Who are the top 5 possible strongest characters?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bacon Skittles
Beyond Newbie

Who are the top 5 possible strongest characters?

Post by Bacon Skittles » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:15 pm

<deleted>
Last edited by Bacon Skittles on Sun May 23, 2021 6:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Doctor.
Banned

Re: Who's the strongest character and in what form?

Post by Doctor. » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:17 pm

Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta or end of GT Goku, I think it's obvious enough.

Edit: Well, thanks for the edit, now I don't know what to answer with.

Dyno
Banned

Re: Who are the top 5 possible strongest characters?

Post by Dyno » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:26 pm

Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta and/or Evil Bardock.

For now, one of them. We still need to see what GDM will bring for the next months (year) for us to theorize about the other characters.

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:30 pm

I will ignore GT and games

1. Whis
2. Beerus
3. Goku/Vegeta/Frieza
4. Mystic Gohan (But he seems to have lost it)
5. Gotenks

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:31 pm

Kishido wrote:I will ignore GT and games

1. Whis
2. Beerus
3. Goku/Vegeta/Freeza
5. Gotenks
Did you forget about Vegetto and Boo?

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:40 pm

Doctor. wrote:

1. Whis
2. Beerus
3. Goku/Vegeta/Freeza
5. Gotenks
Vegito won't return... But I forgot Gogeta is still possible.

Buu is dead

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:41 pm

"Potential" is a complete guessing game. Someone could make a good guess about the strongest characters we've actually seen, but trying to guess who COULD be the strongest is a totally different question altogether.

Especially because things are always changing. Just a year ago, could anyone have guessed that Freeza would jump back up into the top 5 strongest characters?
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:53 pm

Kishido wrote:
Doctor. wrote:

1. Whis
2. Beerus
3. Goku/Vegeta/Freeza
5. Gotenks
Vegito won't return... But I forgot Gogeta is still possible.

Buu is dead
The OP is saying if they could utilize their full potential. Vegetto would be Goku and Vegeta's full "potential".

Boo is not dead.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:58 pm

Counting games and GT...

1. Whis
2. Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta
3. Beerus
4. Evil Bardock (wtf)
5. Legendary Super Saiyan 4 Broly
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:07 pm

Doctor. wrote:
The OP is saying if they could utilize their full potential. Vegetto would be Goku and Vegeta's full "potential".

Boo is not dead.
I don't consider GT canon. Dunno if Uub would be anywhere as close to the power level of the likes I said... I still rank Mytic Gohan and Gotens above Kid Buu

If we talk about potential

1. Whis
2. Beerus
3. Vegito
4. Gogeta
5. Gotenks

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:08 pm

Kishido wrote:
Doctor. wrote:

Boo is not dead.
I don't consider GT canon. Dunno if Uub would be anywhere as close to the power level of the likes I said... I still rank Mytic Gohan and Gotens above Kid Buu

If we talk about potential

1. Whis
2. Beerus
3. Vegito
4. Gogeta
5. Gotenks
I was actually talking about Mr. Boo. Absorptions still count as "potential", I'm sure.

Bacon Skittles
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bacon Skittles » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:14 pm

Based on the "new" transformations from Heroes, here's who I think could be the top 5.

1. Cell while Super Saiyan 3 and "Golden" form
Cell is made up of Frieza and King Cold's cells. So it stands to reason that he can achieve the "Golden" form that Frieza achieves. That form alone seems to be powerful enough to defeat Goku, but time will tell. Super Perfect Cell is Super Saiyan 2, so this means he can achieve Super Saiyan 3. Those two transformations at the same time could mean that Cell could very well be at Beerus's level.

2. Super Saiyan God Goku while Super Saiyan 3
After his God form "expired" Goku can still go Super Saiyan. So his God power is increased by the Super Saiyan multiplier. Since he can go Super Saiyan then that means he very well can achieve Super Saiyan 3. No red aurora, the appearance would be just like standard SS3. Goku could increase his power even further with Kaioken x20.

2.5 Golden Freeza
We're not sure exactly how powerful he is, other than that he seems to be able to beat Super Saiyan God Goku. We'll have to wait to see what it takes to defeat him when the film comes out.

3. Super Saiyan 3 Gotenks
Gotenks is one of the most powerful characters in the manga, but not as strong as Vegetto. So why is he higher on this list than Vegetto? That is because this list is about potential. Gotenks is a Saiyan/Human hybrid. Because of this, Gotenks could very well unlock that inner power that we have seen Gohan unlock when he became Super Saiyan 2 while fighting Cell. In Dragon Ball Heroes we see him in a adult from as well as Super Saiyan 3. Trunks can now achieve Super Saiyan 3 as well, so therefore his personal power has increased considerably than it was in GT. Combining these elements means that Gotenks very well has the potential to be stronger than Vegetto ever could be.

4. Super Saiyan 3 Vegetto
Goku knew that fusing would not beat Beerus, so this means that Super Saiyan God Goku is stronger than Vegetto. However Vegetto would still be extremely powerful. He could also utilize Kaioken x20.

4.5 Super Saiyan 3 Gogeta
It's been implied that Vegetto is stronger than Gogeta because of the Potara fusion being better, though no official statement on their power levels has been given.

5. Legendary Super Saiyan 3 Broly
I know power levels are all over the place, but as far as official sources go Super Saiyan 2 Teen Gohan can beat Legendary Super Saiyan Broly. However because of the immense multiplier that Broly achieves with going Legendary Super Saiyan, I think it's safe to say that multiplier increases more in Legendary Super Saiyan 3 than standard Super Saiyan 3. Plus Broly's power is constantly increasing, unlike Super Saiyan 3 Goku. This form first appeared in the games and I'm sure is nerfed considerably. I'm sure though that Broly's true strength in this form would easily destroy Kid Buu.

Disclaimer:
There is a small problem with this list when it comes to official power levels. If those were taken into consideration then Super Saiyan 1 Gogeta is actually as strong as Beerus. So a Super Saiyan 3 Gogeta, or even Vegetto, when going by official power levels, could kill Beerus easily. However this conflicts with Goku's statement that not even Fusion could defeat Beerus. It is likely these power levels were made by somebody at Toei and not by Toriyama. Since Toriyama made Battle of Gods, what is stated in the film is canon therefore overriding statements on power levels.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:51 pm

Bacon Skittles wrote:
2. Super Saiyan God Goku while Super Saiyan 3
After his God form "expired" Goku can still go Super Saiyan. So his God power is increased by the Super Saiyan multiplier. Since he can go Super Saiyan then that means he very well can achieve Super Saiyan 3. No red aurora, the appearance would be just like standard SS3. Goku could increase his power even further with Kaioken x20.
This makes sense. It's what I thought. But that's not officially how it works. After absorbing his god powers, he has no need for SSJ2 or SSJ3; using those forms will not increase his strength or speed at all. SSJ transformations bring out the latent potential of a saiyan, but Goku's potential has now almost entirely been brought out in his base form (ala Ultimate Gohan). It's bullshit, but that's what Toriyama outright said/implied. It remains to be seen if he even ever goes SSJ again.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Bacon Skittles
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bacon Skittles » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:54 pm

Even if Super Saiyan were to not increase his power, which sucks and I hope is wrong, his Kaioken would still increase his overall power.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:05 pm

The correct answer is Tori-Bot.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Low Tone G
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Low Tone G » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:18 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:The correct answer is 1.Tori-Bot.
Pretty much!
2. End of GT Goku
3. Whis+Beerus potara fusion(Bhis or Wheerus or something)
4. Saiyan God Vegetto/Mystic Saiyan God Vegetto
5. Saiyan God Gogeta/Mystic Saiyan God Gogeta
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:20 pm

Bacon Skittles wrote:Even if Super Saiyan were to not increase his power, which sucks and I hope is wrong, his Kaioken would still increase his overall power.
If he could use Kaioken and Super Saiyan at the same time he would have done so against Cell and Boo. It's clear that Kaioken takes too much strain (or is just incompatible) to use while SSJ is active.

thefalseprophecy
Not-So-Newbie

Post by thefalseprophecy » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:25 pm

Correct me if I'm mistaken but I thought that battle powers were not provided after the Freeza arc.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:30 pm

thefalseprophecy wrote:Correct me if I'm mistaken but I thought that battle powers were not provided after the Freeza arc.
Besides Future Trunks' suppressed 5, they were not, but is that relevant to the topic at hand?

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:43 pm

Is SSJ4 Gogeta really that impressive? I'm dubious of this because SSJ Vegetto, according to the GT perfect files(I think), was supposed to be around SSJ4 Goku. Given that then it would depend entirely on how much stronger SSJGod Goku was compared to SSJ Vegetto. The minimum SSJ Gotenks would need to be for Piccolo not to say anything about him needing more training would be around SSJ3 Goku's strength against Fat Boo. Even assuming Goku was at maximum power for this fight then the fusion multiplier would need to be 8x(Assuming of course that Goten and Trunks were 2x weaker than their fathers). I think you have to ask yourself is SSJGod Goku more than 16x stronger than SSJ Vegetto?

Honestly though, GT is a bunch of croc so I'd rather leave it out:
1. Whis
2. Beerus
3. Goku(At this point, may change after the new movie.)
4. SSJ Vegetto
5. Gohan.