Death Battle: Goku vs Superman 2

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bullza
Banned

Death Battle: Goku vs Superman 2

Post by Bullza » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:47 pm

If anyone watched the Chuck Norris vs Segata Sanshiro video that was uploaded yesterday, this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eDSt8OHkx0

There's a scene around 13:40 that shows a few of the previous fights they've done like the Pokémon fight, Batman vs Captain America, Ryu vs Scorpion but then finally SSJ God Goku vs Superman.

I thought that was a bit of an odd thing to include in there along with the others so what do you think? Are they teasing a possible rematch in the future maybe or a One Minute Melee? It wouldn't surprise if they did as the Superman vs Goku video got 27 million views which makes it by far the most watched Death battle and Screw Attack video.

Whether the result would change or not is another thing but it would obviously get a ton of views regardless and with Goku getting a new form and a big power up with these latest movies I've always thought that it would make sense for them to do another one.

Then again maybe it's nothing at all.
Last edited by Bullza on Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:17 am, edited 9 times in total.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Re: SSJ God Goku vs Superman Death Battle teased?

Post by dbzfan7 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:51 pm

They teased it twice. Once after the stream with Samus vs Boba Fett too. It annoys me to no end. They complain about some fan backlash and then they won't just let it go. They continue to make jokes and then do these kind of hints. They should just stick to their guns and let it go. Besides Godku has no defined feats anyways, so putting him in a rematch is stupid til there's actually some feats he accomplishes. Why bother doing a rematch if the outcome wasn't even brought back into question. There's is no questioning the outcome til Godku does something noteworthy.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:58 pm

I believe they said they wouldn't be doing it due to how SSJ God works (specifically the 5 Saiyan requirement, which goes against Death Battle rules). Even then, I highly doubt that SSJ God would still close the gap between Goku and Superman. As they said in the episode, the difference is in their character. Goku has limits and is pushing to bypass these limits, but suffers little to no mental trouble (aside from being an airhead to common sense). Superman deals with a lot of mental trauma and struggles to accept himself and his heritage, but is said to have no limits so long as the Sun is there to give him power (the guy can suppress a freaken Black Hole for crying out loud). So yeah, bypassing limits vs. no limit, Goku still has his limits and Superman (more or less) doesn't.
dbzfan7 wrote:They teased it twice. Once after the stream with Samus vs Boba Fett too. It annoys me to no end. They complain about some fan backlash and then they won't just let it go. They continue to make jokes and then do these kind of hints. They should just stick to their guns and let it go. Besides Godku has no defined feats anyways, so putting him in a rematch is stupid til there's actually some feats he accomplishes. Why bother doing a rematch if the outcome wasn't even brought back into question. There's is no questioning the outcome til Godku does something noteworthy.
Not only that, but we don't even know the maximum potential of God Form. In Battle of Gods Goku admitted he was only going 80%, and seconds later God Form expired. Also, Beerus said that Goku didn't notice God Form wear off because his body adapted its power and only had a small decrease in power.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:00 pm

BlazingBarrrager wrote:Not only that, but we don't even know the maximum potential of God Form. In Battle of Gods Goku admitted he was only going 80%, and seconds later God Form expired. Also, Beerus said that Goku didn't notice God Form wear off because his body adapted its power and only had a small decrease in power.
Beerus then asks "Are you being serious now?" and Goku replies with a yes, so he did went 100% for a short amount of time when Beerus went 70'%.

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:03 pm

Knowing ScrewAttack... Goku lost. :problem:
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:07 pm

Doctor. wrote:
BlazingBarrrager wrote:Not only that, but we don't even know the maximum potential of God Form. In Battle of Gods Goku admitted he was only going 80%, and seconds later God Form expired. Also, Beerus said that Goku didn't notice God Form wear off because his body adapted its power and only had a small decrease in power.
Beerus then asks "Are you being serious now?" and Goku replies with a yes, so he did went 100% for a short amount of time when Beerus went 70'%.
Was this in the original or dub, because I swear he said he was going 80% shortly before God Form expired in the dub.
DarkPrince_92 wrote:Knowing ScrewAttack... Goku lost. :problem:
Honestly, ScrewAttack isn't to blame with this one. I mean didn't the crew actually ask for advice on Goku from this very site? Either way, the problem with Superman is that writers tend to do whatever the hell they want with him and no one gives a damn. Doesn't help there are so many damn incarnations of Superman comics and stories, which adds to his feats. Also, DBZ doesn't exactly make finding Goku's limits easy considering how inconstant the manga/anime is with that.

Oh, and I believe they said that they actually nerfed Superman's speed in the match.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:25 pm

BlazingBarrrager wrote:Was this in the original or dub, because I swear he said he was going 80% shortly before God Form expired in the dub.
He did say he was going 80% on both dubs. But then Beerus gets mad and says something akin to "Can you keep up with this speed?" (which is around the time he bumps up his power to 70% probably), then they both fight for a while, Beerus asks "Are you being serious now?" in both dubs, and Goku replies with a yes right before losing the SSJG power in the japanese version and with "You're about to find out" in the dub.

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:27 pm

Doctor. wrote:
BlazingBarrrager wrote:Was this in the original or dub, because I swear he said he was going 80% shortly before God Form expired in the dub.
He did say he was going 80% on both dubs. But then Beerus gets mad and says something akin to "Can you keep up with this speed?" (which is around the time he bumps up his power to 70% probably), then they both fight for a while, Beerus asks "Are you being serious now?" in both dubs, and Goku replies with a yes right before losing the SSJG power in the japanese version and with "You're about to find out" in the dub.
Ah alright. It's been a little bit since I saw the movie so I wasn't sure.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:45 pm

I believe they said they wouldn't be doing it due to how SSJ God works (specifically the 5 Saiyan requirement, which goes against Death Battle rules). Even then, I highly doubt that SSJ God would still close the gap between Goku and Superman.

Well Goku can access that power without outside help now so that shouldn't be an issue anymore.

I'm not sure whether SSJ God would close the gap fully but it would be much closer considering he would have probably been significantly stronger than SSJ3 Vegito whereas I believe it was said SSJ4 Goku wasn't as strong as Super Vegito? And he looks to power up even more in Resurrection F.

In the Death Battle video they based SSJ4's power off of Goku's power in Z which was really the wrong thing to do as Base Goku in GT was stronger than SSJ3 Goku in Z so I don't know why they did that.

I suppose they could set the battle elsewhere so Goku could blow up the sun so Superman's powers drained over time too.

But anyway as I said if the video were to be made it'd probably be because it would get more views than any other video they might come up with. Obviously it'd be best for Resurrection F to come out first however.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:48 pm

Bullza wrote:
I believe they said they wouldn't be doing it due to how SSJ God works (specifically the 5 Saiyan requirement, which goes against Death Battle rules). Even then, I highly doubt that SSJ God would still close the gap between Goku and Superman.

Well Goku can access that power without outside help now so that shouldn't be an issue anymore.

I'm not sure whether SSJ God would close the gap fully but it would be much closer considering he would have probably been significantly stronger than SSJ3 Vegito whereas I believe it was said SSJ4 Goku wasn't as strong as Super Vegito? And he looks to power up even more in Resurrection F.

In the Death Battle video they based SSJ4's power off of Goku's power in Z which was really the wrong thing to do as Base Goku in GT was stronger than SSJ3 Goku in Z so I don't know why they did that.

I suppose they could set the battle elsewhere so Goku could blow up the sun so Superman's powers drained over time too.

But anyway as I said if the video were to be made it'd probably be because it would get more views than any other video they might come up with. Obviously it'd be best for Resurrection F to come out first however.
No one knows how strong Goku really is though anymore, God has no real power multiplier and I really doubt it ever will bar some fan speculatory ones so trying to calculate just how much of a boost he would get from it. You did say it right, he's a lot stronger than Vegito but "a lot" would be a pretty vague thing to use to calculate his strength. Frankly its a miracle they were able to calculate much of anything for him as is.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:59 pm

That's true enough, in Battle of Gods SSJ God Goku didn't have any feats that he wasn't capable of before already. Most of it revolves around power scaling which I think they tend to ignore.

They could probably work out the calculations for Vegito though as that was said to be a multiplication of Goku and Vegeta's powers and then that could be seen as a bare minimum for SSJ God Goku's abilities.

They could also work out Beerus' power with him being able to destroy a solar system and him destroying planets by flying into them and then say 70% of that is what Goku is capable of.

Though if he's stronger in this movie then there's the question of how much stronger is he.

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:03 pm

It'd likely be a one minute melee. Given the new material. they'd likely wait until it's done to redo a full death battle

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:08 pm

Honestly, the only thing another Son Goku vs. Superman Death Battle would do is cause another riot among fans. As much as I like my favorite characters duking it out on well made, free entertainment (even losing to some extent), I really don't want to hear more backlash about the loser and such. Funny thing is after Deadpool vs. Deathstroke there was a One-Minute Melee of those two fighting and having opposite results.

Oh and speaking of One-Minute Melee they just recently did Dan Hibiki vs. Hercule (Mr. Satan). Haven't watched it yet, but it sounds hilarious.

kazamino
Not-So-Newbie

Post by kazamino » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:57 am

DarkPrince_92 wrote:Knowing ScrewAttack... Goku lost. :problem:
From the past few videos I did see from them, 'murica never loses... ever. I stopped watching because the commentators annoy me worse than the ones in actual wrestling and other sports...
In a world of approximately seven billion people, the irony is that wandering around... is the fastest way to get noticed

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:16 am

They're not going to redo the same fight twice just because one character has a new form or power.

That said, I really don't see why people care so much about Death Battle, considering that once you take away all of their popularity and fancy production values, their conclusions have no more meaning than what any random person on the internet thinks. They have no authority or anything on what they say, in the end it's just their opinion. I even know a guy who completely thinks Superman would win but hated the Goku vs. Superman video because it made so many mistakes about both characters and, in his words, it "got the right result for the wrong reasons".
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:13 am

From the past few videos I did see from them, 'murica never loses... ever. I stopped watching because the commentators annoy me worse than the ones in actual wrestling and other sports...

I don't mind the main commentator it's just the stupid comic relief hillbilly one that annoys me.
They're not going to redo the same fight twice just because one character has a new form or power.

I didn't say that would be the only reason. As I mentioned the Superman vs Goku video has 27 million views and it's still going strong. If anything they'd do it so the channel or the series had a resurgence if the popularity were to dwindle because there's probably no video that will get more views than that one would.

This tease could be nothing but I'd be very surprised if they didn't do a rematch video in the future. Goku getting a new form and power up only makes that even more likely.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:18 am

I do think that another rematch is stupid. I hate how DBZ fans can't handle criticism since DBZ fans refuse to admit that there other stronger characters in fiction besides Goku. Superman has better feats then Goku and fans refuse to admit it. Goku is not even the strongest character in his own franchise since Beerus and Whis are both stronger then him. He was not even the strongest in the Cell saga and Buu saga. I would be mad if they make SSjG Goku win just to make fans happy. If Goku wins then Screw Attack is going to get the same level of hate that the Goku vs. Superman video got but only with DC and Superman fanboys. Superman and DC fanboys are going to send Screw Attack hate comments and mail similar what DBZ fans did after the original Goku vs. Superman video. DC comics and Superman has a bigger fanbase then DBZ does after all.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:48 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:I do think that another rematch is stupid. I hate how DBZ fans can't handle criticism since DBZ fans refuse to admit that there other stronger characters in fiction besides Goku. Superman has better feats then Goku and fans refuse to admit it. Goku is not even the strongest character in his own franchise since Beerus and Whis are both stronger then him. He was not even the strongest in the Cell saga and Buu saga. I would be mad if they make SSjG Goku win just to make fans happy. If Goku wins then Screw Attack is going to get the same level of hate that the Goku vs. Superman video got but only with DC and Superman fanboys. Superman and DC fanboys are going to send Screw Attack hate comments and mail similar what DBZ fans did after the original Goku vs. Superman video. DC comics and Superman has a bigger fanbase then DBZ does after all.
Why do people care so much? It's a bunch of no-name internet entertainers whose only claim to fame is being able to animate fights pretty well. Just because they have one character or another win on their show doesn't actually mean anything.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:06 pm

Well in their defense they do constantly tell fans to stop taking the show so seriously.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:11 pm

Considering the fight referenced in the OP was between two memetic joke characters and had one of them throw Saturn's rings like a chakram and slice the solar system in half, I'm surprised anyone takes it seriously.