Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VyeRo
Beyond Newbie

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by VyeRo » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:22 am

If Vegeta dying is really true, then I don't understand why they were teasing us with the role reversal of Goku and Vegeta on Namek. :problem:

I mean, I honestly didn't expect this to be the Vegeta movie, but him dying/on the brink of death by Freeza AGAIN, that must be a blow to his ego from which he can never recover (at least, that's what would happen to me).

SSJ6Goku
Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJ6Goku » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:22 am

i want to see the movie so bad! i need some pictures of the new goku and vegeta at least to hold me over!
VyeRo wrote:If Vegeta dying is really true, then I don't understand why they were teasing us with the role reversal of Goku and Vegeta on Namek. :problem:

I mean, I honestly didn't expect this to be the Vegeta movie, but him dying/on the brink of death by Freeza AGAIN, that must be a blow to his ego from which he can never recover (at least, that's what would happen to me).
that would suck. didnt toriyama want to make vegeta the hero?
Last edited by SSJ6Goku on Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:22 am

Kishido wrote:And why could Whis only bring Goku back in time?
I think cuz everyone died along with earth while Goku the only one surviving, at the trailer they were talking to Goku on how his softness is contagious with the background of floating rocks (probably earth rocks after its destruction)

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:22 am

SansrivaaL wrote:A saiyan grows stronger every near to death exp, he almost died and literally took one hell of a beating from Golden Freeza even in his bloku mode. Freeza was wasted while Goku had a chance to regain his strength and had a boost from the near to death exp then full power kamehameha. DBZ in a nuttshell, cant say I'm surprised tho.
Except one of the guides states that the Zenkais have gotten so small they don't make a difference anymore.

SRB2Unleashed
Regular

Post by SRB2Unleashed » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:23 am

Are you fucking me right now? Not only do you strip away Goten, Trunks, and Buu, Trunks specifically who would've had interesting interaction with Freeza, then you parallel the Freeza arc, THEN you kill off Vegeta again even though this film was supposed to be focused on him? No. NO. I swear to god this better be fake. I can take Trollz doll Goku and Vegeta transformations, but for godsake have this be fake.
GT isn't bad, just sucks ass in comparison to the other 2 animes.

Subscribe to me on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ImmaKrillinYT

ShaneisMC
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ShaneisMC » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:23 am

I wonder how either amazing or completely absurd a dragon ball story would be if it were a co op written by toriyama and hideo kojima

Birusu16
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Birusu16 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:23 am

SansrivaaL wrote:A saiyan grows stronger every near to death exp, he almost died and literally took one hell of a beating from Golden Freeza even in his bloku mode. Freeza was wasted while Goku had a chance to regain his strength and had a boost from the near to death exp then full power kamehameha. DBZ in a nuttshell, cant say I'm surprised tho.
Zenkai's haven't been a thing for a while and I can't imagine they'd be brought back just for this movie.

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:23 am

What's this? Do I see some "the movie's gonna suck" posts from the same people who told the skeptics to shut up and wait? *shrug* Oh well.
dbzfan7 wrote:Well if that post is true and Goku saves the day, then let's see if some fans will actually turn on the movie because of it, and not just appreciate Vegeta having a bigger role than all the other characters who aren't Goku.
I definitely would. Tired of Vegeta having the ragdoll treatment.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

JamesOwnz
Beyond Newbie

Post by JamesOwnz » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:24 am

So Vegeta dies and everything gets reset?

I mean we all knew everything would get reset anyway but Vegeta dies? Do we know if he at least puts up a good fight or does he just get owned like all the other times?

Ryuman
Regular

Post by Ryuman » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:24 am

To those who wanted an action-packed DBZ film rather than what BOG gave us... There you go, you got it. Don't complain.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:24 am

This. Is. Dragon Ball Z. Love. It :D

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:24 am

Doctor. wrote:
Except one of the guides states that the Zenkais have gotten so small they don't make a difference anymore.
oh... then that I dont know. That little zenkai boost was probably enough, we do know Goku and Vegeta likes playing around without attacking seriously to kill, so after that fight they had he probably knew he should go full power. The fun part is my friend said after frieza died sorbet said ''all according to plan'' I'm like what the fck?

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:25 am

Some pics from the theater:

TJVY
Beyond Newbie

Post by TJVY » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:25 am

VeteranX wrote:I'm kinda feeling underwhelmed right now but I'll wait for the summary to judge it then.
Ditto, I've been positive about this film up until now. Was hoping we'd get more than a last minute senzu bean and kamahameha wave. :eh:
"It's not anime that sucks, it's the fans."

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:25 am

SRB2Unleashed wrote:Are you fucking me right now? Not only do you strip away Goten, Trunks, and Buu, Trunks specifically who would've had interesting interaction with Freeza, then you parallel the Freeza arc, THEN you kill off Vegeta again even though this film was supposed to be focused on him? No. NO. I swear to god this better be fake. I can take Trollz doll Goku and Vegeta transformations, but for godsake have this be fake.
This is real.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:25 am

Birusu16 wrote:
Zenkai's haven't been a thing for a while and I can't imagine they'd be brought back just for this movie.
One happened back in the Cell arc, because of reasons.

Amaterasu

Post by Amaterasu » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:26 am

So I guess Goku saves the day for everyone again... Not that I expected anything different.
I really enjoyed that BoG didn't only focus on fights etc., but these summaries make it sound like Toriyama wasn't joking with his comment to increase the action scenes in this movie. :?
I wanted some more character development.

Abel Taylor
Beyond Newbie

Post by Abel Taylor » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:26 am

EXBadguy wrote:What's this? Do I see some "the movie's gonna suck" posts from the same people who told the skeptics to shut up and wait? *shrug* Oh well.
I don't see the need for condescendion. They waited, as they told others to do, and now don't like it, though I think theu should wait to see the actual movie. That said, I am hyped for this movie. I would've loved for Vegeta to step in and win, but it still seems fun.
Hi! My name's Abel, and I'm pretty awesome.
VegettoEX wrote: Abel is pretty awesome.
SaiyaJedi wrote: Abel is the best contributor to this forum ever! He's the true Julian #1
Herms wrote: Abel is so awesome that I forgot how to speak Japanese.

TheAldella
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheAldella » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:27 am

As someone who didn't give a damn if Vegeta won or not, I'm...pretty happy with this. Not amazed or blown away, but I'm satisfied.
Favorite anime -
Mob Psycho 100
Yu Yu Hakusho

Favorite movies -
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Zack Snyder's Justice League
HybridSaiyan wrote:Super better nail the fusion right. I don't want to see some gay twirling shit like the Zamasu fusion when they should just smack dicks together and merge.

TJVY
Beyond Newbie

Post by TJVY » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:28 am

Abel Taylor wrote:
EXBadguy wrote:What's this? Do I see some "the movie's gonna suck" posts from the same people who told the skeptics to shut up and wait? *shrug* Oh well.
I don't see the need for condescension. They waited, as they told others to do, and now don't like it, though I think they should wait to see the actual movie. That said, I am hyped for this movie. I would've loved for Vegeta to step in and win, but it still seems fun.
Yeah, I agree with this post entirely. :clap:
Last edited by TJVY on Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
"It's not anime that sucks, it's the fans."