Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Birusu16
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by Birusu16 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:46 am

miguelnuva1 wrote:@New ssj forms

I really like the new blue hair on the SSJs and the fact Goku and Vegeta are getting them remind me of the first time Agumon and Gabamon warp digivolved. I would still love to see red hair god vegeta at some point but I am a fan of the new saiyan beyond god forms as well.

@Vegeta in slavery

In my two cents Vegeta wasn't in slavery as much as Freeza just kept his men in check. Wasn't Vegeta ranked higher than everyone but Zarbon, Dodoria and the Ginyus and I thought it was said Vegeta was given speical treatment. Freeza also gave him control of Nappa and Raditz and possibly even a cut of the profits since they were planning on selling Earth.

I imagine Freeza and Vegeta's relationship like a strict parent raising you your entire life and then you find out this person killed your real loving family and stole you as a baby. Freeza was a bad person to everyone around and caused Vegeta wrong in the past but I don't think in the manga he ever directly mistreated Vegeta.
Except Vegeta wasn't there by choice. It was forcible submission and subjection by Freeza. You don't have to mistreat someone for it to be slavery.

Birusu16
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Birusu16 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:48 am

SansrivaaL wrote:
Birusu16 wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:So ur actually telling me Gohan didnt shine after killing Cell?
Trunks didnt shine and had impact after his first appearance and kills Freeza?
Vegeta didnt shine after doing one hell of a sacrifice for his family and Goku?
Not really, slavery is making him look like a fool and using him all the time, we hardly see Freeza manipulating Vegeta. Having a high rank isnt exactly called slavery now is it. Unless u view slavery in another way.
Gohan, yes
Trunks, yes
Vegeta, no. His sacrifice accomplished nothing.

No, it's not. Slavery is forcing one into submission and subjecting them do your bidding. You have no choice in the matter. That's what Freeza did to Vegeta, so yes, Vegeta was basically a slave to Freeza.
Vegeta made a heroic scene, that enough is a spotlight for me even if it didnt accomplish anything doesnt mean he didnt sparkle. Fine if u feel he was a slave then go ahead.
Which is where the term short end of the stick comes into play. Sure the scene was beautiful and touching, but in the end it accomplished nothing.

VeteranX

Post by VeteranX » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:48 am

Ha yeah I'm pretty easy to please. I honestly don't think this movie can disappoint me..actually nothing from dragonball has really disappointed me(well besides bio-Broly-_-).
Last edited by VeteranX on Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Favorite characters: Goku,Vegeta,Future Trunks

On my way to collect all the dragon balls!

Flame Dragon
Regular

Post by Flame Dragon » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:48 am

So in the end we really got Dragon Ball AF, afterall.
Last edited by Flame Dragon on Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:50 am

ArcaneSuperSaiyan wrote:Am I the only one here that actually hopes the new blue haired SSJ forms are legit? I mean I always thought that scene in Yo! Son Goku and Friends Return where the lighting makes Goku's SSJ look blue made him look cool.

I remember the BOG teasers for SSJG causing me to speculate that the form would be blue because of the aura as well. When it turned out to be magenta I was kinda disappointed. So while I think it's more than a bit silly to have so many different colored SSJ forms, I think this is what SSJG should have been from the very beginning. Maybe that's just because I never cared much for how SSJG looks really though. I mean it's grown on me over time, but I still think it's pretty lackluster.

It could also be much worse in my opinion. Like the fan idea of multi colored SSJGs being unique to each person(Goku = magenta, Vegeta = blue, Gohan = green, etc.) I think that'd look atrocious. We'd end up with a rainbow of SSJGs.

That said, if all this turns out to be fake(which I think is unlikely with all the hints and the DBH tease) I'd definitely be okay with how they're seemingly using the base form only instead now.

Also, nice to meet you all. I've been lurking for some time, but this is my first time actually posting.
I'm actually hoping for a blue haired ssj1 Goku and Vegeta it looks sick but kinda beats what AT said about Red being a strong color than the others. Still it looks awesome, just hope the transformation doesnt need a ritual and is actually a form they can achieve in their own.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:51 am

Birusu16 wrote:

I really like the new blue hair on the SSJs and the fact Goku and Vegeta are getting them remind me of the first time Agumon and Gabamon warp digivolved. I would still love to see red hair god vegeta at some point but I am a fan of the new saiyan beyond god forms as well.

@Vegeta in slavery

In my two cents Vegeta wasn't in slavery as much as Freeza just kept his men in check. Wasn't Vegeta ranked higher than everyone but Zarbon, Dodoria and the Ginyus and I thought it was said Vegeta was given speical treatment. Freeza also gave him control of Nappa and Raditz and possibly even a cut of the profits since they were planning on selling Earth.

I imagine Freeza and Vegeta's relationship like a strict parent raising you your entire life and then you find out this person killed your real loving family and stole you as a baby. Freeza was a bad person to everyone around and caused Vegeta wrong in the past but I don't think in the manga he ever directly mistreated Vegeta.
Except Vegeta wasn't there by choice. It was forcible submission and subjection by Freeza. You don't have to mistreat someone for it to be slavery.
Do we know Vegeta wasn't there by choice? Vegeta choose to following Frieza because he couldn't beat him in a fight but it seemed like the saiyans had a lot of freedom compared to the slaves in america.

VeteranX

Post by VeteranX » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:52 am

SansrivaaL wrote:
ArcaneSuperSaiyan wrote:Am I the only one here that actually hopes the new blue haired SSJ forms are legit? I mean I always thought that scene in Yo! Son Goku and Friends Return where the lighting makes Goku's SSJ look blue made him look cool.

I remember the BOG teasers for SSJG causing me to speculate that the form would be blue because of the aura as well. When it turned out to be magenta I was kinda disappointed. So while I think it's more than a bit silly to have so many different colored SSJ forms, I think this is what SSJG should have been from the very beginning. Maybe that's just because I never cared much for how SSJG looks really though. I mean it's grown on me over time, but I still think it's pretty lackluster.

It could also be much worse in my opinion. Like the fan idea of multi colored SSJGs being unique to each person(Goku = magenta, Vegeta = blue, Gohan = green, etc.) I think that'd look atrocious. We'd end up with a rainbow of SSJGs.

That said, if all this turns out to be fake(which I think is unlikely with all the hints and the DBH tease) I'd definitely be okay with how they're seemingly using the base form only instead now.

Also, nice to meet you all. I've been lurking for some time, but this is my first time actually posting.
I'm actually hoping for a blue haired ssj1 Goku and Vegeta it looks sick but kinda beats what AT said about Red being a strong color than the others. Still it looks awesome, just hope the transformation doesnt need a ritual and is actually a form they can achieve in their own.
Yeah that's what I was saying at least that way goku or vegeta can feel happy about achieving it. :thumbup:
Favorite characters: Goku,Vegeta,Future Trunks

On my way to collect all the dragon balls!

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:54 am

So basically for u
Kills=Sparkle? I'm done. Vegeta made one hell of a scene there that actually was the turning point of his character development and that people seeing that Vegeta is actually a good guy, that was a legendary scene for most fans and if u dont appreciate that and thinks he didnt shine on that part then....... I have nothing else to say.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:56 am

SansrivaaL wrote:So basically for u
Kills=Sparkle? I'm done. Vegeta made one hell of a scene there that actually was the turning point of his character development and that people seeing that Vegeta is actually a good guy, that was a legendary scene for most fans and if u dont appreciate that and thinks he didnt shine on that part then....... I have nothing else to say.
He did shin in that scene but that doesn't mean we're not going to want him to shine more by finally taking down a main villain.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:56 am

VeteranX wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:

Yeah that's what I was saying at least that way goku or vegeta can feel happy about achieving it. :thumbup:
:thumbup: :clap: Cant wait for someone to spoil some things.

snaku
Regular

Post by snaku » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:58 am

Having a hard time deciding whether to spoil myself or not this time. With BoG we knew we weren't going to see it at least until the Japanese home video release, but this time FnF is going to be in American theaters in just a few months. Ugh, even if I try to avoid spoilers I'll probably run into them on social media between now and then anyway.

Birusu16
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Birusu16 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:58 am

miguelnuva1 wrote:
Birusu16 wrote:

@Vegeta in slavery

Do we know Vegeta wasn't there by choice? Vegeta choose to following Freeza because he couldn't beat him in a fight but it seemed like the saiyans had a lot of freedom compared to the slaves in america.
Do you really think Vegeta would've served Freeza all those years unless he had absolutely no choice? Would you serve a man you absolutely despised if you had any choice in the matter? And just because they had a bit more freedom does not mean it wasn't slavery. Slavery is the forcible submission and subjection by a person. It may not compare to how slaves were treated in America, but it doesn't have to for it to still be slavery.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:59 am

sintzu wrote:
He did shin in that scene but that doesn't mean we're not going to want him to shine more by finally taking down a main villain.
Point taken at least u accept that scene having some sparkle effects, to each of their own. At least he killed Nappa,I mean Nappa was a main villain right? right? right? (just kidding) :silent:

Birusu16
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Birusu16 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:00 am

Since when did I say that? I said the sacrifice accomplished nothing and it literally didn't. I agree that it was a great and beautiful scene and I thoroughly appreciated it, but in the context of the story it accomplished nothing. Vegeta died and Buu was still in perfect condition to resume his reign of terror on Earth.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:02 am

DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Shoko Nakagawa is Tweeting about the movie right now, by the way. Not that it appears to be anything interesting. :P
https://twitter.com/shoko55mmts
Awesome! Much appreciated!

Mystic Tien
Regular

Post by Mystic Tien » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:04 am

SaiyanZ wrote:
Mewzard wrote:
SaiyanZ wrote:Ah I see, my mistake. It and Rurouni Kenshin seem to be the only shonen from that age that are pumping out new content now (JoJo's has turned to a seinen now so I don't count it). I always felt Dragon Ball had muscular designs though, like Goku when he used the Kaioken against Vegeta, though obviously it was never as used like in FotNS.
Kinnikuman still is ongoing (went Seinen for a sequel, then went back to the original characters continuing the volume count *and possibly Shonen status* in the last few years), as is Saint Seiya (which is still counted as Shonen, but with Shonen Champion now, instead of Shonen Jump).

As for the figures, they could be real, they could be fake...I'd just wait for official confirmation before jumping the gun on this and getting too mad and/or happy about it. Lots of making assumptions with little basis/possible false information in this topic in recent weeks. Kinda ridiculous at times.
Oh wow, Kinnikuman is still going?! And I forgot to include Saint Seiya like you & Gyt Kaliba said, my mistake
It was me who said it :)
Chuquita wrote:Woah! 2ch thread replied in English!
32 :見ろ!名無しがゴミのようだ!:2015/03/30(月) 11:50:04.24 ID:/tiuMwGo
>>31
You're a fan from a foreign country, aren't you? I guess you'asking whether the image is legit. We are not sure yet, but it probably is.
Thread: http://kanae.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/animovie/1427680174/

Also, 2ch decided to split off a spoilers thread for F here: http://wc2014.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ani ... 427201439/
They'll have a non-spoilers thread and a spoilers thread.
Blue SSJ God in an one hour :D
Marco Polo wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:Cool to see Gohan have a kill for once. He hasn't killed someone since Cell (or Broli if you want to count in General).
He almost got Videl killed in Battle of Gods tho.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:05 am

Birusu16 wrote:
Since when did I say that? I said the sacrifice accomplished nothing and it literally didn't. I agree that it was a great and beautiful scene and I thoroughly appreciated it, but in the context of the story it accomplished nothing. Vegeta died and Buu was still in perfect condition to resume his reign of terror on Earth.
Probably bcuz u accepted Trunks and Gohan cuz they killed the main enemy but Vegeta failing kinda made u think he didnt shine when actually he sparkled more than Gohan and Trunks combined, srsly that was one hell of a turning point even if it didnt take out buu that still doesnt change the fact that he shined. Especially on BoG, he surpassed Goku for a brief moment, if that doesnt show him shining from ur point of view then like I said I'm done talking to u.

Vegitofaxx
Regular

Post by Vegitofaxx » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:06 am

Aren't we derailing the thread a bit now?
Here lies a modified Doctor Who qoute. It was killed too early by the moderators. R.I.P.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Steam: The Muncher of Da Biscuits.
PSN: Joeythekiller123
Playing XenoVerse on Pc. BP = 10370. Primary CaC: Tapaha. Always ready for an invite :D
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jackass, #1 Hellsing fan, Translator for the Danish version of DBM(always two pages ahead of you), Chilling on da forums 8)

Mystic Tien
Regular

Post by Mystic Tien » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:06 am

MasterVampire wrote:So I was wondering, does EVERY saiyan (including all the dead evil ones back on planet Vegeta) have it written in their DNA the ability to unlock all these transformations?

SSJ 1,2,3 God - Blue thing ?
Well, Vegeta did (judging by figures), so why not? It seems for me that with proper ritual every saiyan can achieve SSJG, as for whether they can absorb it the way Goku did or not, this one I don't know.
Marco Polo wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:Cool to see Gohan have a kill for once. He hasn't killed someone since Cell (or Broli if you want to count in General).
He almost got Videl killed in Battle of Gods tho.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:08 am

Vegitofaxx wrote:Aren't we derailing the thread a bit now?
It'll be back on track within the next hour.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.