Shadow Dragons for Porunga?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bacon Skittles
Beyond Newbie

Shadow Dragons for Porunga?

Post by Bacon Skittles » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:52 am

<deleted>
Last edited by Bacon Skittles on Sun May 23, 2021 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: Shadow Dragons for Porunga?

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:14 am

I honestly wouldn't want that. 7 Shadow Dragons is enough for me. But if idea is executed well, who knows.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:58 am

The Namek Dragon Balls are not over used compare to the ones on Earth, so I don't think the idea would happen.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

flashback0180
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by flashback0180 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:41 pm

I assume even if they existed they must have disappeared after guru died. What was kami even thinking creating something like that.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:09 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:The Namek Dragon Balls are not over used compare to the ones on Earth, so I don't think the idea would happen.
Shenlong had granted at least 9 wishes (11 including BOG and ROF) up till the point in GT in which the dragons spawned, while Porunga granted at least 13 wishes at the same point in GT.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:11 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:The Namek Dragon Balls are not over used compare to the ones on Earth, so I don't think the idea would happen.
Shenlong had granted at least 9 wishes (11 including BOG and ROF) up till the point in GT in which the dragons spawned, while Porunga granted at least 13 wishes at the same point in GT.
The Namekian balls are also much larger than the Earth balls, though, so it's possible that it would take longer for them to overfill with negative energy.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:14 pm

That would depend on if the size of the orbs is even relative to "filling" them up.

It could also be possible that the amount of negative energy Porunga creates from his wishes could be increased proportionately to the size of the orbs as well, meaning both sets of DBs would fill at roughly the same rate (depending on the types of wishes made).
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:40 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:That would depend on if the size of the orbs is even relative to "filling" them up.

It could also be possible that the amount of negative energy Porunga creates from his wishes could be increased proportionately to the size of the orbs as well, meaning both sets of DBs would fill at roughly the same rate (depending on the types of wishes made).
That's why I said "possible."

And I kinda like the idea that Kami making his Dragon Balls small was a design flaw he was unaware of.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:43 pm

DB Heroes explores "what if" scenarios of existing content. It doesn't actually create new characters.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:27 pm

Marco Polo wrote:DB Heroes explores "what if" scenarios of existing content. It doesn't actually create new characters.
It already has 18 brand new characters.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:32 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
Marco Polo wrote:DB Heroes explores "what if" scenarios of existing content. It doesn't actually create new characters.
Like who? SSJ3 Vegeta, Baby Janemba, etc. are not new characters.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:41 pm

Marco Polo wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
Like who? SSJ3 Vegeta, Baby Janemba, etc. are not new characters.
Beat, Froze, etc are new characters.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.