Oolong if he doesn't transform into that giant boar humanoid or that robot, and an unarmed Commander Red.
I think she could take manga Silver. Anime Silver was a different matter, if I recall correctly, but she should be able to handle most "normal" Earthlings.

Nowhere near the freaks from the Budokai, though.
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:23 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
DBZAOTA482 wrote:
I think she could take manga Silver. Anime Silver was a different matter, if I recall correctly, but she should be able to handle most "normal" Earthlings.

Nowhere near the freaks from the Budokai, though.
Didn't Silver managed to surprise Goku once with his speed? I doubt Videl is as fast as 21st TB Goku.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:27 pm

Doctor. wrote: Didn't Silver managed to surprise Goku once with his speed? I doubt Videl is as fast as 21st TB Goku.
I don't recall that happening in the manga.

Regardless, you don't have to be as fast as someone to surprise them with your speed. If a 5 year old managed to have a good showing against me in a race, I'd be damn surprised.

And it's not like speed feats are remotely consistent in this series anyway.
Malik_DBNA wrote: